Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:57 pm 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=general;num=1043188694;start=15#19 date=01/22/03 at 17:08:31]I would say an altogether sad thread, but it makes for lively discourse--which I'm all for. Mungo, although I don't  agree with you on most of your points, thank you for pointing out that I did not mean I was for killing gays and lesbians.When I wrote "one less 'queer'", I was using the mind-set of those who feel that way--to show  their true colors, not mine. Them, I'm sorry you thought I think that--I most definately do NOT. Did anyone else think that? I figured most would get my point.Forget I mentioned it. Rise for the flag salute.[/quote]<br>I thought it was pretty clear you weren't advocating gay killings.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:29 pm 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=general;num=1043188694;start=15#19 date=01/22/03 at 17:08:31] --I most definately do NOT. Did anyone else think that? I figured most would get my point.Forget I mentioned it. Rise for the flag salute.[/quote]<br>I knew just what you meant..<br><br>BUT-- I had a co-worker say that to me (or something to that affect)  right after that happened, only she was serious.....To say the least I about fell over!<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:21 am 

yikes galoot , nearly fell over - what yer made off man - and from tornado alley too - how dyer cope in tornado season . <br> <br>hate crime , thought crime its all the same. in school at age of 14 we read "animal farm" by george orwell, it was a critique of the ussr , how those who claim to be liberators of the people and revolutionise of behalf of the oppressed turn out to be equally bad , if not worse, once in power themselves. <br><br>the analogy between that book and here aint exact but once you start tryin to split people up , make laws for some not others it all goes wrong. all people deserve equall protection under the law - laws in the places wes live gives em that. thats cool. <br><br>anyway , i still dont know what a hate crime is , or how you define it in respect to already existing laws. somebody draft me a few sample hate crimes , then id know what exactly wes all on about.<br><br><br>mungo <br>