Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 112  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21261
Location: Somewhere in time
Disco Boy wrote:
Btw, it's THE best selling novel of all time. And its sales spike whenever there's a recession/depression...


Its not in my nature to kick a man when he’s down, I tried to avoid embarrassing you like this… but your constant challenges to prove your endless stream of hypothetical “Facts” as wrong, and the Fact that you would through this out there just proves your just selling this crap wholesale or making it up.

Although a pivotal book that has sold well, this is not even in the Top 100.

Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!

Now off to the library and check your facts…what a knucklehead… :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2416
It's like there's this really tall ladder and some of us have gotten very close to the top and we're looking down at you who are stuck on the first rung, and we're trying to help you up. But you like being at the bottom. You think you'd like to evolve and move up but deep inside you are frightened. That's why you wallow in this shit day after day. (Keep in mind I skip most of the posts in this thread)

Example:
Spacebro...you claim certain people are racist. Let's move up, shall we? Some people don't give a fuck if someone else is racist as long as that person does not act upon their racism in a hurtful way against others. Ayn Rand? Sticks and stones.......
Now, can we move on? Hatred is a freedom. It's freedom of expression.

So, now what?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
For starters Honey Boo Boo...

"Just as there is no such thing as a collective or racial mind, so there is no such thing as a collective or racial achievement. There are only individual minds and individual achievements -- and a culture is not the anonymous product of undifferentiated masses, but the sum of the intellectual achievements of individual men."

"The Civil Rights movement wasn't a group achievement. It was an achievement thanks to men like LBJ, a paternalistic achievement by Great Men, not the barnyard beasts"... according to Ayn Rand.


You simply have NO fucking clue what Ayn Rand was writing about in that article, do you? There is NOTHING in that article that advocates racism. In fact, if you were paying attention, you'd notice she was condemning racism and also discussing individualism and capitalism, as opposed to socialism and collectivism. Secondly, when she states "barnyard beasts", she's not describing black people. She's describing collectivists, moron. :roll:

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Her own words out of her own essay that she wrote. There a lot more where that came from. Want to see more of them Honey Boo Boo Shmucko Boy?

How about this Honey Boo Boo?

"the Negroes -- are now in the vanguard of the destruction of these rights." ~ Ayn Rand from her essay titled "Racism"





Don't worry Honey Boo Boo. Ayn Rand didn't have a surrogate writer, like what the Ron Paul wacko's try to claim that he did. There are a plethora of racist quotes by Ayn Rand, certainly enough that almost deserve it's own thread.

Checkmate


next...


That's a misquote, asshole. Maybe you should post the full text? :roll:


When you go for the STUPID...you go for the REALLY BIG STUPID!

But if you must, tweedle-dumb...keep it comin'. This is quite entertaining...and unfuckingbelievable...

tiboudre wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Even precious metals can be, and have historicaly been overvalued. The gold standard also stifles economic growth. Don't believe the hype.

That may be true, but within its cycle it can be undervalued, just like real estate and the DOW. As far as economic growth, it is impossible for it to happen naturally. Fractional reserve banking will never last forever. But with precious metals, what you own is what it's worth, unlike fiat currency.


Yep.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Btw, it's THE best selling novel of all time. And its sales spike whenever there's a recession/depression...


Its not in my nature to kick a man when he’s down, I tried to avoid embarrassing you like this… but your constant challenges to prove your endless stream of hypothetical “Facts” as wrong, and the Fact that you would through this out there just proves your just selling this crap wholesale or making it up.

Although a pivotal book that has sold well, this is not even in the Top 100.

Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!

Now off to the library and check your facts…what a knucklehead… :smoke:


Well, I'm not "down" and haven't been "kicked", especially not by you. And I'm certainly not "embarrassed."

I've already corrected my error, asshole. And that's about the ONLY thing that I've been wrong about recently. In the past, I've read articles that stated Atlas Shrugged was the biggest selling novel of all time and never thought to question it. The list tweedle-dumb posted is a list regarding sales of ALL types of books, not just novels. And once I researched it, I found that Atlas Shrugged is ONE of the biggest selling NOVELS of all time, with roughly 9 million copies sold. So STFU. :roll:

But then again, this is you: a weasel, who can't back up his BS accusations that claim I've stated, "out-right lies" and "half-truths." Not to mention, your constant lame-ass Obama failure excuses regarding the NSB.

