Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:04 pm 

I have played with and mixed for an Australian Zappa tribute band "Petulant Frenzy". Wondering what others are out there?<br>And how do you feel about it? Good/Bad Revues??<br>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 10:41 pm 

i've been living in oz for 15 years and can't say i've heard of petulant frenzy. where did you play? there's a pub band in melbourne called the grand wazoo, but they're just a r'n'b band - no fz stuff, apparently. the closest i've been able to get was seeing alan zavod - one of the newspapers here said he'd be playing some zappa stuff, but he didn't. good show tho.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 11:55 am 

Check out http://www.fzle.dk<br>I saw them live once and after one song I forgot I was watching a tribute band. They are just as good and just as funny. Awesome band.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:58 pm 

Yeah, Project/Object is pretty cool,but to totally diss the poor GRANDMOTHERS....they are only as good as their side men.Don Preston is pretty cool solo,and I know when I saw the GRANDMOTHERS last Halloween they suffered severely from adding Billy Mundi on drums(he was not well practised,to say the least!)..but these guys(especially Don Preston) were the ORIGINAL CREW!  Give 'em a break..they're just trying to have fun.Don Preston's "Vile Foamy Liquid"CD was a great one,and his Sci-Fi movie(The name has slipped me...Balls!HA!)from the Uncle Meat era has Conceptual Continuity links galore in it,and is a HOOT,ta boot,too!   <br>   The Ed Palermo's Big Band smoked Projet/Object's ass when I caught them locally...damn they were HOT! :oMike Kineally was on geetar,'n' like I said they KICKED ASS! <br>    This forum leads me to rant 'n' rave....forgive me .....I'll step out a da box 'n' let the nex' fool say a word or 2!