Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 101  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm 

DB,I see that one of your favorite authors/economist has endorced the Ryan plan.Thought you might get a kick outta this. :wink:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/b ... rt/2013/03

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:25 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
DB,I see that one of your favorite authors/economist has endorced the Ryan plan.Thought you might get a kick outta this. :wink:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/b ... rt/2013/03

Cute. :wink:

However, if Ayn were still alive, I doubt she would be praising Ryan that much...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:11 am 

(Un)Necessary can of worms:

http://goldsilver.com/video/ron-paul-s- ... interview/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm 

tiboudre wrote:

Excellent interview. I hadn't seen the whole thing before.

August 15, 1971 will haunt us forever. The fiat currency's days are numbered...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:20 am 

It's not gonna be pretty. Here's hoping you have a safe haven of bullion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:41 am 

When you invest in gold, be sure to follow the advice of this extremely trustworthy gentlemen and this extremely trustworthy company...

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/02 ... -customers

Rand Paul has described the Republican party as "old and moss-covered".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3sSgGU2 ... e=youtu.be

He's noticed, anyway...

"Our rights come from our creator".... :mrgreen:

I also love the way he presses his lips together - go Rand!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm 

Caputh wrote:
When you invest in gold, be sure to follow the advice of this extremely trustworthy gentlemen and this extremely trustworthy company...

He's noticed, anyway...

I could tell his butt checks were together when he went after Hilary, dumb move, that ol' gal eats guys like him for snacks...lol... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:21 pm 

Caputh wrote:

He's noticed, anyway...

And how does this have to do with fiat currency and/or Ron Paul's economic expertise, not to mention how the value of Gold has risen about 80% in the past 4 years?

Oh wait, nevermind. You're a Keynesian economic scholar...

...I forgot...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:32 pm 

It's too bad this isn't The Gong Show. It got cancelled, you know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm 

Pope Jim wrote:
It's too bad this isn't The Gong Show. It got cancelled, you know.

:smoke: .......... :smoke: .......... :smoke: ............ :|

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:47 am 

Disco Boy wrote:

Find another Keynesian DB; Although I share some of his views, I don't like Paul Krugman much.... :P
Joshing aside, I find Paul's comment above a not unintelligent one, although I fail to see that it is specifically derivative from the Austrian School of Economics - could you point me to a quote in which one of the original members of the Austrian School of Economics talks about the boom in house prices?
This would have the added bonus for you of annoying Downer Mydnyte... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

Find another Keynesian DB; Although I share some of his views, I don't like Paul Krugman much.... :P
Joshing aside, I find Paul's comment above a not unintelligent one, although I fail to see that it is specifically derivative from the Austrian School of Economics - could you point me to a quote in which one of the original members of the Austrian School of Economics talks about the boom in house prices?
This would have the added bonus for you of annoying Downer Mydnyte... :wink:

First of all, Krugman is seemingly the modern figurehead of Keynesian Economics. So why would another Keynesian quote be necessary? Secondly, RP's economic training is almost exclusively from the Austrian School of Economics. And thirdly, I was hoping to annoy you...but I guess downer mydnyte will have to do instead! :wink:

There really isn't much more to discuss regarding which system is correct (Keynesian Economics or the Austrian School Of Economics). And that's because the answer should be more than obvious by now. I think my point has been made...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:49 pm 

That's put a lot of university professors out of a job, then.

BTW. just as in the Austrian School of Economics (where e.g. Hayek thought that the logical outcome of the Austrian School of Economics theory would lead to the end of the state, and Mises and Hazlitt disagreed), there are multiple schools of thought in the Keynesian school, all of whom disagree quite violently. Thus you have the Keynesians, the neo-Keynesians, the new Keynesians, the post Keynesians, the Stockholm school and free market Keynesians. It is to the latter group that Krugman belongs. Since he has expressed praise for the IMO disasterous economic policies of Thatcher and is quite a fan of Friedman and the Chicago school, I can't say I personally find his ideas fantastic.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 pm 

Caputh wrote:
That's put a lot of university professors out of a job, then.

Not if Keynesians stubbornly still think they're right, especially since there are apparently more of them...

Caputh wrote:
BTW. just as in the Austrian School of Economics (where e.g. Hayek thought that the logical outcome of the Austrian School of Economics theory would lead to the end of the state, and Mises and Hazlitt disagreed), there are multiple schools of thought in the Keynesian school, all of whom disagree quite violently. Thus you have the Keynesians, the neo-Keynesians, the new Keynesians, the post Keynesians, the Stockholm school and free market Keynesians. It is to the latter group that Krugman belongs. Since he has expressed praise for the IMO disasterous economic policies of Thatcher and is quite a fan of Friedman and the Chicago school, I can't say I personally find his ideas fantastic.

Of course there are going to be disagreements - not every organization, group or establishment can agree on everything. Also, while Krugman respects Friedman as an economist but Krugman is definitely NOT for free markets or related principles, otherwise, he wouldn't vehemently disagree with Ron Paul. I don't know why you think Krugman believes that...

...check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcuAOdXD0Go

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:56 pm 

An interesting video, which btw, contains positive comments by Krugman on Milton Friedman.
The reason why I think that Krugman is a free market Keynesian is that Krugman has described himself repeatedly as a free market Keynesian. E.g. during the scandalette over his involvement with Enron, he stated: "I have always been a free-market Keynesian: I like free markets, but I want some government supervision to correct market failures and ensure stability." (http://www.pkarchive.org/personal/EnronFAQ.html). It is the latter part of his statement that leads him into conflict with libertarians.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 am 

Disco Boy is Isaac Baranoff wrote:
...Keynesians...

