Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:36 am 

But, can you spell it upsides down ¿

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:32 am 

Black Sabbath: Heaven & Hell<br>Deicide: In hell I burn<br>Slayer:Jesus saves ;)<br>Marduk: Jesus christ...sodomized :o<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:09 am 

[quote author=Suomalainen link=board=general;num=1041832612;start=30#35 date=01/11/03 at 02:32:54]Marduk: Jesus christ...sodomized [/quote]<br><br>Image<br><br>fair enough album cover if you ask me ! <br>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:20 am 

Image<br><br>time to decide which side yr on... those cracky scandinavian bands are coming !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:34 pm 

I'm surprised that no one is willing in debatting this 'God has lost the game to Lucifer' thing I was trying to propose as a  thread. I guess maybe we're all atheist, from another religion, or don't care anyway. But I thought there would be some to take God's side or whatever ?...   8)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:28 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1041832612;start=30#39 date=01/11/03 at 22:34:06]I'm surprised that no one is willing in debatting this 'God has lost the game to Lucifer' thing I was trying to propose as a  thread. I guess maybe we're all atheist, from another religion, or don't care anyway. But I thought there would be some to take God's side or whatever ?...   8)<br>[/quote]When you're playing with fictitious characters you need to introduce some other stimuli or the subject will die on the table. <br>

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:50 am 

[quote author=dean link=board=general;num=1041832612;start=30#40 date=01/12/03 at 16:28:28]<br>When you're playing with fictitious characters you need to introduce some other stimuli or the subject will die on the table. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Fictitious characters ? Let's say it was, and still is, a big part of our background, whether you believe it or not. I thought the idea would tickle some and they may had some thougts to pile on. After all, the idea is that God, in a numerical sense, has lost. And all that jazz is about an allmighty God. He shouldn't lose, right ? <br><br>And I wonder what kind of stimuli I would have added to make it more 'stimuling'. God doing a strip-tease ? Satan in lingerie ?   ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:29 pm 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1041832612;start=30#42 date=01/13/03 at 09:57:33]If God dropped acid, would he see people? -- George Carlin[/quote]<br> This thread could turn out as 'The most bizarre things God could do' or 'What Satan does in his leisure time'.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:42 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1041832612;start=30#41 date=01/13/03 at 08:50:31]<br><br>Fictitious characters ? Let's say it was, and still is, a big part of our background, whether you believe it or not. I thought the idea would tickle some and they may had some thougts to pile on. After all, the idea is that God, in a numerical sense, has lost. And all that jazz is about an allmighty God. He shouldn't lose, right ? <br><br>And I wonder what kind of stimuli I would have added to make it more 'stimuling'. God doing a strip-tease ? Satan in lingerie ?   ;D [/quote]Sorry, didn't mean to offend.  Yes, it can be entertaining to talk about God vs. the Devil in a hypothetical sense or symbolically or whatever.  My point is that when you start talking about subjects like this or other fairy tales, anything goes (stripteases, lingerie, the works).  <br><br>Oh OK, I'll play.  I don't think God is really looking at this thing as a competition.  I think he's just looking for a few good souls.  I mean, it's heaven for Christ's sake, he can't let it get overcrowded.  He likes it quiet up there, he really does.  That "Wrath of God" stuff is really overrated.  That image bugs him.  He's really just a mellow dude who likes to lay around on clouds listening to harp music.  Most night's Jimi Hendrix is on harp and Frank Zappa is Heaven's Musical Director.  God drinks only the finest wine served by Playboy centerfolds. <br><br>Satan, on the other hand is a partying fool.  The more the merrier for him. He's got Robert Johnson playing guitar but the Devil has him playing electric now with huge Marshall Stacks and Screamin' Jay Hawkins is on piano. On their off nights in Heaven, Frank and Jimi come on down and jam with the band.  Hustler centerfolds are serving straight shots of Jack Daniels and Tequila to the patrons.  The place is packed.<br><br>God and Satan are really quite cordial.  They still exchange Christmas cards and they exchange cards on Satan's son Stan's Birthday too.  It's not really about good and evil, it's about lifestyle choice.  The real bad people like Hitler, murderers, rapists, child molesters, crooked politicians, etc. aren't welcome in Heaven or Hell.  They're stuck in Purgatory where they're fed a steady stream of Muzak and they take turns plooking each other and snorting detergent.<br>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:28 am 

That's a pretty funny picture, Dean !  ;D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:31 am 

I'm thinking of playing AC/DC's ''Highway To Hell'' at my own funeral.....If only I could see the faces of my family and friends when the song kicks in...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:40 pm 

in hell the first thing that happens is they confiscate your dick - & i have reliable info. on that point.<br><br>but in heaven you get the  personal attention of 70 , yes 70, nubile virgins - but only if yer a suicide bomber.<br><br>i cant really score that one  - so i call it a draw.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:25 am 

Dean's last post post, and indeed this thread in general have put me in mind of Garth Ennis & Steve Dillon's 'Preacher' - any forum-ers check that out? A truly great comic book. BTW for what it's worth the score need to be amended by -1 to Hell's disadvantage - AC/DC's 'Hell ain't a bad place to be' was counted twice - Hey ya gotta do these things properly right?