Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:05 am 

I saw Page and Plant on their tour with those Indian musicians a couple of years ago. Great concert, although both Page and Plant sounded a bit rusty. Those Indian guys were incredible. I think it's cool that they're going to tour under the LZ name again, now: lets hope that they'll visit Europe too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:13 am 

<br>[quote author=white_person link=board=general&num=1034746250&start=0#6 date=10/16/02 at 08:30:08]<br><br>The sound sucks.<br>I like to see and hear concerts in arenas as opposed to stadiums, and in theatres as opposed to arenas, and in clubs as opposed to theatres.<br>If I'm gonna shell out $200 (don't be surprised) for a Zep ticket, watching them on a Jumbotron wouldn't be how I'd prefer to see it. I hope they broadcast a show on radio or TV, then I can just stay home and tape it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>The sound is horrible in stadium settings, it takes hours to park, get frisked, enter and find your seat, and the refreshments are bland and expensive.<br><br>I haven't been to a stadium show since McCartney (please don't laugh) around '89.  Once you've been to the fabulous 9:30 Club in Washington D.C., almost nothing else can compare!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:22 am 

... I also cannot begin to imagine how poor their show will be if they do this.  Who the hell can play drums for Led Zeppelin now and pull it off??<br>Jason Bonham is definitely not the right guy for the task.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:20 pm 

<br>[quote author=white_person link=board=general&num=1034746250&start=15#16 date=10/16/02 at 20:45:44]<br><br><br>Hey, we'll know for sure come April or May '03, I guess. Today's denial could well be next summer's football stadium mega-cash grab Zep tour.<br>The article did say they've all kissed and made up...one step closer!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Reminds me of many years ago when Ace Frehley said that there was going to be a reunion of the original Kiss lineup in full makeup and Gene Simmons denied it.<br><br>In the meantime, I'm pretty excited because I just got tickets for the Van Halen reunion tour.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 5:00 am 

<br>[quote author=white_person link=board=general&num=1034746250&start=0#1 date=10/15/02 at 22:40:29]<br>They're only in it for the money.<br><br>I saw JPJ open for Crimson a few times in 2001. He blew that Plant/Page crap out of the water. Criminy, I was there for Crimson, my favorite touring band, and he blew them out of the water! [/quote]<br><br><br>I echo your sentiments exactly. I always thought JPJ was the most talented in Zeppelin back in the day too. But, since his personality is so laid back, he didn't seem to flaunt it as well as the other three.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:25 pm 

???<br>Come on folks. What goin on here? All this about JPJ bein the main man an all that. Agreed, he was an integral part in those days BUT, lets be honest. Who were LZ in the main? First, RP followed very closely by JP. Like, one without the other was, well, nothin as we know from the individual efforts. I just bought RP's latest "Dreamland". Christ, its hard goin! P&P had a chance but, on their own, no.<br>So, in short, any reunion of P&P playin the old stuff, creaky voice and the odd bum notes an all, and, providin the drummer, whoever he may be can keep up, GON YERSELS I say! I want to see / hear it!  ;D and, who really cares about the money. We are all jealous an thats that.