Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 108  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I don't think many here think that a rope leash is a homophobe - I certainly don't at least.
The point about trustworthiness of government sources and indeed of many media outlets is a valid one. However, don't unofficial sources share exactly the same problem? An unofficial source, if motivated by a personal agenda can surely be just as distorting and, sometimes, even more so surely- particularly if one individual becomes obsessive? This does not have to be the case, but I think it can and does occur.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
a rope homophobes commentary, "dick loving" is self-explanatory. The negative connotation is that a male loving a dick in the context as he used is as homophobic as it gets. It's no different than a white guy calling a black guy "nigger", then claiming it wasn't used in a racist context. Pure bullshit. I'm never going to let him live that one down. He owns it.

...and as if that wasn't self-explanatory enough, a delusional paranoid rope homophobe also included this doozy in his most recent post...

a rope homophobe wrote:
...it only means you don't mind taking it up the ass...
:roll:

"Dick loving" and "taking it up the ass"? There's nothing homophobic about that. :roll: ...though it could be a Freudian slip on his own behalf. Either way, there's no need for me to further dissect his last post, as he lost me with his gay bashing commentary. He equates his fear and hatred of our country and government to that of "dick loving" and "taking it up the ass". Obviously a pure blooded homophobe.

meanwhile...and speaking of self-explanatory racist homophobes...

Google Ron Paul Randy Gray
Image

Google Ron Paul Don Black
Image


Ron Paul wrote:
"You could buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost?"



I predict that a delusional paranoid rope homophobe's pal Disco Douche will continue to avoid the question...

What specific social policies, votes and platforms of Ron Paul, Rand Paul and the Libertarian party attracts white supremacist groups, terrorist militia groups and kooky conspiracy theorists?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3564
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
He has - you haven't.


Definitely not. Especially since Arkay has been wrong about a SHITLOAD of things but refuses to admit it. Just like yourself.

A rope leash wrote:
So now I'm a racist homophobe. Is there any wonder why I've gone nasty on you , SPACEBROTHER forum entity?

You obviously don't understand what I mean by "government dick". If you love the government dick, I suppose you could be considered "gay" for government, but exactly how that makes me a hater of gay people I'm not sure. You love the government dick. Does that make you gay? No, it only means you don't mind taking it up the ass so long as there's money on the dresser.

Follow the links? If you had been following mine, you wouldn't be asking me which studies prove my claims. Google is our friend, but information is bought and sold, (don't kid yourself), even if it is free. Your adherence and near fealty to government and corporate media sources gives me the creeps, to say the least, and your refusal to at least look outside of that box is tantamount to psychosis, as I see it.

Maybe you have split into several personalities, all bent on destroying a washed-up old Texas politician. This why I tend to see you as more than one person, possibly a government shill entity but I don't know what they would bother with an obscure rock star fan forum. So, call me paranoid, but this is how we stay alive. I do not have the absolute facts on the matters, but I can direct us to links that claim these kinds of operations exist. Since the SPACEBROTHER forum entity can "deduce" from my writings that I am a skinheaded toothless gay-hating hick with as swastika tattoed on my ass, then I am safe in preferring to think that the SPACEBROTHER forum entity is a propaganda tool used by government agencies to dispense disinformation and to stir up dissent and disgruntlement.

I don't know if it's true. I now I don't care. I know that the entity has a lot of time to spend fucking around on the forum beating dead horses. The entity seems to forget past discussions. The entity seems to have frequent changes is posting style, pick part quotes one time, idiotic photos the next, then maybe some "soft" paragraphs. What really nails it is the entity's reliance on government data, it's belief in government righteousness and honesty, and it's use of labels and defamation in defense of these.

I can make myself think almost anything is true when I do not have the information, or when the information I have cannot be personally vetted. I cannot make myself think that Ron or Rand are racists, because I've never heard or read anything from them that declares their belief that one race is superior to another. This is not their policy or platform, and what goes on inside their own minds is their own personal business, and claiming someone is something they are not is called slander when it demeans the victim.

It has always boiled down to which information is trusted. I do not trust information from sources that insist that buildings fall down at the speed of gravity because they were hit in the side by airliners. If the SPACEBROTHER forum entity really wanted to challenge this assumption it could...but it does not wish to go there, does it? Better to write it all off as "whacko", because that's the policy of folks who have a vested interest in hiding the truth.