But if you want, you can go back to your "endless stream" of ultra-subjective nonsense, generalizations and references to me supposedly bullying you whenever I point out what an idiot you really are...or maybe even get lucky and cherry-pick someone else's book sales error, junior. Because that's ALL you can do.

Here's some advice: stop indulging in idiocy and come back to the table when you actually know wtf you're talking about.

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2416
Catcher In The Rye is 8 hundred billion times better and more effective than anything Ayn Rand could have possibly written.

FACT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 pm
Posts: 729
Location: Australia
Plook wrote:
Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!
:smoke:



GOD.....has a SACK??? :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 19079
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
phydeaux3 wrote:
Plook wrote:
Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!
:smoke:



GOD.....has a SACK??? :shock:

Not a woman. then.
Either that or God is Santa Claus.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21261
Location: Somewhere in time
just plain doug wrote:
phydeaux3 wrote:
Plook wrote:
Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!
:smoke:



GOD.....has a SACK??? :shock:

Not a woman. then.
Either that or God is Santa Claus.



LMAO... :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5817
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Honey Boo Boo wrote:

You simply have NO fucking clue what Ayn Rand was writing about in that article, do you? There is NOTHING in that article that advocates racism. In fact, if you were paying attention, you'd notice she was condemning racism and also discussing individualism and capitalism, as opposed to socialism and collectivism. Secondly, when she states "barnyard beasts", she's not describing black people. She's describing collectivists, moron. :roll:


She described the Civil Rights movement as collectivists, and she described collectivists as barnyard animals. I would say, you do the math, but we all already know that your math skills are fuzzy at best*. (* see posts in thread where he claimed Ron paul would easily get 10 million votes in the primaries)

Honey Boo Boo wrote:

plook wrote:
Honey Boo Boo wrote:
Btw, it's THE best selling novel of all time. And its sales spike whenever there's a recession/depression...


Its not in my nature to kick a man when he’s down, I tried to avoid embarrassing you like this… but your constant challenges to prove your endless stream of hypothetical “Facts” as wrong, and the Fact that you would through this out there just proves your just selling this crap wholesale or making it up.

Although a pivotal book that has sold well, this is not even in the Top 100.

Are you kidding, think the Bible, Huckleberry Fin, A tale of Two Cities, Lord of the Rings, The Catcher and the Rye, The Da Vinci Code and series any of the James Bond, Hardy Boys, and for gods sack Harry Potter!

Now off to the library and check your facts…what a knucklehead… :smoke:


Well, I'm not "down" and haven't been "kicked", especially not by you. And I'm certainly not "embarrassed."

I've already corrected my error, asshole. And that's about the ONLY thing that I've been wrong about recently. In the past, I've read articles that stated Atlas Shrugged was the biggest selling novel of all time and never thought to question it. The list tweedle-dumb posted is a list regarding sales of ALL types of books, not just novels. And once I researched it, I found that Atlas Shrugged is ONE of the biggest selling NOVELS of all time (proven wrong yet again), with roughly 9 million copies sold. So STFU. :roll:

But then again, this is you: a weasel, who can't back up his BS accusations that claim I've stated, "out-right lies" and "half-truths." Not to mention, your constant lame-ass Obama failure excuses regarding the NSB.

But if you want, you can go back to your "endless stream" of ultra-subjective nonsense, generalizations and references to me supposedly bullying you whenever I point out what an idiot you really are...or maybe even get lucky and cherry-pick someone else's book sales error, junior. Because that's ALL you can do.

Here's some advice: stop indulging in idiocy and come back to the table when you actually know wtf you're talking about.


Face it Honey Boo Boo, you're making this shit up as you go along. You've been proven wrong by several people here, besides myself, who have opted to chime in. You lose.

Checkmate

To borrow a slam from jaypfunk - go get your shinebox shmuck


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1965
But, SPACEBROTHER...won't you tell us more about how blacks got the right to vote in 1965?


Last edited by A rope leash on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:18 pm
Posts: 3341
Location: Between the Badges
So that shitty book sold alot, so what? Lots of books have had huge printings, so by that logic we should love the Bible, the Koran and the Communist Manifesto too?

