Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 97  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:23 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
US rancher loses support over slavery remarks

A Nevada rancher who became a conservative folk hero for standing up to the US government in a fight over grazing rights lost some of his staunch defenders after wondering aloud whether blacks might have had it better under slavery.

Republican politicians from around the country who have rallied to Cliven Bundy's defence in recent weeks denounced the comments and distanced themselves from the rancher, including potential 2016 presidential contender Senator Rand Paul and Nevada senator Dean Heller. Democrats were quick to pounce on the comments and label Bundy a racist.

Bundy has gone from a little-known rancher and melon farmer in rural Nevada to a national political star since he resisted the federal government's attempts to round up his cattle from federal land because he hadn't paid grazing fees for two decades.

His supporters, especially those on the right, have praised him for standing up to what they believe is a heavy-handed federal government, and several armed militia members travelled to his ranch to back Bundy.

His comments were first published in The New York Times on Wednesday, but he did little to tamp down the controversy as he sought to address the public outrage on Thursday.

Bundy was quoted in a Times story referring to black people as "the Negro" and recalling a time decades ago when he drove past homes in North Las Vegas and saw black people who "didn't have nothing to do". He said he wondered if they were "better off as slaves" than "under government subsidy".

On Thursday during an outdoor news conference near his ranch 130 km from Las Vegas, he echoed the same sentiment: "Are they slaves to charities and government subsidised homes? And are they slaves when their daughters are having abortions and their sons are in the prisons? This thought goes back a long time."

A statement on the official Bundy Ranch Facebook page on Thursday said that Bundy was a "good man, he loves all people, he is not a racist man." Bundy explained that he wasn't saying anyone should be enslaved today.

Politicians who had defended Bundy quickly issued statements condemning the remarks.

"His remarks on race are offensive, and I wholeheartedly disagree with him," said Paul, a Kentucky senator.

Heller, who last week called Bundy defenders "patriots" for their stand against the government, "completely disagrees with Mr Bundy's appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way", said his spokeswoman, Chandler Smith.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Democrat who last week called Bundy supporters "domestic terrorists", also spoke out against Bundy's words.

"Today, Bundy revealed himself to be a hateful racist," Reid said. "But by denigrating people who work hard and play by the rules while he mooches off public land, he also revealed himself to be a hypocrite."

Bundy says he doesn't recognise federal authority over lands around his property that his cattle have grazed on for years.

The Bureau of Land Management claims the cattle are trespassing on fragile Gold Butte habitat set aside for the endangered desert tortoise, and that Bundy has racked up some US$1.1 million ($1.3 million) in fees and penalties since 1993.

Supporters rushed to Bundy's ranch after a YouTube video showed federal agents using a stun gun on Bundy's son during a BLM roundup of the family's cattle. The resulting armed standoff became so tense that BLM agents and contractors called off the weeklong roundup, released about 350 animals back to Bundy, and left the area on April 12.

Federal officials have said the agency would pursue unspecified administrative and judicial remedies, but BLM officials have not provided details.

- AP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:23 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
... completely irrelevant. 3 post in a row by SB about ...

And look how he constantly tries to bury the posts...

sb ¿ [aka ... ] wrote:
I have never tried to "bury" any thread.

Three different posts for three different racist Ron (& Rand) Paul and his racist supporters articles in a thread about Ron Paul and his racism...amongst other things....yep. You guys do realize that there is a difference between buried posts versus buried threads, right?

btw - why are you coming to the rescue of Isaa...I mean DB again?

Funny how Rand Paul is in damage control mode now...
Quote:
Rand Paul endorses Cliven Bundy; Cliven Bundy endorses slavery

BUNKERVILLE, Nevada—hours after Sen. Rand Paul (R—KY) effusively praised Cliven Bundy, the rancher refusing to pay his grazing fees, Cliven Bundy returned the favor with effusive praise for enslaving African Americans.

[Normally at this point in the article we would make up something outrageous and pretend Bundy said it. However, Bundy’s actual words were so extreme that they are 1) impossible to satirize, and 2) deeply uncomfortable to repeat even in the context of a political humor blog.]

After being told of Bundy’s words, Sen. Paul was quick to clarify his statement of support. “While I really like Cliven’s gestures towards armed rebellion against the government and coded racist language, I don’t support anything that crosses the line of plausible deniability,” said Paul. “Can we change the topic back towards threatening to shoot government employees?”