Holy fucking shit. Now THAT was worth waiting for.

Thank you.


Let's recap the other activity in this thread today:

tweedle-dee is trying to outwit someone - who that is I have no idea? But if he actually put in the same amount (or more) of time constructing a convincing argument to the contrary in order to prove his points, instead of doing the opposite by throwing lies, misquotes, misinterpretations and baseless accusations at the things and people he doesn't agree with, not to mention creating arithmetic equations that seeming he only thinks he understands, he just might get somewhere...

tweedle-dumb STILL thinks I'm avoiding his questions, when in fact I've already answered them countless times...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2281
Premise:
Billions of humans have no purpose other than to be exploited (used) by other humans whose only purpose is to feel pleasure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
...and yet again, Disco Douche is still avoiding the question, despite his claims that he did. Another "Ron Paul is guaranteed 10 million votes in the primaries" and "Ayn Rands books are the all time best sellers ever" moment.

Google Ron Paul Randy Gray
Image

Google Ron Paul Don Black
Image


Ron Paul wrote:
"You could buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost?"



What specific social policies, votes and platforms of Ron Paul, Rand Paul and the Libertarian party attracts white supremacist groups, terrorist militia groups and kooky conspiracy theorists?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2281
Let's expose Nixon next. And the evils of J Edgar Hoover.

Reading a Spacebrother post it always feels like somebody interesting just logged off.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Let's recap the other activity in this thread today:

tweedle-dee is trying to outwit someone - who that is I have no idea? But if he actually put in the same amount (or more) of time constructing a convincing argument to the contrary in order to prove his points, instead of doing the opposite by throwing lies, misquotes, misinterpretations and baseless accusations at the things and people he doesn't agree with, not to mention creating arithmetic equations that seeming he only thinks he understands, he just might get somewhere...


Why was I not surprised that DB's answer began with the words: "Let's recap the other activity in this thread today."? Could it be that you might have started a post in a similar fashion more than once recently?
The content of the rest of the post is also par for the course, basically "h) a couple of mindless, unamusing insults" and "l) the accusation that you have misquoted or misinterpreted him."

Do you mean "seemingly" in the following: "not to mention creating arithmetic equations that seeming he only thinks he understands"? If so, you're missing the point again. The "arithmetic" is purely for fun DB. Something which Arkay seems to have understood rather quicker than you. Fun and learning from others being the reason I post here, rather than intending to outwit someone.
I can't say I'm learning very much from you at the moment, as you appear to be stuck in an endless loop.

In fact, SPACEBROTHER appears to be in a similar loop in his discourse with you, with his "simple question" at the moment. If nobody else posted here you could both spend the rest of eternity, with SPACEBROTHER copying and pasting his "simple question" and you copying and pasting that you have already answered it, along with a couple of mindless and unamusing insults.
As long as your "endless loops" continue, it's unlikely that any rational discourse between you and, I believe, most people here is possible.

BTW, the words: "But if he actually put in the same amount (or more) of time constructing a convincing argument to the contrary in order to prove his points" sound as though you are suggesting I should spend my time posting "points" in which I knowingly contradict myself; I assume you did not mean this. If you remember, when our little "discussion" about Farage started a few pages back, I was the one originally making the (I think well-founded) claims, you were the one who was attempting to construct a "convincing argument to the contrary".

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
You can't really ever change someones' mind for them. You can rearrange their thought processes with an aluminum baseball bat but the change has to come from within. To paraphrase/plagarise Les Claypool a little...

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Not unlike other instances when debating Disco Douche, like clockwork, will get himself into a posting loop every time he is proven to be wrong or whenever he simply doesn't like the information presented. Heck, Ron Paul himself could grab Disco Douche by the shirt and tell him to his face that he hates black people, and the Douche Boy would still deny it. There could be valid arguments made specifically about Ron Paul's actions and statements regarding many issues, but none of that matters when the guy says in his own words...

"You could buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost?" ~ Ron Paul during a pro-Confederacy convention that he spoke at.

...there is absolutely no amount of denial from his fans and supporters that will ever make his newsletters, photo-ops with known white supremacists, video of him bashing Lincoln and the Union for freeing the slaves, or the fact that he and his son have a habit of hiring known racists as political consultants or even his/their record go away.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then these two doozies are certainly worth 87 pages of them...

