Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 108  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 531
Location: Over there! (last)
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
I was asking you a question. See the question mark? Hardly presumptuous.

You were requesting affirmation of your presumption.

"Are you a Democrat?" (example of the question you didn't ask)

"And you're a "democrat", right?" (what you actually wrote, which is the requested affirmation of your presumption)

If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be posting pictures (worth a thousand words) than having an argument with a linguistically challenged person, such as you.


*********************************************************************************

A rope leash wrote:
Why was it jimmie d got banned?

Now, that's what I call a question. 8)

_________________
Image Nothing is permanent but change.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3551
A rope leash wrote:
Why was it jimmie d got banned?


narcissism


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4813
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
brainpang wrote:
A rope leash wrote:
Why was it jimmie d got banned?


narcissism


Bloody hell! I must be pretty close to being banned, then. And Disco Boy, SPACEBROTHER, Jaypfunk and Trendmonger must be as good as banned.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2283
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
If it's all the same to you, I'd rather be posting pictures (worth a thousand words) than having an argument with a linguistically challenged person, such as you.

It's not possible to have an argument with me because I don't argue.

Your pictures are not worth a damn. If I'm linguistically challenged I guess that makes you illiterate. No wonder you post pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 531
Location: Over there! (last)
ipso facto

Image

Man looking for an argument: I'd like to have an argument, please.
Receptionist: Certainly, sir. Have you been here before?
Man looking for an argument: No, this is my first time.
Receptionist: I see. Do you want to have the full argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?
Man looking for an argument: Well, what would be the cost?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

_________________
Image Nothing is permanent but change.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
I came here for the abuse.

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
...because a couple of people here are so afraid of the truth and can't handle it, out of pure desperation, that they want to divert the discussion of this thread away from the original subject at hand and change the focus towards individuals from the forum...back on point...

Quote:
Racists Love Ron and Rand Paul for Some Reason

One strange thing about Ron and Rand Paul is that racists keep popping up in their inner circles... Ron Paul was surrounded by neo-Confederates and published a virulently racist newsletter. Libertarians attracted to his candidacy condemned the newsletters but treated their existence as a kind of indiscretion. “Paul's wrongdoing is rooted in political opportunism, negligence, and failure to disassociate himself with racists, not racism itself,” wrote Conor Friedersdorf. Reason’s Nick Gillespie echoed, “The appeal of Paul in the here and now has absolutely nothing to do with the newsletters.” Timothy Carney waved away Paul’s “indiscretions.” It’s as if Paul’s campaign manager turned out to have a huge cocaine problem.

But his son and progeny Rand Paul also has a close aide who is a huge racist, reports Alana Goodman. Jack Hunter, author, with Rand Paul, of The Tea Party Goes to Washington, is not just kinda bigoted in an uncomfortable, old-guy sort of way. He’s a serious neo-Confederate.

In one 2004 commentary, Hunter said Lincoln assassin John Wilkes Booth’s heart was “in the right place.”


“Although Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth’s heart was in the right place, the Southern Avenger does regret that Lincoln’s murder automatically turned him into a martyr,” he said in 2004.

He later wrote that he “raise[s] a personal toast every May 10 to celebrate John Wilkes Booth’s birthday.”

He also compared Lincoln to Saddam Hussein and suggested that the 16th president would have had a romantic relationship with Adolf Hitler if the two met.

Now, obviously, you can like Ron and Rand Paul without being the slightest bit racist. Very, very few Rand Paul fans are glad Abraham Lincoln was shot. At the same time, the logic of southern white supremacy and the logic of libertarianism run along very similar lines. They both express themselves in terms of opposition to federal power and support for states’ rights.

Segregation was in large part a policy of government, not the free market. But it took intrusive federal power to destroy segregation. Barry Goldwater expressed his opposition to the 1964 Civil Rights Act in classically race-neutral, anti-big-government terms. The deep connection between the Pauls and the neo-Confederate movement doesn’t discredit their ideas, but it’s also not just an indiscretion. It’s a reflection of the fact that white supremacy is a much more important historical constituency for anti-government ideas than libertarians like to admit.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... eason.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2283
Mr. Nice Guy wrote:
Image



I must admit I like that picture.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
because a couple of people here are so afraid of the truth and can't handle it, out of pure desperation, that they want to divert the discussion of this thread away from the original subject at hand and change the focus towards individuals from the forum...back on point...

I hope you're not referring to me because I already know that Ron Paul and his son are worthless politicians. What you never acknowledge is that it's the politicians who are the ones distracting from the truth. Distracting people from the truth is the presidents entire job.

Here is some entertaining racism from Gil Scott Heron......Whitey On The Moon. I'm sure you'll love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1447
Location: Huntingdon, TN
downer mydnyte wrote:
What you never acknowledge is that it's the politicians who are the ones distracting from the truth. Distracting people from the truth is the presidents entire job.


