Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 pm 

It's light out with some clouds floating by and I suspect it will get dark later on in the evening.

Then it's Boom Boom out ...and y'all know the rest.

Not necessarily stoned but beautiful...here in the middle of CA land where the freaks meet the farmers. It's somewhere in the 70's, why I'd say it's very close to hot. The wind chill factor makes it bearable though, still almost hot to me. Cuz' I'm hot blooded check it and see...I'm playin' Hot Rats!, at a hundred and three... RPM's.

It's all good, back to you Mr. NG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:43 pm 

north queensland is not as good i hear.
TT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:52 pm 

deuce wrote:
north queensland is not as good i hear.
TT

Let's Move To Cleveland then? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 am 

The Queensland Storm was rough, but not as rough as predicted, mostly blew itself out before making landfall

Wellington
Rain
Now: 14°C
Max: 17°C
Min: 10°C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:57 pm 

June warmest on record

June this year was the warmest on record at Niwa's (the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research) most important measuring sites.

New Zealand's Seven Station Series recorded the warmest June on record, with an average of 10.3 degrees Celsius.

That series was derived from seven locations: Auckland, Masterton, Wellington, Hokitika, Nelson, Lincoln near Christchurch and Dunedin.

The month had been "exceptionally warm" with just about all of New Zealand reporting temperatures in the above normal, or well above normal range, Niwa said.

Above normal temperatures are 0.51C to 1.20C above average, well above normal is more than 1.20C above average.

"Perhaps most impressive is how wide-reaching and sustained the warmth was during June," Niwa said.

The Seven Stations average surpassed the previous record for warmest June, 2003.

There have now been nine Junes since 1909 where the departure from average has been greater than 1.0C.

Of those nine instances, five have been since the year 2000 and eight since 1970.

"Dozens" of climate stations placed in the top four for the warmest June ever recorded, Niwa said.

A persistent lack of southerlies had a profound impact on the monthly temperatures. Only one climate station in Middlemarch experienced a June mean temperature that was not either above average or well above average, Niwa said.

June weather highlights:

• The highest temperature was 22.2C, observed at Waione in Hawke's Bay on June 8.

• The lowest temperature was -7.4C, observed at Hanmer Forest in North Canterbury on June 1.

• The highest one-day rainfall was 137 millimetres, recorded at Te Puke in the western Bay of Plenty on June 11.

• The highest wind gust was 161 kmh, at Cape Turnagain on June 21.

• Of the six main centres, Dunedin was the driest and cloudiest, Auckland was the sunniest and warmest, Tauranga the wettest, and Christchurch the coolest.

• Of the available, regularly reporting sunshine observation sites, the sunniest four centres so far in 2014 (January to June) are: Whakatane (1392 hours), Tauranga (1261 hours), Auckland – Albany (1214 hours) and Takaka (1207 hours).

A persistent lack of southerlies had a profound impact on the monthly temperatures. Only one climate station (Middlemarch) experienced a June mean temperature that was not either above average or well above average, Niwa said.

"Perhaps most impressive is how wide reaching and sustained the warmth was during June," Niwa said.

The Seven Stations average surpassed the previous record for warmest June - in 2003.

There have now been nine Junes since 1909 where the departure from average has been greater than 1.0C.

Of those nine instances, five have been since the year 2000 and eight since the 1970.
- Stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:44 pm 

It's the usual perfect in SoCal. 8)

Yes, I'm goin' to the love-in to sit & play
my bongos in the dirt.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:23 pm 

No forest fires and no drought. Breezy enough for wind chimes.

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:49 pm 

It's raining
Snow down to 200 Metres
Max: 10°C
Min: 5°C

Brrrrrrrr :smurf:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:04 pm 

Its getting warm in LA so by the time I gat back to Nor Cal tomorrow it should be hot, hot, hot... :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 784 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32