Here's what Wiki considers alot of books, (yes I know, not novels, why that is considered important, I have no idea):

Contents
[hide] 1 List of best-selling single-volume books 1.1 More than 100 million copies
1.2 Between 50 million and 100 million copies
1.3 Between 30 million and 50 million copies
1.4 Between 20 million and 30 million copies
1.5 Between 10 million and 20 million copies
1.6 No reliable sales figures

2 List of best-selling book series 2.1 At least 100 million copies
2.2 Between 50 million and 100 million copies
2.3 Between 30 million and 50 million copies
2.4 Between 20 million and 30 million copies
2.5 Between 15 million and 20 million copies
2.6 Notes

3 List of best-selling regularly updated books 3.1 More than 100 million copies
3.2 Between 50 million and 100 million copies
3.3 Between 30 million and 50 million copies
3.4 Between 20 million and 30 million copies
3.5 Between 10 million and 20 million copies

4 See also
5 References
6 External links


You can see that when it comes to books, 9 million isn't even on the radar.

I don't rate books by how they sold, but since some people seem to I thought that'd be fun. Personally, I found the fountainhead to be a bore, rand to be loathsome and the principles she espouses to be nothing more than tools that rationalize the lives of the selfish.

Oh, yeah... Every book that has ever sold is one of the best selling books of all time.

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Don't Be Stupid Unless You Want To


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5817
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Just add that to the ever growing list of Honey Boo Boo's proven-to-be incorrect claims.


............................................................................................................................


A rope leash wrote:
But, SPACEBROTHER...won't you tell us more abut how blacks got the right to vote in 1965?


Why? Do you have some conspiracy theory about the Civil Rights Movement?


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1965
The Civil Rights Movement? Is that when blacks got the right to vote?

Gosh, I sure thought it was in 1870 with the Fifteenth Amendment.

No conspiracy theory here, just some pretty firm history.

http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=true&doc=44


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5817
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Yes. Firm history indeed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964

http://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?fla ... transcript



quoted from my link: wrote:
Approved July 2, 1964.


quoted from your link: wrote:
The most direct attack on the problem of African American disfranchisement came in 1965. Prompted by reports of continuing discriminatory voting practices in many Southern states, President Lyndon B. Johnson, himself a southerner, urged Congress on March 15, 1965, to pass legislation “which will make it impossible to thwart the 15th amendment.” He reminded Congress that “we cannot have government for all the people until we first make certain it is government of and by all the people.” The Voting Rights Act of 1965, extended in 1970, 1975, and 1982, abolished all remaining deterrents to exercising the franchise and authorized Federal supervision of voter registration where necessary.



And this happened within the lifetime of many of us here ( only two years before I was born).



Of course, Republicans, Ron Paul included, have been actively trying to get rid of the Civil Rights Act of 1965. That was a subject in some of his racist newsletters.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21261
Location: Somewhere in time
They don't like President Blackenstien because it signals the end of white supremacy, that thinking took over the Tea Party and the Tea Party took over the Republican Party, the right is fighting the inevitable...the blend line.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1965
Blacks had the right to vote in 1870, nearly a hundred years before the Civil Rights Act.

SPACEBROTHER, in his usual paranoid way, made the statement that blacks did not get the right to vote until the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which leads me to think that he thought blacks could not vote until 1965. Further, he cannot accept my educating him on the subject, so he boils up some quote from a website to show that some blacks had trouble voting up until 1965.

Typical. He cannot make the claim that anyone who distrusts Obama is a racist, unless America itself is still racist. Racist, that is, in the sense of whites beating down blacks in a constant war to keep them subservient.

This just isn't so in America today. There are few overt racists in politics today. Jesse Helms is long gone, and so is Strom Thurmond. As for the street, well, the face of poverty in the inner cities is still black, but I can take you rural white towns where folks are just as poor. Some young whites are so keen on black culture that they attempt to emulate blacks. Mixed marriages and mixed neighborhoods are also very common where I live. Yes, I do know some racists, but the white ones are chicken to admit it, and the black ones relish the opportunity to say it loud.