Google Ron Paul Randy Gray
Image

Google Ron Paul Don Black
Image


Much like this thread, Ron Paul and his sons racist past are never going away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Sam I Am wrote:
You can't really ever change someones' mind for them. You can rearrange their thought processes with an aluminum baseball bat but the change has to come from within. To paraphrase/plagarise Les Claypool a little...


But hope springs infernal as they say.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3115
Location: Between the Badges
I'm reminded of a David Byrne quote, something like "you can't change someone else's mind, but you can maybe change how they think". Some people believe that it can be worthwhile to try to change someone else's mind. Google told me that Deepak Chopra has some rules for doing so:

1. Be sincere and truthful. Don't be manipulative.

2. Appeal to what someone else already believes. Don't impose your own belief system.

3. Be aware of the other person's blind spots. Don't assume they are open-minded.

4. In general, persuade through reason, not emotion. Don't assume that emotions aren't in play, however.

5. Make the other person feel right. Don't make them feel wrong.


Just reading these rules reminds me of the futility of discussing anything with DB. He may be sincere, but he doesn't respond to the same. He is just as much a crying baby with sincerity as he is with sarcasm. No matter how well you present your side of the argument, he will never capitulate to a view provided against one of his own. He can't even admit that his accidental phrase "Chalk Full" is nonsense. If fact, he is currently pretending that it is ironic that he pretended it was an error, thus implying that the phrase makes sense. How nonsensical can you get? The only way to appeal to his beliefs are to subscribe to them. Even then, he will qualify your agreement. He loves to talk about other people's blind spots and pretend that he has none. He's horrible with reasons, reasoning, proof. It doesn't matter if you provide emotion, proof, logic, rational questions, it doesn't matter since he is so bad at understanding other people's reason and just as bad at ever providing proof for his "points".

As for SB, yes he can have similar annoyances or incongruities as DB does, but I find him honest in that. He also doesn't run away from his own words the way DB does. He may use silly pictures and too many links, but they tend to back up an opinion, which is something DB has no ability to do. SB is actually on topic, constantly talking about RP. DB mostly talks about his pretend "points" when not insulting people.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:

SB is actually on topic, constantly talking about RP. DB mostly talks about his pretend "points" when not insulting people.


Those are fair arguments (as indeed, is most of what you say). I just think it might be a good idea if SPACEBROTHER got away from his "simple question" and pose some different ones instead. Also I've seen the pictures with Paul and the racists quite a number of times already. I understand the point. Perhaps DB needs to see the pictures again, but do we need to see the pictures again?

On a different note, did you notice how often, when Disco Boy wishes to make a blanket condemnation of somebody else's "wrongness", without providing any concrete proof, he uses the word "SHITLOAD" as in
Disco Boy wrote:
Arkay has been wrong about a SHITLOAD of things but refuses to admit it. Just like yourself.
.

He's done it 19 times altogether. I think he uses it as a kind of "Get out of jail for free card".

He has also referred to other peoples' "HUGE character flaw[s]" 7 times in the last six months.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
Everyone just needs to eat a Snickers. Unless they have the diabeetus.

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3115
Location: Between the Badges
Hahaha, just not those Snickers dessert things... too salty.

"Shitload" only 19 times. Seems like it should be more... a Shitload more. It is such a convenient term because it tells the reader that it is such a large amount that it doesn't need proof! No reference needed! Everyone assume that its, ya know, a Shitload!

Oh, and I think Wilfred uses 2 d's in diabeedus.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
Well, I searched the Google and apparently...
Image

I'm not gonna question the Brimley. :mrgreen:

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2281
Zappa has alluded to it. The endless repetition of a corrupt message is exactly what the evil fuckers do.
DB and SB are both using that same tactic. It's pretty vile on a Zappa forum. Please keep making fun of both of them! Fight the word virus on Zappa forum. I will too.....

Sam, it's good to have you back.


______________
Don't take any guff off those swine! -Hunter S Thompson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3564
Location: Vancouver, BC
ANYONE that knows me, knows that I'm perfectly capable of admitting being incorrect IF I indeed am. But it just so happens, I'm correct about what I state about 95% of the time and provide more than enough evidence and/or proof backing that up. But whenever we're discussing these things, there are certain posters here that just can't stand being wrong, especially when I clearly show them why they're wrong and they have next to NOTHING to back their shit up. So, naturally, ALL they can is throw ad hominems at me. It's very cowardly. But hey, that's how many posters here really are.

