Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xenophobic Arizona?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:39 am 

leave ya to discuss who gives the most captivating thought to that glam.gif

..I know, my ideas, no matter how sparkling, never failed to leave progressive rockers completely cold. Their bandwits consisted always of "Ey, the stream is down" and, "Play this, you louts." all of even their mind or what they think is present of spirit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:53 am 

jan wrote:
Quote : Another thought; What the hell do you think the Mexican government does when they find an illeagle american in their country?

Ha..ha.
Stuff him with dope and send him back accross the border.
Naturally.

Funny, but the answer is you will be locked up and lucky if you are deported in less than 5 years ! The bill in az. is not the best but sanctuary cities and states don't work, hopefully this bill will bring the problem to a head !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:01 am 

Quote : Funny, but the answer is you will be locked up and lucky if you are deported in less than 5 years !

If that's true..why does your Obaba not the same with the Mex immigrants?
Might be a way to back them off.
Right?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:22 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
...turning illegal immigrants into criminals just because they lack their papers is a huge step...
just plain doug wrote:
Illegal immigrants ARE criminals. That's what illegal means.

A rope leash wrote:
They are not coming across the border because someone isn't hiring them. Arrest the business owners that hire the illegals, and illegal immigration will cease to be a problem. You can't blame desperate people for doing what you might do if you were in their shoes.
just plain doug wrote:
Arresting/charging the people who hire illegals is part of the new bill.

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
...The US didn't seem to follow the rules and used the proper channels before invading Iraq...I wish the US had respected the Iraq and Afghan borders too... What is the most serious crime?
just plain doug wrote:
Off topic. No-one is sneaking into Iraq, or Afganistan, to live there. Also...two wrongs don't make a right (and agree, or disagree with the the immigration laws, they ARE laws). If I steal a shovel from someone in your city, does that make it alright for you to steal something of mine?

well said, doug.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:51 am 

I think most Mexicans that are in the USA are hard working and our economy needs them as much as they need the jobs that are here. What are some good ideas solve the problem? No matter what the USA borders need to be secure first.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:12 am 

Nasa has brought the wrong man to the moon.

As for solutions, what about an inflation of the planet then?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
...turning illegal immigrants into criminals just because they lack their papers is a huge step...
just plain doug wrote:
Illegal immigrants ARE criminals. That's what illegal means.

A rope leash wrote:
They are not coming across the border because someone isn't hiring them. Arrest the business owners that hire the illegals, and illegal immigration will cease to be a problem. You can't blame desperate people for doing what you might do if you were in their shoes.
just plain doug wrote:
Arresting/charging the people who hire illegals is part of the new bill.

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
...The US didn't seem to follow the rules and used the proper channels before invading Iraq...I wish the US had respected the Iraq and Afghan borders too... What is the most serious crime?
just plain doug wrote:
Off topic. No-one is sneaking into Iraq, or Afganistan, to live there. Also...two wrongs don't make a right (and agree, or disagree with the the immigration laws, they ARE laws). If I steal a shovel from someone in your city, does that make it alright for you to steal something of mine?

well said, doug.

Well, since I am off topic:

Mikey wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
you're not doing your job! :evil:

Don't tell me how to do my job.

Mikey
zappa.com

Very well said Mikey. Best forum reprehension since Isaac 8)

I will refrain from posting Lumpy's coward-yellow retreat after that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:57 pm 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Well, since I am off topic:
Mikey wrote:
Lumpy Gravy wrote:
you're not doing your job! :evil:

Don't tell me how to do my job.
Mikey
zappa.com

Very well said Mikey. Best forum reprehension since Isaac 8)
I will refrain from posting Lumpy's coward-yellow retreat after that.

wow, you're really desperate, green genes.
you've been waiting for three months to get back at me for that post...? :mrgreen:
anyway; if anyone cares; here's my apology to mikey:
lumpy gravy wrote:
sorry if I offended you, mikey. it wasn't my intention. I was just getting so impatient with this charlessanchez-idiot...
and I didn't realize that you, as admin, actually have to log in to see that we have flagged/reported spammers.
I thought that a site admin would maybe get some kind of e-mail alert when that happens.

anyway; thanks! 8)

reply posted on purpose in small type-size, because this outburst by mr. green genes does not really belong in this thread at all...
so, please go on with the topic at hand...

