Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:58 am 

Little idea from Sebastiaan (thanx) that i made into this topic....<br><br>Since Terry Bozzio will perform in The Netherlands sometime next year (2003), wouldn't it be nice if some of us Dutch, Belgian and, maybe even, German forum members meet each other there ???<br>I mean, if you are planning on going there anyway, wouldn't it be nice if you could see and talk to some of the people you meet from time to time on this forum ???<br><br>Well, what do u say........do we all meet next year ???

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:29 am 

Of course.  Jippie.<br><br>:)<br><br>For more info: check out the Terrio Bozzio-thread in the What's Zappening-section or www.013web.nl... think wearing t-shirts will help recognizing eachother. there will be a lot of zappa t-shirts there I guess. We should think of a secret word or so...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 9:28 am 

Nice idea, but what do you think of meeting at the Zappanale in July??? We just finished a DVD with Concerts of this Summer (starring: Scott Thunes, Mike Keneally, Napoleon Murphy Brock, Grandmothers West, Candy Zappa, Bob Zappa and so on) It has been really nice, 3 Days of Fun with Zappa-Music all the time (and Zappa-Bands from all over Europe)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 5:26 pm 

well thats nice, what about me and my fellow chaps accross the sea ab ( you need a shorter name )  - arnt we invited. also, is it possible to exclude the belgiums as ive always found them a boring and generally anal people - get the french instead - they got what it is that we need.<br>mungo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:48 am 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=0#9 date=12/07/02 at 19:26:25]well thats nice, what about me and my fellow chaps accross the sea ab ( you need a shorter name ) [/quote]<br><br><br>What's wrong with my name.....????<br>Well I guess you're right though....try getting a job with such a name...<br>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:21 pm 

ok im going round my posts apologising, im sorry about what i said about belgiums - ill make it up to them - if they dont kick my head in first ( they breed a good soccer hooligan in belgium im told , and beer too - these facts must surely not be unrelated - like my double neg.)<br><br>also i know there is a zappa get - together in germany every year already - someone told me on digichat - i think he was called sepp and thats all i can remember - i was drunk you see.<br><br>ab - you have a lovely looking name but please tell - how do i pronounce it and is there an easy way for me to rembember how to spell it.<br><br>mungo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:34 am 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=0#9 date=12/07/02 at 19:26:25] -  is it possible to exclude the belgiums as ive always found them a boring and generally anal people - [/quote]<br>I'm scratching my ass right now.<br><br>--------<br>I was on the brink of making a little voodoo doll of a wasp of my poopoo, but then I saw your apology. <br>I'll keep my shit in the fridge untill further notice.<br><br> ;D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:43 pm 

ok bb - i was waiting for the moment when you saw that  - im really sorry and deserve whatevers coming to me. i was drunk when i posted it - its no excuse i know but please - im grovelling. this christmas the only chocolate i buy for anyone will be belgium chocolate.<br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:46 am 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=0#13 date=12/12/02 at 16:43:41]i was drunk when i posted it - its no excuse i know but please - im grovelling. this christmas the only chocolate i buy for anyone will be belgium chocolate.<br>mungo[/quote]<br>Our economy needed a boost anyway! You americans do still help us when in need !<br><br>  ;)<br><br>... was that belgian beer that caused yr delirium?<br>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:14 pm 

no the beer was grolsch herst  ( autum) bock - or something - but i cant get it any more cause the guy who owned the garage shop who sold it ( it was cheap and out of date ) got killed in a bike accident in italy a few months ago . coincidentally ( or not ) his garage burned down the next night - it was on the southport road , leyland , lancashire , uk. mike , the owner who got killed  built up an amazing booze store at his petrol station - it won wine retailer of the year award in the uk last year - selling aussie wine of course. wake up you frenchies.<br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:20 am 

oh, totally forgot you're from the UK. thought you were american. that messed up my little choclat-economy joke. shit. can't have it all in life. <br><br> :-[<br><br>anyhow: grolsch is dutch. that's not quite the same - but better than german beer. or bud.<br><br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:07 pm 

I'll be at the Bozzio show in Amsterdam on March 31st.<br><br>Cheers,<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:39 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=15#18 date=01/25/03 at 00:19:40]<br><br><br>R u plannin' a jam session with Terry  :P[/quote]<br><br>I hope to see some of u guys (and you gals too...) in Tilburg..........<br>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:53 pm 

[quote author=ZF link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=15#20 date=01/25/03 at 00:44:31]<br><br><br>Ho già comprato i biglietti... ;D[/quote]<br><br>Pardon my French..but what did you say ???<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:48 am 

[quote author=ZF link=board=general;num=1038247118;start=15#18 date=01/25/03 at 00:19:40]<br><br><br>R u plannin' a jam session with Terry  :P[/quote]<br>I wish  ;D<br><br>