In some of the work I do, I visit people's homes. I never know who is going to answer the door, but I can tell you that the economic status of the neighborhood has little bearing on the race of the person that owns the house. Yes, I am more likely to see a black person in a "black" neighborhood, but these neighborhoods are not all gang-infested ghettos. Some of them are downright rich. Why do they choose to stay in the "black" neighborhood? I don't know...maybe they are racist?

The point is, if all Obama has to support him is that white folks don't want to be seen as racist, then he has nothing. If anyone thinks that the Civil Right Act is threatened by racist conservatives, I have to ask what shit they've been smoking, because the shit I smoke is not giving me huge paranoid delusions like that.

The Civil Right Act is not in danger, but the Constitution itself is...yet I see no worry about this on the side of the liberals. All of us are about to get screwed big time, but it's all okay, because "your guy" is doing it now, and no way is he a racist, because he's "black".
























"We're all niggers now..." - Abbie Hoffman, sometime after the Civil Rights Act was passed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21261
Location: Somewhere in time
Trust me there is a lot of racism in America, I have seen it and it is alive and well.

Although Blacks have had the right to vote since 1870 we all know that they were not afforded the access to the right by way of threat and intimidation, and that continues to this day.

We know that this tactic was used in the south in 2000 as one of the many variables that allowed President Bush to win his first election and they were employed again in 2004 in Ohio to secure his reelection.

They attempted again in 2012 just 3 months ago to disenfranchise hundred of thousands of voters primarily Black from voting using targeted reductions in places, times, and days that one could vote. There was no attempt to even hide the fact that these voting rules were targeted due to the fact that the most effectively reduced minority voting.

The ruse that this was somehow related to voter fraud never held water due to the fact that no one has ever been able to establish to any degree of consequence that voter fraud exist.

So if you think racism is not an issue and your white, just remember that 3 months ago a party that consists of over 70% Caucasians tried to obstruct minorities from voting and gave the reason that they were committing a crime they have no proof of, so they had to stop them from voting.


:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1965
You are hyping it plook, because if it isn't rampant racism, there's no point. I know racism still exists, but it is nothing like the Jim Crow south, even in the south.

If there is any "conservative" effort to stop voters, it may appear to be racist because so many blacks vote liberal. Are blacks targeted in these efforts? Yes, because they vote liberal, not because conservatives totally hate blacks because they are black. If blacks voted conservative, I doubt that we would see any voters suppression efforts on the part of conservative players.

Racism is pretty much a bogus issue kicked around by politicians who are trying to hide their true selves. To me, Obama is a war-mongering military adventurist, just like his predecessor, George W. Bush. I really thought a "black guy" would put an end to it, but I guess Obama is more white than black, or so it seems.

Amid all this race-baiting, mostly contained in SPACEBROTHER's shrill cries, I often bring up the aspect of Obama's apparent lack of morality when it comes to droning innocent Muslims. SPACEBROTHER never seems to want to talk about that stuff, but I have one request of him...

Admit. Admit that the killing is okay by you, and that the waste of war to the determent of our wealth and freedoms is in every way right, and that if GWB was still in office, you would be complaining about him still doing exactly what Obama is doing anyway.

Admit. There is little difference between Obama and Bush.

Admit...this guy represents real change, not smoke up your ass change:

http://rt.com/usa/news/paul-us-mali-french-011/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21261
Location: Somewhere in time
I know several Blacks and I can guarantee you many levels of racism exist, I have seen it.

Things are better then the Jim Crow South, but that is no excuse to stop fighting for equality, and if Blacks are again targeted as they have been since the foundation of this country, it does not matter what excuse we give for it, it is part and parcel the same thing.

If something has continued for as long as racism with no perceivable brake, then it exists and is alive well, regardless of how you want to marginalize it.

If you are the one being affected by it, I am sure it matters, I am sure it did to Brandon McClelland when he was dragged to death behind that truck.

:smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
We could all use a tan or the bigger picture:
Hell,we're just another species,human beings.We also have a varied taste in other human beings for mating.Sooner or later,love & nature will find a way to blend us together as we migrate outta' this nest we call Earth.Like a baby reaching for a mobile above the crib,we are reaching out to find out how and where we will go when we leave this nest.1st step,the Moon then Mars or one of the moons circling the planets that has water in some form are becoming realities as our natural need for space migration kicks in.I doubt if it's gonna be like Startrek with everyone retaining there cultural identity.We are Human Beings from Earth.I also doubt any intellegent form of life would recognize our differences the way we do.To them we would all be human beings,male and female that's about it.Maybe they'll call us Earthers,the Blue Planet People.It's a brave new world out there and I for one am all for it.Warp factor 4,if not faster.