Post subject: re: xenophobic montana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm 

ratio of [hate groups : state population]
dc [1: 67,000]
montana [1: 81,000]
mississippi [1: 118,000]
arkansas [1: 120,000]
s.carolina [1: 127,000]
wyoming [1: 136,000]

arizona ranks 31st [1:412,236]

[hate groups] per state:
texas [66]
california [60]
florida [51]
new jersey [44]
tennessee [37]
well you been to alabama [32] girl, & georgia [37] too
s. carolina [36]

arizona [16] rank: tied for 24th place

source: splc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:45 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

spic?...You racist!! You should have used a capital "s"!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:30 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

a box of goodness

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:32 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

I hear some people marry American citizens and make them not Americans anymore.

How utterly heinous.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:21 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

I hear some people marry American citizens and make them not Americans anymore.

How utterly heinous.

It's a humanitarian mission. Have you heard violence is so widespread in Chicago, that the National Guard is being deployed? I've done my part to save an American citizen. Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:24 pm 

I'm glad to see that Arizona is making an effort to get rid of all those damn illegals from Canada...the place was starting to look like a Maple Leef!... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 pm 

I hear they have a Hockey team. The Coyotes? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:10 am 

(Cesar Millan and his wife)

(Cesar and "Daddy")

You know with the corporate media whipping up hatred in the general consensus I can only say thank God for the Dog Whisperer, at least there is something on TV that shows there is value in these people.

One can only wonder if CNN could drum up all this hatred if all the Americans had secure jobs with pensions, medical, and a secure future, (as we used to in the days before NAFTA and the WTO).

It's very unfortunate because really, it's the war of the rich on the poor, same as it's always been, and while the super rich become the hyper-rich off of labor arbetrage, they sit back and laugh as they watch the poor be turned against the poor and fighting each other...safe in the knowledge that as long as we're fighting with each other, we'll be distracted and won't be fighting them.

Waste our energy, that's the ticket.

I think about the southwestern states, who are these people...well, before it was arizona and New MEXICO(what's in a name), it WAS part of Mexico, indigenous people with farms and family ties thicker than borders for generations. I love people from other cultures, too bad we don't celebrate that more, instead of allowing the TV to turn the general consensus against them.

With regards to Mexico specifically, us rrrrregular folk on both sides of the line have been attacked by elite corporations looking for cheaper labor so it's more money for themselves...upsetting their economy and ours both...driving them from their farms and driving us out of work(we've lost millions of jobs to Mexico...and it wasn't because corporations wanted to raise their standard of living by driving millions of them off their farms and offering shit wages so they can't even afford to buy what they're making...of course they're coming across the border to their old native homeland, LOOKING FOR A WAY TO GET FOOD...what would any of us do for food?

What would you do to get food?

Plenty of blame to spread around from the bought off in congress and presidents, to the hate mongering media...what ever happened to "we won't get fooled again?"

...Who took your job and drove 8 million Mexicans here?...here ya go, here's one fuckin' enemy, arguably the biggest when it comes to outsourcing and labor arbetrage...thank the man:

We're losing our fucking shirts and giving it all to the rich, don't let them get you to blame your fellow NAFTA victims.

Course I'm only one voice against a media controlling the thoughts of millions...so yeah, if I can't change the world, maybe I can put a bug in a few people's ears..that maybe my potato hasn't been bakin too long, maybe the other poor people arent our enemy, maybe it's those who have ripped us all off out of our jobs, our medical, our Social Security savings, and our safe future...

We need to get our shit together, or we will SURELY lose it all...that is our trajectory this way.

As soon as someone says "maybe there's someting to this," they'll notice a plethora of info about it on the web...I'll leave this off with a few quotes:

Americans Are Mostly Blind to Mexican Workers' Plight.
Will Ariz. Law Trigger Change?

SOURCE

First, the fact remains that U.S. elites are still unwilling to recognize the utter catastrophe that NAFTA has represented for working people on both sides of the border. In particular, they are seemingly unconcerned about repairing the social and economic damage caused to Mexico by NAFTA.

Second, demagogues like Patrick Buchanan and Lou Dobbs, while accurately depicting the devastation caused on the U.S. side of the border to discarded workers and abandoned industrial communites by corporations seeking low-wage labor, have helped to blind many Americans to the suffering on the Mexican side, which has fueled immigration.

While Buchanan and Dobbs issued comparatively mild criticism of Corporate America, their incessant demonization of Mexican immigrants for stealing American jobs and allegedly committing a host of other evils has taken root among wide sectors of white America.

thanks to the likes of Buchanan and Dobbs, many Americans citizens seem inclined to view Mexican immirants as competitors for scarce jobs rather than fellow victims of transnational corporations.

