Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:52 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
OK then just one of you geniuses explain why you so called experts said we were heading for an ice age in the 70's, also explain how you can have true data from 120 thousand years ago, explain why the EPA is giving our tax dollars away to other countries?

I don't think it takes a genius or an expert to do these things, just someone who has a healthy understanding of science. But, I won't explain these things to you, since you haven't made any attempt to explain any of your statements.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm 

I most certainly have, just take a couple minutes and punch in the web site i GAVE and read for your self, start with the university of Oregon site, also I do not require an explanation to the 70's Newsweek article, or are you not aware of it !? I want your feed back ,as you seem to be convinced that greenhouse gasses are the cause of the global warming hysteria. Obviously my point is why would you believe the same climatologists that wrote that piece, in the face of a 180 degree turn around, just like eating eggs, wow now they are healthy, how about that wonder margarine, that's correct save it for st alphonso. So you see it is I that is willing to waste more of my Hobie sailing time to be here trying to figure out your logic on the subject.....what say you?

Over all who cares what any one else thinks,,, this is just curiosity on my part.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm 

Articles shmarticles. The only 100% reliable source for actual facts come directly from the 97% of the scientific community who have already proven it as fact.....

-NOAA
-NASA
-EPA
-National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)

Global warming denyers can drink all of the koolade they want, but it won't make the phoney misinformation that is fully funded by oil, coal and related industry billionaires come true. The Earth is round. Evolution is real. Foxnews lies and There Ain't No Santa Claus on the Evenin' Stage.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
The Earth is round. Evolution is real. Foxnews lies and There Ain't No Santa Claus on the Evenin' Stage.

But don't underestimate the power of those who believe in Santa Clause. For those who believe, Santa does exist and you better not fuck with Him.

Little known fact: The pyramids in Egypt were originally cubes but global warming melted them into triangular shapes.*

*Source: Nigel Tufnel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:21 am 

NOT go to OISM.org,, click on petition project.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
no shit seems there is a forum member that likes to call people that dissagree with their posts nazi's

If you're referring to "my" use of the term nazis you should re-read my post. I didn't refer to anyone as a nazi. The quote related to Lord Fucking Monckton using the term when abusing respected climate change authorities whom he disagreed with.

And by the way, I don't waste my time going to websites devoted to climate change deniers. I don't need balance in the argument because most deniers are unbalanced in their views. I read books on the subject and work for an environmental agency, so I have all the education resources I need.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 am 

Perhaps the 'mini ice age' that hit the news recently will counter global warming and everything will just work itself out nicely. If so, we'll need some means to determine which 'effect' holds the upper hand at all times, like a giant thermometer in every city centre simply labeled 'Too Hot', 'Too Cold' and 'Just Dandy'. Then we could use this to decide which way to tip the scales to maintain a balance. 'Too Hot' and we could shut down the power grid, heavy industry and all transportation for a few days until things cool off and 'Too Cold' could be an opportunity for family-oriented aerosol-can fueled bonfires to be held in city greenspaces where everyone would have the chance to make a difference. And, of course, 'Just Dandy' would afford us the chance to relax our global vigilance for a while and focus on ourselves and our ongoing pursuit of denial.

:mrgreen:

Please note: This is satire. Black humour, or gallows humour if you will. No statistics, studies or doctrines were researched, quoted, altered or otherwise abused for the purposes of my post. Now I'll sit back, throw a couple of spraypaint cans in the woodstove and wait for Fox News-o-tainment to offer me that research job....

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 am 

Actually there was a mini-ice age, which occurred after the Medieval Warm Period. Although the exact date is debated, it runs roughly from the 16th to the 19th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

A new ice-age will come. But hopefully not until I've finished knitting my full body armour.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 am 

Uncle Bernie wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
no shit seems there is a forum member that likes to call people that dissagree with their posts nazi's

If you're referring to "my" use of the term nazis you should re-read my post. I didn't refer to anyone as a nazi. The quote related to Lord Fucking Monckton using the term when abusing respected climate change authorities whom he disagreed with.