Barry Goldwater lost the '64 presidential election by not signing The Civil Rights Act/Bill of '64.It made for a landslide win by LBJ.(Superbird) It made Goldwater look racist.My mom said at the time (I was 9 and 3/4) that one provision in the bill made it sound like you should spy on your neighbor.She said it would make us like the communist,turning in friends and neighbors to the KGB for rewards.She also thought if I put up a poster on my wall that I was on drugs.I don't remember my mom having any friends either....and that was in Los Altos,where the GOP grows.

Those drones are scary in anyones hands.We have drones all over the world.If another country had one unarmed drone flying over the USA we'd have another war before you could say,"Whoops,it's Canadian!",no matter who's in The White House. Even if we can't find out where it came from,someones gotta pay.There is no "Shit Happends" in the military industrial complex scheme of things.imo

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm
Posts: 214
The two party system is bought out and has failed. Americans need more choices than the "Right" and "Left."

_________________
Image

Pudding
Delicious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 994
schvanzbass wrote:
The two party system is bought out and has failed. Americans need more choices than the "Right" and "Left."


Tell it to Ron Paul :roll:

I've been hearing that shit since the 60's and it will NEVER happen. Until you find a political party that vows to take no salary , no pac money , no retirement and promises to leave Washington after their term is completed , AND is voted in , you will always have a right and left 2 party system.

Follow the money and then look at the numbers floating around Washington, D.C.
Politics isn't about you or me .
It's about a lifelong career that pays damn well.
:|

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm
Posts: 107
Location: Chicago
pedro2 wrote:
schvanzbass wrote:
The two party system is bought out and has failed. Americans need more choices than the "Right" and "Left."


Tell it to Ron Paul :roll:

I've been hearing that shit since the 60's and it will NEVER happen....
:|

If you wait long enough, miracles can happen; I actually agree with Pedro!!!!!!!!

_________________
Plastic people. Oh baby now. You're such a drag.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5817
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
pedro2 wrote:
schvanzbass wrote:
The two party system is bought out and has failed. Americans need more choices than the "Right" and "Left."


Tell it to Ron Paul :roll:

I've been hearing that shit since the 60's and it will NEVER happen. Until you find a political party that vows to take no salary , no pac money , no retirement and promises to leave Washington after their term is completed , AND is voted in , you will always have a right and left 2 party system.

Follow the money and then look at the numbers floating around Washington, D.C.
Politics isn't about you or me .
It's about a lifelong career that pays damn well.
:|


Even though we tend to argue from different ends of the spectrum, I actually am also in agreeance with pedro2 on these points. There may yet be hope afterall! :wink:

The part we might not agree is that I believe that big business interests have too much influence on our gov't. Mega-monopolies are killing mom and pop businesses, driving down wages and out to destroy any groups that stand for workers rights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2416
Why America Loves Socialism

1.Socialism tastes like ice cream
2. Socialism makes the sun shine
3. Socialism gives great blow jobs
4. Socialism looks good in red
5. Socialism rhymes with 'frocialism
6. Socialism doesn't give you a hangover
7. Socialism makes the ladies nipples poke through their tank tops
8. Socialism provides clean drinking water for most of the world (excluding Asia)
9. Socialism does not insulate one by wealth from the cares of the day
10. Socialism creates socialism



Why Obama Is Meaningless

1. The next 50+ years are already planned out by the owners of the world and whoever is "in office" will not change those plans.

Ron Paul And Zappa
1. It would be so cool if Zappa was alive and he could hang out and talk about stuff with Ron Paul. They could go out to dinner and Frank could bounce some Synclavier ideas off of RP. Maybe RP could somehow use Frank to save our beautiful human race from the evils of Obama and his followers.
You know, it could happen, because this is America. Anything is possible! It's not like in Canada or Florida where the same thing happens everyday and everyone is just sitting around waiting to die or something. America is the land of opportunists.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Meanwhile back at the ranch.....

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2783 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 112  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group