...[BEFORE NAFTA]There were 2.5 million Mexican illegal immigrants in the U.S. in 1995; roughly 8 million have crossed the border since then[Yes, THERE IS A CONNECTION]. In 2005, some 400 desperate Mexicans died trying to enter the U.S.

[baddy's note: NAFTA went in in 1994 (actually 12/1993), the subsequent surge to the US after 1995 clearly shows the direct impact of NAFTA....our politicans and multinational corporations have driven them here at the same time taken us out of work...we need to fight the bastards that are hurting us, not our fellow victims. If we con't collectively realize this and take action, then we will continue to lose everything until we're in the third world...that will be the result if we let the TV control us...there can of course be no other outcome.]

Globalization vs. Democracy
Are U.S. Victims Ready to Strike Back?

[url]SOURCE[/url]

"However, the three-decade triumph of corporate globalization over democracy may now be facing its most broadly-based and deeply-felt challenge in the U.S. The combination of falling wages, shrinking benefits, rising insecurity about both work and retirement, and the incessant flow of family-supporting jobs to China and Mexico have ignited a grass-roots rebellion...

Globalization's chief impresario, author and New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman, has claimed that if nations want to become competitive and attain prosperity, it means donning what he cheerfully calls the "golden straitjacket," that is accepting a regime of low wages, privatization, and deregulation...

In Mexico a similar process of polarization has occurred. Wages have fallen at least 25 percent, according to a Carnegie Endowment study. Low wages in Mexico (typically 60 cents to $1 an hour in U.S.-owned maquiladora plants) have exerted a strong allure to U.S. corporations, with over one million jobs lost since NAFTA's enactment, according to the Economic Policy Institute. At the same time, the removal of protections for Mexico's agricultural and retail industries, accompanied by the aggressive entry of U.S.-subsidized agribusiness products, has driven some 1.5 to 2 million farmers off the land. While low-wage employment in maquiladora plants along the border mushroomed after NAFTA's enactment, Mexico is now being increasingly bypassed in favor of even more repressive and lower-waged China...

...opposition is not new, it has just reached a critical mass that can no longer be ignored. For example, NAFTA was opposed by 64 percent of Americans, but was promoted by the full weight of the Clinton administration, corporate America, Mexico, and virtually all of mainstream media.

...Obama and Hillary Clinton engaged in an escalating battle as to who could come out tougher against NAFTA, other trade agreements, and the transfer of jobs to low-wage foreign sites. Exit polls showed four of five voters in Ohio's Democratic primary believed trade deals with other countries took jobs away from their state. Both Obama and Clinton wound up advocating a re-negotiation of NAFTA—although this resulted in news reports that both Obama and Clinton staffers sent reassuring messages to the Canadian government that these comments were to be viewed only as campaign rhetoric.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:22 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
It's a humanitarian mission. Have you heard violence is so widespread in Chicago, that the National Guard is being deployed? I've done my part to save an American citizen. Have you?

Maybe we don't want help, Canuck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:25 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Fine. Then, you'll just be the first up against the wall, when the revolution comes, cholo!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Fine. Then, you'll just be the first up against the wall, when the revolution comes, cholo!

Que?

(I'm practicing)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Que?

(I'm practicing)

That was pretty good Cal. You gotta make sure you have a real dumb look on your face when you say it also.

Que? :|

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:47 pm 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Que?

(I'm practicing)

That was pretty good Cal. You gotta make sure you have a real dumb look on your face when you say it also.

Que? :|

Post your picture and I'll practice, haha, lol, m i rite?

Post subject: Re: xenophobic maryland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
It's a humanitarian mission. I've done my part to save an American citizen. Have you?
I have. but, for me it was the other way around. I came here (to the usa) to save her.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:39 pm 

Whatever the answer is, I don't think it should include giving the police unfettered power to single people out based on race. Does anyone really believe the police will NOT abuse their power under this bill? The cops are probably chomping at the bit on this one, if the overall local sentiment is indicative of anything. Sheriff Joe is probably creaming his jeans.

I've spent a lot of time in southern AZ, and I think the overall feeling there about Mexican people who come into southern AZ is that they are sub-human scum. And these same complainers exist financially by hiring them.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 am 

I disagree, and your description of Sheriff joe is way off base. Tell me how you would handle the huge number of people over crowding the maricopa county jail system. Joe would like nothing more than to have FEWER inmates, sheeesh, do your home work!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 am 

There are a lot of people who get their property destroyed on a nightly basis not to mention their houses robbed and all kinds of other things. Oh wait stuff that happened 150 years ago by people who are long dead makes it ok to do that. Sorry my mistake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next