You want more proof that db = ib?

You guessed it. Isaac posted that exact same word for word bullshit too...

http://hiphoplibertarians.blogspot.com/

Disco Boy...you ARE Isaac Baranoff. You can quit the charade and man up douchbag. We ALL know it's you. Everybody here is onto you.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:13 am 

I'd rather be Issac than a SPACEBROTHER forum entity shill.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 am 

Why? Is "a rope leash" another one of your forum accounts here Isaac? Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:00 pm 

Caputh wrote:
An interesting video, which btw, contains positive comments by Krugman on Milton Friedman.
The reason why I think that Krugman is a free market Keynesian is that Krugman has described himself repeatedly as a free market Keynesian. E.g. during the scandalette over his involvement with Enron, he stated: "I have always been a free-market Keynesian: I like free markets, but I want some government supervision to correct market failures and ensure stability." (http://www.pkarchive.org/personal/EnronFAQ.html). It is the latter part of his statement that leads him into conflict with libertarians.

Krugman directly contradicts himself in the above quote, especially with the term, "free-market Keynesian." And the article barely even mentions Friedman (like I said, there's mutual respect there but that's about it), not to mention does nothing to support his supposed credibility, especially because of the Enron scandal. Which goes to show, as I was saying/posting earlier, that Krugman has no credibility...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
...Keynesians...

You want more proof that db = ib?

You guessed it. Isaac posted that exact same word for word bullshit too...

http://hiphoplibertarians.blogspot.com/

Disco Boy...you ARE Isaac Baranoff. You can quit the charade and man up douchbag. We ALL know it's you. Everybody here is onto you.

You are a sorry and sad little man...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm 

Not as sorry and sad as somebody who either

a: is Isaac

or

b: aspires to be Isaac, by copying his exact same little arguments here on the Zappa forum that he does in the Bakshi forum, hiphoplibtards, youtube and everywhere else where the search critiria matches any combination of the words..."isaac Baranoff" "disco boy" "Ron Paul" "Ayn Rand" "Keynesian" "Tweedle Dee Tweedle dumb" "Frodo Baggins" "Peter Jackson" "20 Minute Album Sides" ..... and so on and so forth.

dude...straight up.........you are what you is......and you is Isaac Baranoff. Time to end the charade....

If you're not Isaac, then that makes you even more pathetic, to copy the internets biggest douchebag of all time.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

or

b: aspires to be Isaac, by copying his exact same little arguments here on the Zappa forum that he does in the Bakshi forum, hiphoplibtards, youtube and everywhere else where the search critiria matches any combination of the words..."isaac Baranoff" "disco boy" "Ron Paul" "Ayn Rand" "Keynesian" "Tweedle Dee Tweedle dumb" "Frodo Baggins" "Peter Jackson" "20 Minute Album Sides" ..... and so on and so forth.

dude...straight up.........you are what you is......and you is Isaac Baranoff. Time to end the charade....

If you're not Isaac, then that makes you even more pathetic, to copy the internets biggest douchebag of all time.

Some people's hot,
Some peoples Cold.
Some got a big-leg inbetween 'em, :mrgreen:
N' some's got a load.
Some people see it,
Some see right through it.
Some choose to ignore it,
N' others they spew,
We're all wearing uniforms,
If only he knew it. :roll:

SB don't feed a fire and it will go out bro'. :wink:

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm 

I suppose you're right Kapt. You're ok. 8)

He's got flannel up 'n down him
A little trap-door back aroun' him
An' some cozy little footies on his mind (indeed) :mrgreen:

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I suppose you're right Kapt. You're ok. 8)

Why thank you S-bro'.That's damn decent of you.It made me feel good too,thanks man! :D

EDIT: Let me be clear though S-bro' I'm Swiss in this.Neutral. :|

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
Krugman directly contradicts himself in the above quote, especially with the term, "free-market Keynesian."

Absolutely agree!

Quote:
And the article barely even mentions Friedman (like I said, there's mutual respect there but that's about it),

I agree, he only says: "In fact, the next column I wrote for Fortune was also a pro-market piece, with kind words for Milton Friedman and Margaret Thatcher."
Krugman's approval for Friedman's views is in the video you posted and in other places in the net (e.g. here from the above mentioned Fortune article: http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/english.html).

Disco Boy wrote:
not to mention does nothing to support his supposed credibility, especially because of the Enron scandal

I agree!

Disco Boy wrote:
as I was saying/posting earlier, that Krugman has no credibility...

Caputh wrote:
Find another Keynesian DB; Although I share some of his views, I don't like Paul Krugman much....

I'm agreeing with you, DB. Have you noticed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:55 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:

or

You are even more of a sorry and sad little man...especially since you can't PROVE SHIT about your above comments.

Caputh wrote:
Krugman's approval for Friedman's views is in the video you posted and in other places in the net (e.g. here from the above mentioned Fortune article: http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/english.html).

Friedman is also barely mentioned in the video I posted or in the article above. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Find another Keynesian DB; Although I share some of his views, I don't like Paul Krugman much....

Ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N25vJG1u6zE

Caputh wrote:
I'm agreeing with you, DB. Have you noticed?

I guess so... :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 101  Next