Bundy has risen to fame after showing his anti-government beliefs by demanding huge government subsidies in the form of free grazing for his cattle. Shortly after the demonstration, he barged into the Bureau of Land Management cafeteria, ate eleven slices of pizza, and refused to pay. He then stole a whole bunch of Post-Its on his way out of the building, yelling “Freedom!” at the top of his lungs.

In the meantime, Fox News continued to support the armed radicals who gathered to support Bundy, explaining that it was okay to threaten to kill law-abiding citizens for ideological reasons as long as you are not Muslim

http://twissblog.com/2014/04/24/rand-pa ... s-slavery/

Like father, like son.

Quote:
Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -standoff/

Quote:
Rand Paul Reacts To Cliven Bundy’s Racism By Admitting That Voter Fraud Doesn’t Exist

Rand Paul managed to further alienate mainstream Americans as well as his white nationalist base on Wednesday. First, the NYT exposed the racist views of Paul’s latest hero, Cliven Bundy.

While holding court for a reporter and his followers last Saturday, Bundy explained why he thought slavery was such a good thing for black people.
Rand Paul has a resume full of race related controversies. In 2009, Paul’s campaign spokesman was forced to resign when his racist views were exposed by the media. There is that interview with Rachel Maddow in 2010 in which Paul admitted he opposes the provision in the Civil Rights Act that bars private businesses from denying services to black people, members of the LGBT community or any other minority group. Last year, the media revealed that Paul’s media director is a white supremacist, who expressed his views under the pseudonym “Southern Avenger”

Then there was that disastrous outreach, at Howard University, when Paul lied to students about his opposition to the Civil Rights Act.

Even if Paul manages to persuade people that he misspoke during the Maddow and Howard University debacles and somehow sweet talks people about his white supremacist staffers, it will be impossible to disentangle himself from Cliven Bundy. Of course, Paul can take solace in the fact that other Republicans, including Texas’ Greg Abbott have irrevocably tied their political fortunes to Bundy.

Things got worse for Paul during an appearance with former Obama adviser David Axelrod at the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics. During a discussion of the GOP’s vote suppression strategy, Axelrod cornered Paul into admitting that Republicans exaggerated about voter fraud. Well so much for Paul’s Tea Party base who will undoubtedly see this admission as a sign that Paul is willing to sell out conservative values.

Paul, who is fantasizing about occupying the White House in 2016, alienated establishment Republicans a long time ago and only added to that alienation when he tried to take on Dick Cheney. By admitting that Republicans exaggerate about voter fraud to justify their vote suppression strategy, he will raise the ire of his base who share Bundy’s belief that African Americans are “better off” disenfranchised and as property.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/24/ ... y-bus.html

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:17 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Funny how Rand Paul is in damage control mode now...
Quote:
Rand Paul endorses Cliven Bundy; Cliven Bundy endorses slavery

BUNKERVILLE, Nevada—hours after Sen. Rand Paul (R—KY) effusively praised Cliven Bundy, the rancher refusing to pay his grazing fees, Cliven Bundy returned the favor with effusive praise for enslaving African Americans.

[Normally at this point in the article we would make up something outrageous and pretend Bundy said it. However, Bundy’s actual words were so extreme that they are 1) impossible to satirize, and 2) deeply uncomfortable to repeat even in the context of a political humor blog.]

After being told of Bundy’s words, Sen. Paul was quick to clarify his statement of support. “While I really like Cliven’s gestures towards armed rebellion against the government and coded racist language, I don’t support anything that crosses the line of plausible deniability,” said Paul. “Can we change the topic back towards threatening to shoot government employees?”

Bundy has risen to fame after showing his anti-government beliefs by demanding huge government subsidies in the form of free grazing for his cattle. Shortly after the demonstration, he barged into the Bureau of Land Management cafeteria, ate eleven slices of pizza, and refused to pay. He then stole a whole bunch of Post-Its on his way out of the building, yelling “Freedom!” at the top of his lungs.

In the meantime, Fox News continued to support the armed radicals who gathered to support Bundy, explaining that it was okay to threaten to kill law-abiding citizens for ideological reasons as long as you are not Muslim

http://twissblog.com/2014/04/24/rand-pa ... s-slavery/

Like father, like son.