At least somebody on here understands how it works.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Actually, I've acknowledged that about politicians and on more than one occasion. Again, this thread isn't about the president. It's about Ron and Rand Paul, who they really are and the nut jobs who refuse to see them for who and what they really are.


open question...

What is it about Ron/Rand Paul and the Libertarian party that attracts terrorist militias, white supremacist hate groups and kooky conspiracy theorists?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2283
Philostopher wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
What you never acknowledge is that it's the politicians who are the ones distracting from the truth. Distracting people from the truth is the presidents entire job.


At least somebody on here understands how it works.

Thanks for the recognition, man. You seem quite sane yourself. :)

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
What is it about Ron/Rand Paul and the Libertarian party that attracts terrorist militias, white supremacist hate groups and kooky conspiracy theorists?

The same qualities that compelled you to start a thread about him. Some people like to wallow in shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
As a tongue and cheek expression and blanket response, "wallowing in shit" can widely define just about every person and scenario, but the answers I'm looking for are specifics as to precisely what it is about Ron/Rand Paul and the Libertarian party that attracts terrorist militia groups, white supremacists and paranoia stricken conspiracy theorists and specifically why they are drawn to the two of them and the party they are closely associated with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1447
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Without personally knowing any of the people you are a questioning about, a blanket response is all one can give you. You are asking for character traits that only the people who actually know them would know. So, I give you another blanket response. Kooks attract other kooks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1822
You callin' me a kook?

What is it about Ron Paul that attracts thousands of young people? He's very big on campus, or was during the election.

I'm an old longhair hippie-type liberal athiest. Why do I like him?

It's freedom, stupid...freedom from stupid government that spends all our treasure on a giant war machine. Fuck the Federal government, and fuck the "united states", and fuck everyone that thinks these are "good" establishments. They are not. They are designed to keep you down and to take your money and to kill your kid in some stupid conflict for nothing!

Here we go to Kiev! The people don't want it, but we are still going...or acting like we will. You call that "government by the people"? It is not. Ron Paul gave the the opportunity to cut back this monster, but little crybabies that need a cradle-to grave government diapers made well sure that Ron Paul was degraded, dismissed, and discarded. He brought together the potheads and the gun nuts...something the War Party could not tolerate.

I don't care if you don't see it that way. Your are stupid. The government has made sure of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
When you say that "gun nuts" are attracted to Ron Paul, you do realize that the gun/arms industry in America represents 44% of all weapons sales that promote global war, right? By supporting the gun industry, you are supporting the worlds single biggest pro-war corporate lobbyists. Wars are highly profitable for the gun industry.

Quote:



...but to get back to the question, why does, and what is it about Ron/Rand Paul and the Libertarian party that attracts white supremacist groups, racists, homophobes and militia terrorist groups?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1447
Location: Huntingdon, TN
A rope leash wrote:
You callin' me a kook?

What is it about Ron Paul that attracts thousands of young people? He's very big on campus, or was during the election.

I'm an old longhair hippie-type liberal athiest. Why do I like him?

It's freedom, stupid...freedom from stupid government that spends all our treasure on a giant war machine. Fuck the Federal government, and fuck the "united states", and fuck everyone that thinks these are "good" establishments. They are not. They are designed to keep you down and to take your money and to kill your kid in some stupid conflict for nothing!

Here we go to Kiev! The people don't want it, but we are still going...or acting like we will. You call that "government by the people"? It is not. Ron Paul gave the the opportunity to cut back this monster, but little crybabies that need a cradle-to grave government diapers made well sure that Ron Paul was degraded, dismissed, and discarded. He brought together the potheads and the gun nuts...something the War Party could not tolerate.

I don't care if you don't see it that way. Your are stupid. The government has made sure of it.


You sure did read a lot into a 3 sentence post. Where in the fuck did I call you a kook? Spacebro used the word kook when referring to terrorist militias, white supremacist hate groups, and in his words "KOOKY CONSPIRACY THEORISTS". But, to be honest. If you belong to any of those groups, then I would say that you are kook. Being an "OLD LONGHAIR HIPPIE-TYPE LIBERAL ATHEIST" {your words, not mine}, does not make you a kook. And, I see nowhere in my post where I even insinuated that.

And, what part of my 3 sentence post shows any kind of support for the federal government? You have quite the imagination to come up with all those accusations, and then to call me stupid on top of that.

I can elaborate further if you like, but right now I have to cook my son's dinner. Just so you know, I paid for all the ingredients in his dinner. Because that government you think I feel so highly about does nothing about my deadbeat ex-wife. I bet they would do something if it was me that was the deadbeat though. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2283
A rope leash wrote:
What is it about Ron Paul that attracts thousands of young people? He's very big on campus, or was during the election.

I'm an old longhair hippie-type liberal athiest. Why do I like him?


