Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:41 am 

Greetings to my fellow forum members!!!
Sorry I haven't been on the forum for awhile but lots of things have been happening in our lives that have prevented me from my posting duties here.
To start I am almost completed my book which has been a nightmare for me.
I've been going back and forth on it for quite some time now (does anybody REALLY want to read about the history of High-End Audio?)
Secondly my family and I have left Whitestone, Queens after only six months and just closed on a place in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania right by Camelback Ski Resort. It's really beautiful and the air is sooooo clean!!! Plus we just purchased to Yamaha snow mobiles for the rough winter ahead. I have accepted a job at WYOU (a CBS affliate) and everything seems to be going smoothly there as well. Hope everyone is well in here too!!!
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and girls regularly now that things seem to be settling down in my life.
Any good meltdowns happening?
Will try and post as often as I can.....
All the Best to my forum buddies....
G.C. and family.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 am 

Hello Galoot! Good to hear from you. How are the twins?! Unfortunately the chat (literally) won't be possible since they pulled out the chat room, no one really knows why. But all here has been pretty much as always, more spam than usual though. All the best, and coincidentally enough I've been self-initiating on the Art of Audio (and with a little help from some friends), I surely look forward checking your book! Congrats...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:00 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Hello Galoot! Good to hear from you. How are the twins?! Unfortunately the chat (literally) won't be possible since they pulled out the chat room, no one really knows why. But all here has been pretty much as always, more spam than usual though. All the best, and coincidentally enough I've been self-initiating on the Art of Audio (and with a little help from some friends), I surely look forward checking your book! Congrats...

Thanks Mr. GG!!
Twins are walking and talking already and soon to be terrorizing all of Monroe County!!
Stephanie will be working out of Easton as a legal drug dealer.... :mrgreen:
Book should be published by 6/11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:38 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Sorry I haven't been on the forum for awhile but lots of things have been happening in our lives that have prevented me from my posting duties here.
I've been going back and forth on it for quite some time now (does anybody REALLY want to read about the history of High-End Audio?)
Secondly my family and I have left Whitestone, Queens after only six months and just closed on a place in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania right by Camelback Ski Resort. It's really beautiful and the air is sooooo clean!!! Plus we just purchased to Yamaha snow mobiles for the rough winter ahead. I have accepted a job at WYOU (a CBS affliate) and everything seems to be going smoothly there as well. Hope everyone is well in here too!!!
Looking forward to chatting with you guys and girls regularly now that things seem to be settling down in my life.
G.C. and family.

Good to see you post, I was a boy scout counselor at a summer camp on the Delaware not far from east stroudsburg, great country, great hunting. There use to be an outfit by the river called, hot dog johnny's
I wonder is it still there they had great hot dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:49 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
G.C. and family.

Good to see you post, I was a boy scout counselor at a summer camp on the Delaware not far from east stroudsburg, great country, great hunting. There use to be an outfit by the river called, hot dog johnny's
I wonder is it still there they had great hot dogs.

Yes it's great country....saw my first Bobcat the other day 25 feet from my front door!!!!
Lots of Deer in my backyard too.
BTW we are actually living in Reeders in Jackson Township. Stroudsburg is just the mailing address.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 am 

Very cool, as I recall take 80 across the gap go down to hiway 46 and check out the best hot dog dive west of NYC. Should be about 20 minutes from you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:52 am 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
Very cool, as I recall take 80 across the gap go down to hiway 46 and check out the best hot dog dive west of NYC. Should be about 20 minutes from you.

YES!!!! Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville.......Awesome Dogs and Rootbeer too!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 am 

Welcome back! Your sonics are always appreciated! :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:33 pm 

I for one would be interested! Please let me know where and when I can buy one!

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:50 pm 

Long time no type, Jon. Welcome back good buddy. Making the transition from NYC to rural Pennsylvania should be an interisting one. How you gonna sleep without all the sounds of traffic, and other loud noises? Hope the crickets don't drive you nuts. You're gonna have some great vantage points for viewing the night sky now that you've moved away from all that light pollution of the big city. Damn, you won't belive the number of visible stars in the night sky on a clear night. While I'm at it....Holy shitballs! You ridin' around on a snowmobile... that is going to be a nice transition from teeth-gnashing-white-knuckle-traffic-street-hassle. I don't think anyone should flip you off in the woods. Haha. Into the great wide open, under the skies of blue.

Wow there's hardly anything fun to do since they made music illegal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:53 pm 

Good to see you post again.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:54 pm 

WB GC!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:40 pm 

Hiya Galoot,missed your dials! Cool to hear your going to Green Acres from Queens.It's gotta be a nice change.Carefull on those snowmobiles,and watch out for Bob the cat! Salud bro'. 8) :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:15 pm 

Hi Galoot,

I lived in Reeders on 715 a few miles out of Tannersville(a few clicks from Stroudsburg, on the other side of Bartonsville) and had a neat view of Camelback from my living room. I lived in the first house on the left on Cays Road. I enjoyed it out there and though Camelback didn't have a huge vertical, you can't beat a ski lift a few miles from home. Check out The Tannersville Inn for dinner(:

I still go back there sometimes. We had a great front porch and cocktail hour was daily at 5 pm with whomever showed up.

