Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:06 pm 

I'm here. I've been a fan so long I have half his stuff on vinyl.<br>Maybe it's our testosterone levels that make us fans(!).<br>(it's a joke)<br>Think females are conditioned/told to like those dreaded love songs about unhealthy relations and failed love affairs. Then they can go make themselves cry. Isn't that what girls "do".<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 2:56 pm 

[quote author=catpuke link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=15#25 date=10/15/02 at 17:06:55]<br>Think females are conditioned/told to like those dreaded love songs about unhealthy relations and failed love affairs. Then they can go make themselves cry. Isn't that what girls "do".<br>[/quote]Oh,I thought girls just want to have fun..<br><br>~<br><br>Or,maybe they all love the music,but just don't like us....<br>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:19 pm 

Could be all or some of the above, sir g.  :-X

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:51 am 

Wow, so.........mysterious.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:18 am 

Yeah, I'm more like a Sir Nose D'voidoffunk when it comes to dancing (P-funk fans will know what I'm talkin' about: "I will never dance, I will never dance...")

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:15 am 

<br>[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=0#12 date=10/14/02 at 12:34:33]<br>"I tend to agree with you fully. But nonetheless, could it be also like a "genetic" difference.  I think both factors are at work here: a social problem & some basic differences in hardware..."<br><br>See what I mean about sexism and indoctrination? [/quote]<br>Dear Ronny, I am not a sexist nor am I indoctrinated.  Of course there are social laws & mechanisme at work here that make that most Zappa-fans (maybe most music-fans in general) are male.  I only asked the question wether there could be some other mechanisms at work here too, like biological mechanisms.  <br>These 2 mechanisms (social & biological) are in my opinion conplementary.  It's not or/or but and/and. There even might be other mechanisms, indeed situtuated in the character of Franks music itself, as some others indicated.<br><br>For your information, women are genetically (and even on a more 'macro' scale, also, e.g. the penis, the beard, the breasts) different from men.  Saying that these differences don't play a role is completely contrary to all contemporary psychological & biological insights.<br>Your "polical correct" reaction to my allegdely sexist question was beside the point I'm afraid. <br>There is nothing sexist about saying that there are differences between man and women. Sexist would be that I wouldn't respect women for their differences, etc. etc.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:16 am 

<br>[quote author=sir_galoot link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=15#28 date=10/16/02 at 04:51:28]<br>Wow, so.........mysterious.<br><br>[/quote]<br>Only to the mouth breathing mound dweller ;D.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:33 am 

<br>[quote author=Dances link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=0#6 date=10/14/02 at 05:57:34]<br>Can't speak for all women but my girlfriend for one thinks posting on message boards is a stupid waste of time. <br>[/quote]<br><br>must be so for many. But, women are considered the more communicative sex...hm?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:34 am 

<br>[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=30#34 date=10/16/02 at 16:26:19]<br><br><br> <br><br>Sorry about the verbiage. Sometimes I can't stop. Blathering R us!!!<br><br>[/quote]<br>I don't think you've blathered at all. I'm amazed at the patience you have to explain things.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:15 am 

<br>[quote author=ZF link=board=general&num=1034556402&start=45#47 date=10/18/02 at 07:58:03]<br>"Most people* wouldn't know good music if it came up and bit them in the ass"[/quote]<br><br>"That's right, you've heard right" -- FZ. ;)<br><br>By the way, I've searched the net for scientific research on gender differences in music taste but, not surprisingly, I didn't find very much. Of course, it would be incredibly hard to test if differences in taste are caused by genetics because you just can't discard the social influences in an experimental setting. <br>