C'mon Rope. R&R Paul tell the gullible young people and longhair hippie types exactly what they want to hear. Just because the Paul's know what you want to hear is not a very good reason to trust them. In fact, it's a red flag. It's so obvious what disenfranchised people want to hear. Why not sell 'em a bunch of horseshit about freedom etc. They're too easy! These politicians say whatever they have to say to get votes and then, if elected, they toe the fucking line or get destroyed. He wont live up to things he says if the oligarchy actually allows him to be president, which they are never going to do anyway. He's their stooge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:48 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14917
Is there a certain point where everyone acknowledges that nobody will change their mind on this issue and just let it go? Has anybody read an argument on the internet and thought "Wow, that's a perfect explanation, I've been wrong on this issue all along"? I understand political debate is essential, but this shit's been rubbed into the ground....

I'm just curious, I'll let you return to your regularly scheduled program.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3565
Location: Vancouver, BC
A rope leash wrote:
You callin' me a kook?

What is it about Ron Paul that attracts thousands of young people? He's very big on campus, or was during the election.

I'm an old longhair hippie-type liberal athiest. Why do I like him?

It's freedom, stupid...freedom from stupid government that spends all our treasure on a giant war machine. Fuck the Federal government, and fuck the "united states", and fuck everyone that thinks these are "good" establishments. They are not. They are designed to keep you down and to take your money and to kill your kid in some stupid conflict for nothing!

Here we go to Kiev! The people don't want it, but we are still going...or acting like we will. You call that "government by the people"? It is not. Ron Paul gave the the opportunity to cut back this monster, but little crybabies that need a cradle-to grave government diapers made well sure that Ron Paul was degraded, dismissed, and discarded. He brought together the potheads and the gun nuts...something the War Party could not tolerate.

I don't care if you don't see it that way. Your are stupid. The government has made sure of it.


Very well put.

downer mydnyte wrote:
R&R Paul tell the gullible young people and longhair hippie types exactly what they want to hear. Just because the Paul's know what you want to hear is not a very good reason to trust them. In fact, it's a red flag. It's so obvious what disenfranchised people want to hear. Why not sell 'em a bunch of horseshit about freedom etc. They're too easy! These politicians say whatever they have to say to get votes and then, if elected, they toe the fucking line or get destroyed. He wont live up to things he says if the oligarchy actually allows him to be president, which they are never going to do anyway. He's their stooge.


This is unfuckingbelivable. Yet ANOTHER moronic rant.

Regardless if you like him or not, ever since he's been a Libertarian, apart from the death penalty (which he doesn't support any more), Ron Paul has ALWAYS been steadfast with his beliefs/platform. Do you honestly think if RP were only wanting to win more votes that he'd even consider constructing a platform like the one he has?!

You are one stupid motherfucker.


Meanwhile...tweedle-dumb is still trying to figure out the difference between RP's personal beliefs & his platform...

calvin2hikers wrote:
Has anybody read an argument on the internet and thought "Wow, that's a perfect explanation, I've been wrong on this issue all along"?


There's plenty of them out there. But they're egos can't handle it.

Denial is a crazy thing...

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5741
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
One. More. Time. For. The. World...

What is it about Ron & Rand Paul and the Libertarian party that attracts the terrorist militias, white supremacist hate groups and kooky conspiracy theorists?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1447
Location: Huntingdon, TN
calvin2hikers wrote:
Is there a certain point where everyone acknowledges that nobody will change their mind on this issue and just let it go? Has anybody read an argument on the internet and thought "Wow, that's a perfect explanation, I've been wrong on this issue all along"? I understand political debate is essential, but this shit's been rubbed into the ground....

I'm just curious, I'll let you return to your regularly scheduled program.


I'm quite capable of changing my opinion on an issue via the opinion's of other people. First of all. The person has to be tolerant of my opinion, instead of just attacking me for it and calling me stupid. If I have to go on the defensive, I will shut down and not be open to the other viewpoint. That's just human nature. It's also off putting to me when people try to read things that aren't there in my posts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 8424
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Don't take it to heart Philo' some of these guys read between the lines and think they know exactly what you really mean.

Oh and they love to add the little insult, which of course degrades any sensible argument they might have been making.

Some of the opinions they poot forth are so insane they belong way over on the wet side of the bad joke thread.......... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 4:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1447
Location: Huntingdon, TN
Thanks GG! It doesn't really bother me that much. Because at the end of the day, none of it pays my rent. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:14 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14917
Disco Boy wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
Has anybody read an argument on the internet and thought "Wow, that's a perfect explanation, I've been wrong on this issue all along"?


There's plenty of them out there. But they're egos can't handle it.

Denial is a crazy thing...


Okay, so, never?

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 6:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18777
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Gray_Ghost wrote:
Don't take it to heart Philo' some of these guys read between the lines and think they know exactly what you really mean.

Oh and they love to add the little insult, which of course degrades any sensible argument they might have been making.

Some of the opinions they poot forth are so insane they belong way over on the wet side of the bad joke thread.......... :wink:

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum!
Can you provide links to any studies that back that up?
Didn't think so.
Loser!

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2695 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 108  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], calvin2hikers and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group