Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:54 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:

But what is important here are the FACTS

A personal pronoun beginning with a capital letter, followed by a transitive verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a conjunction, followed by a definite article, followed by an intransitive verb in the present indicative, followed by an adverb, followed by a conjunction, followed by a contraction consisting of a personal pronoun and an auxiliary verb in the present indicative, followed by a preposition, followed by an indefinite article, followed by a possessive pronoun, followed by a common noun, followed by a period.

I'm glad to see you're trying to learn English.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:

Thanks for enlightening me, Caputh. Fuck Ezra Pound. The Residents are undoubtedly better Nazi poets.

Touché! Good one! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Regarding the fertilizer plant explosion, some of the images looks like a mushroom cloud over the town. This isn't the first time this has happened in Texas either. You would think they would have regulations in place to avoid having this happen, but then again, it is Texas, one of the homes of deregulation.

edit - whoops. wrong thread.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Looks like Ezra Pound had something in common with Ron Paul...

Quote:
He moved to Italy in 1924, where throughout the 1930s and 1940s, to his friends' dismay, he embraced Benito Mussolini's fascism, expressed support for Adolf Hitler and wrote for publications owned by Oswald Mosley.

...they expressed similar views in their publications. fitting example dm :P

It's time to play a game, folks. Yes, that's right. It's time to play...

...When will tweedle-dumb finally receive a lobotomy?!

Don't be shy...step right up! The highest bidder gets the chance to not only provide tweedle-dumb with the absolutely necessary financial requirements, but is eligible to perform the surgery themselves!

The 2nd runner up will get to inform him that he's been OWNED throughout this entire thread and hasn't been right about almost anything.

And the 3rd runner up will be obliged to bestow him with objectivity. I know, I know. But he just might actually use it sometime. Though, we admit, the chances of that happening are slim. :wink:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 pm 

...says the almost guy who predicted that Ron Paul was going to get 10 million almost votes in the primaries and that Ayn Rands book Atlas Shrugged was the biggest almost seller of all time. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
...says the almost guy who predicted that Ron Paul was going to get 10 million almost votes in the primaries...

I NEVER said that.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
...and that Ayn Rands book Atlas Shrugged was the biggest almost seller of all time. :mrgreen:

I corrected it. It's actually ONE of the best sellers of all time. And its back catalogue sales are higher now since Obama's been in office - and there's a very specific reason why that is.

We've been over these two things COUNTLESS TIMES. But for some reason, you keep bringing them up. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:
...says the almost guy who predicted that Ron Paul was going to get 10 million almost votes in the primaries...

I NEVER said that.

Disco Boy wrote:
Btw, tweedle-dee, some of your stats are WAY OFF, especially the amount of current Ron Paul supporters. He has WAY MORE than 2 million supporters. Not to mention, there are still HUNDREDS more delegates to be won.

Disco Boy wrote:
There are currently slightly less than 314 million people that live in the US. Also, Ron Paul has at least 20% of the GOP delegates and only about 150 million of Americans vote. So since basically 40%-50% of those are Republicans, that means since RP has won at least 6 states and is close in 3 more, RP has nearly 10 million supporters in the US.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Earth to Disco Bore. Where do you get this 10 million number from? Are you high or just ignint?

As of this precise moment, Ron Paul has an exact total of 2,037,493 votes. Nowhere remotely close to the 10 million number Disco Bore just pulled out of his posterior. Hell, Romney doesn't even have 10 million votes.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... count.html

Caputh wrote:
It seems to me, that you are talking about potential supporters of Ron Paul, rather than people who actually voted for him in the Republican nomination for President.

Disco Boy wrote:
The above site is so far from reality, that it's not even funny. It actually shows RP behind Gingrich and Santorum in delegate counts and lists out of date stats that mostly are from months ago and that are NOWHERE near complete. If there were really only 18,128,381 Republican voters, then they wouldn't stand a change against the Democrats. As of today, RP has 263 delegates, which is at least 23% of the total GOP delegates count.

Disco Boy wrote:
...[I]f you're a Ron Paul supporter, you're going to vote for him. In almost all cases, they're not interchangeable.

Disco Boy wrote:
The "official" #s that you're referring to, aren't actually "official", nor are they correct. Since I'm talking about Ron Paul's OVERALL supporters and not just supporters who are voting in the primaries. I see you're not good at math either.

Caputh wrote:
The only trouble with this last argument is that it logically follows that if Ron Paul has only 10 million supporters/voters (they're interchangeable remember?), it means that in a presidential election Obama would win hands down.