And by the way, I don't waste my time going to websites devoted to climate change deniers. I don't need balance in the argument because most deniers are unbalanced in their views. I read books on the subject and work for an environmental agency, so I have all the education resources I need.

I find that immature: folks used to think the world was flat, I also remember some fellow getting into trouble suggesting that the earth orbits the sun, just so we are on the same page; I am saying global warming is cyclical NOT man made. OISM.org is not devoted to climate change deniers, this is the U of Oregon. Joe Bastardi, works for accuweather, check these opinions you might be enlightened. The EPA and the dept of ag in the usa are corrupt. have a nice day. I doubt you know it all on any subject especially greenhouse gasses.. It is a sad day when folks think they have every thing figured out, I am willing to admit my opinion on the subject could be incorrect, but good science says different. I am also surprised that Al gore and his ilk that are so worried about greenhouse gasses pollute more than the average and justify it by paying so called carbon credits, how fucking arrogant to think that after millions and millions of years that now in a hundred years man has done irreparable damage to the atmosphere.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:36 am 

What I think is arrogant is that the less than 3% of people who peddle their deliberate misinformative oil, coal and related industry funded views onto the population. It has nothing to do with Al Gore, and even equating him as an excuse to dismiss reliable and proven research from NOAA, NASA, EPA and National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) is nothing but partisan politics attempting to dilute reality.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:25 pm 

Blather on, you gotta better deal than coal& oil? Your pres ran on the Al Gore theme, why deny your stance you might be correct, I say no.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
you gotta better deal than coal& oil?

Yes. A world without people and their pathetic, greedy needs. I wanna go back to the stone age.

And Bravo, you trust your sources way too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:37 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Blather on, you gotta better deal than coal& oil? Your pres ran on the Al Gore theme, why deny your stance you might be correct, I say no.

Since you asked....Wind, water, solar and geo thermal are all better. I can provide links. How many do you need?

downer mydnyte wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am 

If wind, water, solar and geo thermal were all better , wouldn't we be using them more ??

Are they better economically ? NO.
Better maintenance wise ? No .
A better payback job wise ? No

We get more bang from our buck with petroleum and natural gases.

My question on the 97% of scientists that are in agreement ... What KIND of scientists are these people ?

2nd question .... Are they getting paid and , if so , by who ?

As was stated earlier , If I went to college and spent 200k to learn about the climate , only to find that there wasn't much work in that field , UNLESS , I could secure a grant that would study and secure a FAVORABLE result for the people funding my project , I would have wasted 200k .

Who is watching the watchers ??

Back to the original question..... HOW MUCH IS MAN TO BLAME ( or praise ) ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:20 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
you gotta better deal than coal& oil?

Yes. A world without people and their pathetic, greedy needs. I wanna go back to the stone age.

Great Afghanistan wants you; please go.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:26 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Do you ever leave South Dakota? You seem kind of sheltered. Afghanistan does NOT want me. Nobody in the business of brainwashing children wants me around. Fuck Afghanistan.

Actually, I think the only solution is for everybody to stop having children. They're only going to be exploited. Lazy rich fuckers want to con the poor into having kids so they can use them to do all the labor. Stop feeding the fire. Stop being selfish. Having kids who will grow up to work like slaves for greedy corporations that are destroying the quality of our lives is selfish and stupid.

Bravo, why do you even like Zappa? You're like an interloper. Stick with hick music.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:36 am 

pedro2 wrote:
If wind, water, solar and geo thermal were all better , wouldn't we be using them more ??

Are they better economically ? NO.
Better maintenance wise ? No .
A better payback job wise ? No

We get more bang from our buck with petroleum and natural gases.

My question on the 97% of scientists that are in agreement ... What KIND of scientists are these people ?

As was stated earlier , If I went to college and spent 200k to learn about the climate , only to find that there wasn't much work in that field , UNLESS , I could secure a grant that would study and secure a FAVORABLE result for the people funding my project , I would have wasted 200k .