Let's recap the activity in this thread today:

If tweedle-dee AND Arkay actually put in the same amount (or more) of time constructing a convincing argument to the contrary in order to prove their points (and ROTFLMFAO at tweedle-dee for even THINKING he's remotely come close to proving that Nigel Farage is a racist, as well as Arkay for constantly criticizing my arguments, while he NEVER provides a worthwhile argument to the contrary), instead of doing the opposite by throwing lies, misquotes, misinterpretations and baseless accusations at the things and people they don't agree with, not to mention, not understanding my humour in response to their supposed humour, they just might get somewhere.

tweedle-dumb STILL thinks I'm avoiding his questions, when in fact I've already answered them countless times...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2281
downer mydnyte wrote:
endless repetition of a corrupt message is exactly what the evil fuckers do.






___________
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat
Adrien Belew~ Indiscipline


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:19 am
Posts: 5293
Location: CT coast, USA
Sam I Am wrote:
You can't really ever change someones' mind for them. You can rearrange their thought processes with an aluminum baseball bat but the change has to come from within.

That's what I'm gonna do tomorrow, I'm bringin' my bat to work :D

_________________
Lesser-evilism is war.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Is pointing out the fact that someone has used the term "ad hominem" 31 times since September 2013 an ad hominem?

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
The original intent I had for this thread was to serve 3 purposes. One, to give balance to what at the time was a one-sided view point on this forum as a response to similarly named thread about Obama. The second purpose was to stimulate conversation about the character flaws of Ron Paul and the third unintentionally was (and still is) to point out that Ron Paul supporters are incapable of admitting that their hero has said flaws, despite his well documented history. Now it's more or less a means to ridicule DB (and more recently, his biggest fan, arl) and his (their) inability to accept the facts, no matter how conclusively it's been proven and re-proven.


Quote:
Ron Paul's Friends -- in Black and White

Well, don't say we didn't warn you about Ron Paul's friends.

Here's American National Socialist Workers Party leader Bill White, coming out big for Paul on the far-right Vanguard News Network site on December 20:

Comrades:

I have kept quiet about the Ron Paul campaign for a while, because I didn't see any need to say anything that would cause any trouble. However, reading the latest release from his campaign spokesman, I am compelled to tell the truth about Ron Paul's extensive involvement in white nationalism.

Both Congressman Paul and his aides regularly meet with members of the Stormfront set, American Renaissance, the Institute for Historic Review, and others at the Tara Thai restaurant in Arlington, Virginia, usually on Wednesdays. This is part of a dinner that was originally organized by Pat Buchanan, Sam Francis and Joe Sobran, and has since been mostly taken over by the Council of Conservative Citizens.

I have attended these dinners, seen Paul and his aides there, and been invited to his offices in Washington to discuss policy.

For his spokesman to call white racialism a "small ideology" and claim white activists are "wasting their money" trying to influence Paul is ridiculous. Paul is a white nationalist of the Stormfront type who has always kept his racial views and his views about world Judaism quiet because of his political position.

I don't know that it is necessarily good for Paul to "expose" this. However, he really is someone with extensive ties to white nationalism and for him to deny that in the belief he will be more respectable by denying it is outrageous -- and I hate seeing people in the press who denounce racialism merely because they think it is not fashionable.

Bill White, Commander
American National Socialist Workers Party


Obviously, this isn't what Paul's supporters want to hear. (The reactions from the VNN commentors ranged from "Some one ban this piece of shit for the no outing rule" to "I know alot of white supremacist involved in the Ron Paul campaign. I wish he would not shun away from his true supporters. I will stick with him till the ened but he shouldn't act like a typical politiician" to "This motherfucker needs a special bullet." Yes, the unique spelling is all their very own; follow the link above and read the threads for more holiday joy in this vein.) While White is hardly the most reliable reporter on any subject, his testament to Paul's racist credentials does tend to corroborate what Dave and I have been telling you all along: Paul's got longstanding connections to the looniest loonies on the loony right. You may not be able to hear the dog-whistle code in his speeches, but they sure as hell hear it loud and clear.