Disco Boy wrote:
And for the record, RP will have much more than 2 million voters/supporters from the Republican Primaries (and again, has closer to 10 million supporters overall) once ALL the votes are counted, of course.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of ... _primaries Ron Paul got 2,095,762 (10.89%) in the popular vote in the presidential primaries and on Tuesday August 28, at the traditional roll call of the states, which shows final distribution of delegates for every candidate, he got 190 delegates...

Repeating stuff is a bit dull, though...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm 

Classic! He wasn't even close. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:02 pm 

Caputh wrote:
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of ... _primaries Ron Paul got 2,095,762 (10.89%) in the popular vote in the presidential primaries and on Tuesday August 28, at the traditional roll call of the states, which shows final distribution of delegates for every candidate, he got 190 delegates...

Selective posting at its worst. Here's the beginning of this 55 page thread:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19887

And in it contains all the info one needs to understand about Ron Paul, his popularity, the erroneous racist claims, how not everyone in the primaries gets to vote, the MASSIVE voter fraud against him, how the Republican Party fucked him over by hiring the same lawyer who fucked over Al Gore in Florida in 2000 at the GOP Convention by changing the rules at the last minute, despite the fact he was qualified to be on the ballot beforehand, how many of his Virginia delegates were purposely made late by their driver when commuting to the venue so they couldn't vote...and last but not least, why I stated that Ron Paul currently has nearly 10 million supporters in the US. Quoting me OUT OF CONTEXT and misinterpreting my statements to suit your own skewed logic, doesn't detract from ANYTHING I've stated.

We've already been over this COUNTLESS TIMES. :roll:

Caputh wrote:
Repeating stuff is a bit dull, though...

Well, at least you're right about one thing. That's good...

tweedle-dumb wrote:

Classic! He wasn't even close. :lol:

Nope. Try again, asshole...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 pm 

You were so far off the mark, it's comical. You're the joke that keeps on giving! Thanks for the laughs! :mrgreen:

tweedle-dumber wrote:
The above site is so far from reality, that it's not even funny. It actually shows RP behind Gingrich and Santorum in delegate counts and lists out of date stats that mostly are from months ago and that are NOWHERE near complete. If there were really only 18,128,381 Republican voters, then they wouldn't stand a change against the Democrats. As of today, RP has 263 delegates, which is at least 23% of the total GOP delegates count.

:lol: ------>ha ha you were way off - not even close<------ :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:05 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
You were so far off the mark, it's comical.

You're so pathetically desperate for some insignificant victory on an internet forum, it's hilarious.

You're reeling so hard from the exhilaration of your delusions that you think everyone here agrees with your bullshit.

You have hayseeds in your head. And you've never expressed one insightful thought on the actual music of Frank Zappa. You don't know shit about music. You just cut and paste stats. Even Disco Boy is more intelligent than you and everyone knows he's got the mentality of a 13 year old.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:32 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

You were so far off the mark, it's comical. You're the joke that keeps on giving! Thanks for the laughs! :mrgreen:

tweedle-dumber wrote:

:lol: ------>ha ha you were way off - not even close<------ :lol:

I guess the words, "NOWHERE", "near", "complete" and especially, "as of today", don't register for you, do they? :roll:

downer mydnyte wrote:
tweedle-dumb wrote:

You're so pathetically desperate for some insignificant victory on an internet forum, it's hilarious.

You're reeling so hard from the exhilaration of your delusions that you think everyone here agrees with your bullshit.

You have hayseeds in your head. And you've never expressed one insightful thought on the actual music of Frank Zappa. You don't know shit about music. You just cut and paste stats. Even Disco Boy is more intelligent than you and everyone knows he's got the mentality of a 13 year old.

You were almost 100% correct. If only you didn't include the second part of your last sentence. Oh well...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

It's even more hilarious that you bother to respond to it.

downer mydnyte wrote:

I'm merely relaying information to stimulate conversation.

downer mydnyte wrote:
...And you've never expressed one insightful thought on the actual music of Frank Zappa.

And you have? I've been listening to his music for 40+ years, saw him in concert twice, own the entire catalog several times over in multiple formats, own most of the books and have seen, listened to and discussed just about everything there is to discuss about the guy. Been there done that.

As far as I see it, you're just another practitioner of lemming type behavior because you insert yourself into any conversation thats heated just for the sake of participating.

downer mydnyte wrote:
You don't know shit about music. You just cut and paste stats.