Quote:
Rand Paul Reacts To Cliven Bundy’s Racism By Admitting That Voter Fraud Doesn’t Exist

Rand Paul managed to further alienate mainstream Americans as well as his white nationalist base on Wednesday. First, the NYT exposed the racist views of Paul’s latest hero, Cliven Bundy.

While holding court for a reporter and his followers last Saturday, Bundy explained why he thought slavery was such a good thing for black people.
Rand Paul has a resume full of race related controversies. In 2009, Paul’s campaign spokesman was forced to resign when his racist views were exposed by the media. There is that interview with Rachel Maddow in 2010 in which Paul admitted he opposes the provision in the Civil Rights Act that bars private businesses from denying services to black people, members of the LGBT community or any other minority group. Last year, the media revealed that Paul’s media director is a white supremacist, who expressed his views under the pseudonym “Southern Avenger”

Then there was that disastrous outreach, at Howard University, when Paul lied to students about his opposition to the Civil Rights Act.

Even if Paul manages to persuade people that he misspoke during the Maddow and Howard University debacles and somehow sweet talks people about his white supremacist staffers, it will be impossible to disentangle himself from Cliven Bundy. Of course, Paul can take solace in the fact that other Republicans, including Texas’ Greg Abbott have irrevocably tied their political fortunes to Bundy.

Things got worse for Paul during an appearance with former Obama adviser David Axelrod at the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics. During a discussion of the GOP’s vote suppression strategy, Axelrod cornered Paul into admitting that Republicans exaggerated about voter fraud. Well so much for Paul’s Tea Party base who will undoubtedly see this admission as a sign that Paul is willing to sell out conservative values.

Paul, who is fantasizing about occupying the White House in 2016, alienated establishment Republicans a long time ago and only added to that alienation when he tried to take on Dick Cheney. By admitting that Republicans exaggerate about voter fraud to justify their vote suppression strategy, he will raise the ire of his base who share Bundy’s belief that African Americans are “better off” disenfranchised and as property.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/04/24/ ... y-bus.html

More BS new stories from more BS new sources, perpetuated by a BS poster...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:50 am 

Noting the obvious hypocrisy of "Disco Douchebag's" selective quoting that he accuses everybody else here of whenever he's called out and corrected by dozens of forumers here, I take it that he denies the accuracy and validity of the Washington Time's link in which he neglected to include when he quoted me...

Quote:

...however it does prove his extreme levels of denial and highly delusional nature.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Noting the obvious hypocrisy of "Disco Douchebag's" selective quoting that he accuses everybody else here of whenever he's called out and corrected by dozens of forumers here, I take it that he denies the accuracy and validity of the Washington Time's link in which he neglected to include when he quoted me...

Quote:

...however it does prove his extreme levels of denial and highly delusional nature.

Even MORE BS new stories from more BS new sources, perpetuated by a BS poster. But this time, you insert a Washington Times article that has NOTHING to do with the pics or the supposed incident you posted above.

If the above doesn't prove you're mentally ill, NOTHING does. :roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:12 pm 

I strongly suggest turning off ALL news media for, say, 6 months. Maybe watch the sunset or something. Listen to the rain. Anything but news.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
I strongly suggest turning off ALL news media for, say, 6 months. Maybe watch the sunset or something. Listen to the rain. Anything but news.

then we'd have "I can prove rain is not wet", "sunsets are mostly in the east".
etc
TT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:53 am 

deuce wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

etc
TT

And it's all that Indonesian/Kenian guy Obamas fault

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 pm 

Donald Sterling must be a Ron/Rand Paul supporter...

Quote:
Silver: Clippers owner Sterling receives lifetime ban, fine for racist comments
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/dona ... ver-042914

Ron/Rand Paul's close buddy and political consultant, Lew Rockwell is a Sterling fan...
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/robe ... eam-owner/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm 

You're quite affected by the news media, Mr Nice Guy.

There are billionaire racists in America. It's America! But you just get swept up with what the propaganda machine feeds you, I guess. Do you have any cartoons that go deeper than the shallow, media fed surface? I mean, can you get to the root of racism and hate and the freedom to be hateful? The root. A good satirist would go a lot further than this obviousness. Where did all of this hate come from? All of this fear? What makes a man end up like our media man- in -the -spotlight- of- the- week, Mr Sterling?
You're eating right off the newspaper spoon.