We've also been telling you that it's not just that Paul shows up for their events: he also takes their money. There's an old saying in politics that ya gotta dance with them what brung ya -- and guys like Bill White are the ones that brung Paul to Congress in the first place. On December 19, the day before White's helpful VNN endoresment, the AP caught Paul in mid-tango, this time with Stormfront.org founder Don Black:

Paul keeps donation from white supremacist
Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul has received a $500 campaign donation from a white supremacist, and the Texas congressman doesn't plan to return it, an aide said Wednesday.

Don Black, of West Palm Beach, recently made the donation, according to campaign filings. He runs a Web site called Stormfront with the motto, "White Pride World Wide." The site welcomes postings to the "Stormfront White Nationalist Community."

"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

Black said he supports Paul's stance on ending the war in Iraq, securing U.S. borders and his opposition to amnesty for illegal immigrants.

"We know that he's not a white nationalist. He says he isn't and we believe him, but on the issues, there's only one choice," Black said Wednesday. "We like his stand on tight borders and opposition to a police state," Black told The Palm Beach Post earlier.

On his Web site, Black says he has been involved in "the White patriot movement for 30 years."


Evidently, when it comes to Paul's status as a white nationalist, Mr. Black and Mr. White need to get their stories straight. But anyone on the right who continues to deny that Paul has maintained long, significant, and productive relationships with racists and anti-democratic "patriots" is, at this point, living in a denial zone worthy of Donald Rumsfeld.

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/12/ro ... white.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3115
Location: Between the Badges
More insincere allusions to your hypothetical "points" DB? CHALK FULL o' Nuthin'.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3115
Location: Between the Badges
downer mydnyte wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
endless repetition of a corrupt message is exactly what the evil fuckers do.






___________
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat myself when under stress
I repeat
Adrien Belew~ Indiscipline

Should be nominated for an award. Not only because it is so on point, but because it keeps cracking me up! Your 2nd post. The first one was good, the second one was great! :)

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4812
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
ANYONE that knows me, knows that I'm perfectly capable of admitting being incorrect IF I indeed am. But it just so happens, I'm correct about what I state about 95% of the time and provide more than enough evidence and/or proof backing that up.


It's nice to know that you have such a modest view of your own talents.

However, please provide EXACT evidence and/or proof for your statement as:

a) I know you from this forum and entirely disagree that you have ever seriously admitted you are wrong on anything e.g. (one example from a long list): Great Britain does not really belong to the continent of Europe but Ireland does. I am ANYONE and thus your statement about admitting that you are incorrect when you are is totally invalid.

b) Your statistics on your "rightness" are not empirically correct IMO.

c) Your "evidence" tends to consist of blanket denials e.g. one cannot trust "extreme left wing news sources" like "the Guardian" or "the Daily Telegraph".
In the case of the former, I presume that means we should now disbelieve everything Edward Snowden told them when they were the news source that broke most of his statements in the NSA scandal.
In the case of the latter, their endorsement of Farage in inviting him 'round to their offices prior to the LBC interview I quoted above for drinks and a meet and greet session and a general endorsement of UKIP lead me to believe that when they quote UKIP, they're probably quoting them in the best possible light.
Such blanket denials, unsupported by any outside evidence, are one of the reasons why very few people take you seriously and why I see little point in any further discussion of the topic of UKIP.

Even if I were wrong on c) (which I'm not), the fact that a) is without a doubt true (33.33 recurring %), means that 66.66 recurring % of this paragraph alone is incorrect, as b) (33.33 recurring %) is also, as a consequence, incorrect.
As c) concerns my "opinion", let us assume that you are 50% of 33.33 recurring % correct. Thus, if this paragraph is representative, you are wrong to say that you are correct 95% of the time. Rather, this makes you correct in 16.66 recurring % of cases.

Or perhaps this paragraph is all just part of the 5% of the time that you are incorrect?

I also bet my mother's vagina that your next post will contain the words: "Let's recap the activity in this thread today", possibly with a minor variation.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3115
Location: Between the Badges
Excellent analysis Caputh. I'm sure your Mother is feeling confident about now. I'm wondering where this proof is:

Disco Boy wrote:
...But it just so happens, I'm correct about what I state about 95% of the time and provide more than enough evidence and/or proof backing that up...


Where is this PROOF that backs up his being correct about 95% of the time? Maybe it was on a timer and we missed it. Some kinda post that self-destructs so he could say something like "I posted PROOF, but you missed it, too bad." I do wonder what passes for PROOF in the mind of DB.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 108  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group