So nice and calm there, you'll love it...it's a way of life :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:17 pm 

I wondered why you weren't posting as you were one of the more active members here. Welcome back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:50 pm 

Hey Galoot! Great to see you again!
Don't worry about the melt-downs, we have plenty. That is, there's one member who is having fun flooding every active topic with inanity. I'm trying to post beyond that, but methinks zappa.com is definitely beyond its best days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:17 am 

Thanks everyone for such a warm "welcome back" :D
The transisition has been pretty smooth moving up here.
BTW baddy.... I can see Camelback from my livingroom window overlooking Mountain Spring Lake. I drive up Cays Road everyday (do you know The Raiders?). Ever been to Christines Bar beneath La Vina Restaurant? It takes some time to get use to the "Cutterman" (redneck) mentality though. Who knows, maybe someday soon I'll be sporting a mullet myself!!! :P
And yes we have had dinner at Tannersville Inn and Seafood at Smugglers Cove and great steaks at Baileys in Mt. Pocono

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:08 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
BTW baddy.... I can see Camelback from my livingroom window overlooking Mountain Spring Lake. I drive up Cays Road everyday (do you know The Raiders?). Ever been to Christines Bar beneath La Vina Restaurant? It takes some time to get use to the "Cutterman" (redneck) mentality though. Who knows, maybe someday soon I'll be sporting a mullet myself!!! :P
And yes we have had dinner at Tannersville Inn and Seafood at Smugglers Cove and great steaks at Baileys in Mt. Pocono

Boy, I knew first names that knew the Cays. I knew Mrs Cays quite well and her son Bob not as well, (don't ever take any hot chili peppers from his garden). It was 22 years ago so I'm a bit foggy on it. I went to Christines all the time, it was so close to home I'd stop in all the time. The Raiders, that's familiar, butIi just can't place it...was that John who lived across the street and down little from the Cays?, (I lived in the apartment in the rear of Mrs. Cays').

The first floor, on the corner closest to the camera was my living room...my bedroom was behind it..."The Porch" was where we had cocktail hour. I'm guessing Mrs. Cays is no longer with us and I'm afraid to ask...God Bless Katherine Cays :lol:

Boy, small world huh? A buried out of the way little used road in the middle of nowhere with 15 cars a day is where I lived, and you drive down the road every day, what a riot!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:17 am 

baddy wrote:
Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:

Boy, I knew first names that knew the Cays. I knew Mrs Cays quite well and her son Bob not as well, (don't ever take any hot chili peppers from his garden). It was 22 years ago so I'm a bit foggy on it. I went to Christines all the time, it was so close to home I'd stop in all the time. The Raiders, that's familiar, butIi just can't place it...was that John who lived across the street and down little from the Cays?, (I lived in the apartment in the rear of Mrs. Cays').

The first floor, on the corner closest to the camera was my living room...my bedroom was behind it..."The Porch" was where we had cocktail hour. I'm guessing Mrs. Cays is no longer with us and I'm afraid to ask...God Bless Katherine Cays :lol:

Boy, small world huh? A buried out of the way little used road in the middle of nowhere with 15 cars a day is where I lived, and you drive down the road every day, what a riot!

HOLY SHIT!!!! you lived there? I know that house!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 am 

I only lived there two years but I had a great time there, it was WONDERFUL! I wish I could still live there!

What a beautiful area(((:

"A real nice place to bring yer kidz up!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 am 

Hiya Galoot! Welcome back to the monkey house!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:54 am 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
HOLY SHIT!!!! you lived there? I know that house!!!!! LMFAO!!!!

And a bit of noistalgia for the old folks...

Lol, too bad you never got to see the Alpen-hof, (alias the "huff and puff"). It was a monsterous, decrepid inn that had seen it's day about 60 years ago but they still kept the bar open. It was on the main drag near the Tannersvill Inn, (opposite side of the road, across from the hardware store). It was one of those places with an awful reputation that you could just have a ball in :lol:

It finally burned down I heard, (after I left...lol, somebody probably left a cigarette goin' on the pool table while they went outside for a fight, hahaha).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 am 

The Legendary Tannersville Inn.
Watch out for the chickens!!!
BTW baddy.... still have the $9.95 Prime Rib dinner every Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm 

LOl, Pocono picture association...

Galoot wrote:

and from baddy's lens...

and a favotite door...
(blurry cuz I was on my bike)...

Little known Reeders story: They had a dog that was up in the attic one day when the window was open, (the third story window on the opposite side)...The dog kinda fritzed out and went haul assin across the room and out the window and down three stories...and SURVIVED!

I also met a stewardess in there who was the only survivor of an American Airlines crash.

Moral of the story:
Drink at Christines!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 pm 

Hey man! Yes I am very interested in high end audio! (especially vintage early solid state) I have the first model of silicon receiver and my system has grown quite wonderfully since last talking to you. I almost got killed by a car and just met with my lawyer today.