They've known about Sterling for decades! He probably just finally pissed off the wrong motherfucker and now he's going down. I'm ignoring the circus. Happens every year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:48 pm 

deuce wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

etc
TT

Yeah, but it would be more informative than what we're getting. I mean, how wet is wet enough? My girlfriend probably knows.....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You're quite affected by the news media, Mr Nice Guy.

…..while you're simply *affected. :roll:

* artificial, pretentious, and designed to impress.
"the gesture appeared both affected and stagy"

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:57 pm 

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
artificial, pretentious, and designed to impress

I'm "artificial" for suggesting you turn off the news, "pretentious" for suggesting you embrace nature, and "designed to impress" because I admit that I'm human? Hmmm. And you're a "democrat", right?

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:18 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Donald Sterling must be a Ron/Rand Paul supporter...

Quote:
Silver: Clippers owner Sterling receives lifetime ban, fine for racist comments
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/dona ... ver-042914

Ron/Rand Paul's close buddy and political consultant, Lew Rockwell is a Sterling fan...
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/04/robe ... eam-owner/

Rockwell makes an interesting point.

Regardless, take your meds, asshole...

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:12 pm 

Disco Douchebag wrote:

Rockwell makes an interesting point.

Not at all surprised that you are a Lew Rockwell fan. Fits your profile to a "t"...

Quote:
Ron Paul is crazy, but his supporters are much worse
http://ronpaulsupporters.com/

Suck on THAT Disco Delusion.

Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Fri May 02, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:03 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
And you're a "democrat", right?

If you believe that, then it's just another thing about which you are wrong. Rather presumptive of you - don't you think?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 am 

I don't think we should hold a moratorium on what is "funny" or gets to the "root of the matter", or not.
I, personally, like Mr. Nice Guy's caricature posts - some I find funny, some not; they're all interesting, however IMO.
Classic caricatures usually only reveal themselves to be "classic" in hindsight, anyway - usually about 100 years in hindsight.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:49 am 

I'm sorry, I don't agree. Yes, moratoriums are a drag, even mausoleums are better. But, while the root isn't the beat-all that some think, getting there is often the best part of the ride. Oh, wait, that means I agree, hahaha.
OK then, 100 years MUST be wrong! There, now I disagree. That's better.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:25 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't agree. Yes, moratoriums are a drag, even mausoleums are better. But, while the root isn't the beat-all that some think, getting there is often the best part of the ride. Oh, wait, that means I agree, hahaha.
OK then, 100 years MUST be wrong! There, now I disagree. That's better.

May I just say that I absolutely agree with everything Arkay says above (or not) - I usually do, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:03 pm 

I suppose many things appear to be rootless. (and ruthless)

Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
And you're a "democrat", right?

If you believe that, then it's just another thing about which you are wrong. Rather presumptive of you - don't you think?

I was asking you a question. See the question mark? Hardly presumptuous.

Caputh wrote:
I don't think we should hold a moratorium on what is "funny" or gets to the "root of the matter", or not.

What I had in mind was simply a post from MR Nice Guy that went below the shallow surface of the wretched news media.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:01 pm 

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
...Rockwell makes an interesting point.

Not at all surprised that you are a Lew Rockwell fan. Fits your profile to a "t"...

I NEVER said I was a Rockwell fan. I said he makes an interesting point, regardless if he ends up being correct about it or not.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Quote:
Ron Paul is crazy, but his supporters are much worse
http://ronpaulsupporters.com/

Suck on THAT Disco Delusion.

More mentally ill crap posted by the most mentally ill person on this forum...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:22 am 

Keep up the good work, Spacebro' Your smear tactics are making me sympathetic to Disco Boy.
Surely not what you intended!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:46 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
I was asking you a question. See the question mark? Hardly presumptuous.

You were requesting affirmation of your presumption.

"Are you a Democrat?" (example of the question you didn't ask)

"And you're a "democrat", right?" (what you actually wrote, which is the requested affirmation of your presumption)

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be posting pictures (worth a thousand words) than having an argument with a linguistically challenged person, such as you.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:53 am 

Why was it jimmie d got banned?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 97  Next