Back to the original question..... HOW MUCH IS MAN TO BLAME ( or praise ) ?

In answer to the first question, "wouldn't we be using them more?", we would, but th massive resistance from the gas, coal and related industries has slowed down and or blocked the intruduction of competing industries and technologies that have been around for over a half of a century.

As far as the next three questions, "economically?", yes, it's cheaper to produce and use because of the virtually unlimited resources, which means less profit margin to the opposing industries. Also, many people with solar panels actually sell electricity back to the power companies. "Maintenance wise?", probably about the same, we won't know exactly because the primary industries have been blocking it for decades. "Job wise?", possibly the same, maybe more. It would create millions of manufacturing, installation and maintenance jobs as well as research jobs. When the gas, oil and coal resources dry up, and someday they will, more sooner than later, those jobs will dry up right with it, that is, if global warming hasn't already caused mass extinctions, which are already underway for some species.

How much is man to blame? 97% of scientists say entirely. Praise? There is no praising destructive greed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:39 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:

Do you ever leave South Dakota? You seem kind of sheltered. Afghanistan does NOT want me. Nobody in the business of brainwashing children wants me around. Fuck Afghanistan.

Actually, I think the only solution is for everybody to stop having children. They're only going to be exploited. Lazy rich fuckers want to con the poor into having kids so they can use them to do all the labor. Stop feeding the fire. Stop being selfish. Having kids who will grow up to work like slaves for greedy corporations that are destroying the quality of our lives is selfish and stupid.

Bravo, why do you even like Zappa? You're like an interloper. Stick with hick music.

Define Hick music. You are a psycho, you said you want to go back to the stone age, Afghanistan is close. A friend of mine plays keyboards with the Brubeck brothers, I like them are they hick music... As for sheltered no , I am old been shot at back in the 60's and shot people back in the 60's, grew up in western PA., done a lot of things, mostly try to stay away from people like you. What solution are you looking for , you need to find a solution for that case of rectal sightis that you have.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:01 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I am old been shot at back in the 60's and shot people back in the 60's

Because of someone else's politics, no doubt.

Stone age was a joke.
Hick was a joke.
I like to laugh. At you. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:49 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
pedro2 wrote:

In answer to the first question, "wouldn't we be using them more?", we would, but th massive resistance from the gas, coal and related industries has slowed down and or blocked the intruduction of competing industries and technologies that have been around for over a half of a century.

As far as the next three questions, "economically?", yes, it's cheaper to produce and use because of the virtually unlimited resources, which means less profit margin to the opposing industries. Also, many people with solar panels actually sell electricity back to the power companies. "Maintenance wise?", probably about the same, we won't know exactly because the primary industries have been blocking it for decades. "Job wise?", possibly the same, maybe more. It would create millions of manufacturing, installation and maintenance jobs as well as research jobs. When the gas, oil and coal resources dry up, and someday they will, more sooner than later, those jobs will dry up right with it, that is, if global warming hasn't already caused mass extinctions, which are already underway for some species.

How much is man to blame? 97% of scientists say entirely. Praise? There is no praising destructive greed.

Thanks for the answer , Spacebro , I'm sure you're ' probably ' right. :roll:

What about the 2nd question?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:30 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I am old been shot at back in the 60's and shot people back in the 60's

Because of someone else's politics, no doubt.

Stone age was a joke.
Hick was a joke.
I like to laugh. At you. :twisted:

so you want to bully and argue ; but have no focus ;so your humor sucks,,,,,,,,ham and eggs walked into the bar.............take it away

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:46 pm 

Did I bully?
I was just dishing it back out at you. I respect you as my elder.

I'm pretty focused. There's a lot of ground to cover. The issues are very complex.

Ham and eggs walked into a bar and said, "green house emissions do not lead to global warming".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 pm 

the bartender said you guys have to leave We don't serve breakfast here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:06 pm 

Ok, that's kind of funny...

Guy walks into a bar with a 12 inch pianist...

Miasma!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 am 

and.........................................

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next