See my last statement.

downer mydnyte wrote:
Even Disco Boy is more intelligent than you and everyone knows he's got the mentality of a 13 year old.

If thats the way you feel, oh well. You're not the first lemming here, nor will you be the last.

To use a variation of your own statement...

You're reeling so hard from the exhilaration of your delusions that you can't help but to join into any and every argument on the forum because you're lonliness and desperation to belong leads you to become a participant lemming activities.

By commenting on any of the debates and arguments, you do realise that you've reduced yourself to the level of those who you criticise, right?

-------------------------------------

None of that really has anything to do with Ron paul, but this does....

Ron Paul refuses to accept evolution...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JyvkjSKMLw

Religious wacko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:03 am 

Spacebrother, have you ever eaten squirrel?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:

Oh, that old chestnut...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:08 pm 

Caputh wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Oh, that old chestnut...

Nope. I'm a vagitarian. I don't eat meat or poultry either, and never really cared for seafood.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:31 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Caputh wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Oh, that old chestnut...

Nope. I'm a vagitarian. I don't eat meat or poultry either, and never really cared for seafood.

OK, now I understand the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
-------------------------------------

None of that really has anything to do with Ron paul, but this does....

Ron Paul refuses to accept evolution...

Religious wacko

If anyone actually watched that clip, they'd know Ron Paul stated this at the very end of it:

"...I just don't think we're at the point where anyone has absolute proof on either side."

Yes, he's definitely religious...BUT he's NOT a wacko.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:17 am 

He's a creationist - as were Carter, (an "omnipotent Creator" created the "entire universe") Reagan (evolution is a "theory only" and both Bushes (Bush sen.: "I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Biblical account of creation and the scientific evidence of the origins of the universe will yet find common ground", Bush jr.: "on the issue of evolution, the verdict is still out on how God created the earth" - sounds familiar?).

Some of them were wackos, some of them weren't.

So being a wacko, or a creationist, or a wacko creationist would not seem to be a hinderance to rising to the top of the political pile in the US. In fact, some might argue that it is a positive advantage. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:30 am 

America is all about believing any goddamn thing you want.

Most politicians in the USA profess Christian beliefs of one sort or another. What they actually think is another matter. Most of them certainly do not emulate Jesus.

Being an atheist gets you nowhere in American politics.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:31 am 

This thread is ugly and it wants to die.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 am 

Live thread, live! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 am 

A rope leash wrote:
America is all about believing any goddamn thing you want.

Most politicians in the USA profess Christian beliefs of one sort or another. What they actually think is another matter. Most of them certainly do not emulate Jesus.

Being an atheist gets you nowhere in American politics.

Too true!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm 

As long as Ron Paul remains in the public eye and says the wacky things that he says, and his contigency of kooky supporters prop him up as their golden calf, this thread will live and grow.

For a supposed man of science, for him to deny evolution proves he's a complete quack.

Unlike like Ayn Rand books, this one actually DID make it into the bestseller lists...

You can pick up a copy of an actual bestseller here ----> http://www.amazon.com/The-God-Delusion- ... 0618918248

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm 

Caputh wrote:
He's a creationist - as were Carter, (an "omnipotent Creator" created the "entire universe") Reagan (evolution is a "theory only" and both Bushes (Bush sen.: "I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Biblical account of creation and the scientific evidence of the origins of the universe will yet find common ground", Bush jr.: "on the issue of evolution, the verdict is still out on how God created the earth" - sounds familiar?).

Some of them were wackos, some of them weren't.

So being a wacko, or a creationist, or a wacko creationist would not seem to be a hinderance to rising to the top of the political pile in the US. In fact, some might argue that it is a positive advantage. :wink:

Well then, according to that criteria, Obama is just as much of a wacko, because he's religious too. :roll:

tweedle-dumb wrote:
As long as Ron Paul remains in the public eye and says the wacky things that he says, and his contigency of kooky supporters prop him up as their golden calf, this thread will live and grow.

For a supposed man of science, for him to deny evolution proves he's a complete quack.

Unlike like Ayn Rand books, this one actually DID make it into the bestseller lists...

You can pick up a copy of an actual bestseller here ----> http://www.amazon.com/The-God-Delusion- ... 0618918248

You either must've skipped over my last post over or you didn't watch the clip that you posted. Because if you did, you'd know Ron Paul stated this at the very end of it:

"...I just don't think we're at the point where anyone has absolute proof on either side."

Yes, he's definitely religious...BUT he's NOT a wacko.

And btw, Ayn Rand had SEVERAL best-sellers... :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2567 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 103  Next