Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:28 am 

Well, it's kind of a nasty review but the writer probably expected the Flo and Eddie band..  <br><br>And Curtis Mayfield was also an incredible musician and songwriter, at least in my book. Different style of music, that's for sure, but definitely a talented guy. Wish I could have been at that concert...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:15 am 

<br>[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=general&num=1034831889&start=0#1 date=10/17/02 at 10:04:18]<br><br>This half-wit named Juan had his head right up his ass. What an annoying review. Zappa's tunes easily BLOW AWAY anyone who happens to be playing other music anywhere in the vicinity. Just goes to show you what a terrible, digressive effect the mass media's propagated musical "trends" can have on a weak mind.<br><br><br>CF<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>The writing is pretty awful, isn't it?  Totally unfair to Frank, just dismissing his effort with "I failed to sympathize with his outpurings."  Why, numbnuts?  Why??<br>I guess I can see how FZ music is not "memorable" to people with two-minutes-fifty-seconds attention spans.