Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: vote to impeach
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:13 am 

If like me you feel Bush is guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors go here to help vote for impeachment  <br>http://www.votetoimpeach.org/<br><br>After all they went after Clinton for a blow job, Bush is anally raping the world, let's try to stop this madman now.<br><br>Saraband<br><br>Sorry for the political post, I realize this is a music forum but this is important and many lives hang in the balance.<br>I will try to restrict future post's to light hearted banter about music.

Post subject: Re: vote to impeach
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:23 am 

The stupid is strong with this one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:41 pm 

It's only for US people I see. I wish we had the same facility here in Canada.    ;D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:20 am 

I agree we should try to vote him out next time but then again he wasn't voted in last time ( he lost the poular vote by 1/2 a million and according to an independant recount of the florida votes he lost that state as well, he was more or less selected but the supreme court, which last time I checked should not have the power to decide who gets in the white house)<br><br>Try to remember that impeachment has nothing to do with infidelity, I don't care if bush is getting any bush ( I didn't care that clinton got any) I think the man is guilty of far worse crimes, He was arrested for cocaine possesion in the 70's (which was expunged from the record) he was a desserter from the national gaurd during a time of war (last time I checked that was considered treason) He was convicted of drunk driving (which means he can't get into canada, I know a freinfd of mine was not allowed in due to a dwi conviction) he was arrested for being drunk and disorderly at a college football game (anyone who has been to a colleg football game knows you would have to behave pretty bad to  be charged with drunken and disorderly conduct) but leaving the past aside he is now waiging a campaign of terror agaqinst the people of Iraq ( I dislike hussien more than I dislike bush but just as I don't approve of terroist killing innocent civilians here in order to change our government I don't aprove of our government killing innocent civilians elsewhere because we have a beef with their leader) he has threatened to bomb them with succh devastation that it will be like nagasaki (these are his representatives words not mine).<br>Bush is trying to go beyond his power constitutionaly (only congress can declare an act of war) and he is prepared to "strike first". he isbehaving in a reckless manner towards the world at large.and in doing so endangering us here at home. Now for those who think I am naive in thinking we can get him out of office through impeachment. Do I think this will work? probably not, but we can try and in doing so perhaps send a message. We got rid of Nixon didn't we. I would say it is our right as citizens to demand acountability from our leaders or get rid of them. That is why we have the abiliy to impeach, and if ever there was a need to get rid of an incompetant president it is now. The economy is in the toilet, we are facing record deficits (after actualy having a surplus) we are less safe now than we were before sept. 11 (if you think bush cares about you or anyone else that is not in his imediate circle you are sadly mistaken) and the rich are about to get even more tax cuts, north korea is threatening us with nukes (one big reason is bush threatened them first with a first strike nuke attack and called them evil)<br>and ossama bin laden is still loose in the world (isn't that why we killed 3000 people in afgahnastan so we could get him, wouldn't you call that a huge failure). It's tiemm we got rid of this incompatant nincompoop and tried to get someone in there to do a good job. I'm not an anti-american I think this is a wonderful country which is why I expect more from our president after all doesn't he work for us, if he was the counter boy at starbucks and we were his supervisor we would send him packing. <br><br>Saraband<br>P.S. once again sorry for such a politacal rant on a music forum, I realize we are just suppose to discuss which version of dynamo humm is supertior or what kind of breakfast ceral frank ate, but I feel we are living through scary times right now and history is being made all around us. If you want a Frank connection to this think about how he would have treated bush in song (after all he was not one to suffer fools lightly). I won't try to geuss what Frank would of thought of the impending war(I don't recall him ever making any specific anti war statements, only general ones about it not being a good idea) but I certainly think he would of agreed that the man in the whitehouse right now is perhaps the worst president we have ever been saddled with.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:19 pm 

who are you lot to cast stones? dubyas crimes are either unproven or irrelevant - i come from a place that presumse innocence till proven guilty - a standard yer would give others but not bush, im sick of all this anti bush mumbo jumbo as it has no basis in fairness or the equality of the individual under the law - fuck yers all. <br>bush - has admitted his youthfull waywardness - the man repented - have you chuck the shit - has clinton who " didnt inhale " - how gullible can a guy be ? wise <br>up yer un-thinking dunderhead - <br><br>mungo<br><br>who are the WE saraband -yer dont even put who / where yer are - yer all yellow arnt you ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:30 pm 

[quote author=saraband link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=0#5 date=02/07/03 at 10:20:04]I agree we should try to vote him out next time but then again he wasn't voted in last time ( he lost the poular vote by 1/2 a million and according to an independant recount of the florida votes he lost that state as well[/quote]<br><br>Which recount was that?<br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:13 pm 

The recount was done in 2001 by several news services. I'm sorry I thought everyone had seen this info is was in all the papers.<br><br>Addressing Bush's past I am not saying he is guilty yet, that is why we need a trial so we can find out if he's guilty or not. While youthful indiscretion can explain a sixteen year olds behavior(which bush doesn't seem to believe,as governor  he signed legislation making it possible to incarcerate 16 year olds with adult inmates and made penalties for drug use harsher, what a hypocrite) I don't think it explains a grown mans. Of all the things I spoke of I think desertion from the armed service during war time is the most serious and bares further investigation. I am not saying he's guilty, but there is a mountain of evidence which needs to be looked at. I am no fan of Clinton (I think he was guilty of far more than a blow job) but at least in the sixties he was against the war (he changed his mind obviously) and got a deferment(maybe he was a little chicken as well) Bush wasn't against the war he was just too chicken to fight in it. Now this coward wants other men to do his work for him.<br>I would think the most pro war people out there would be ashamed to defend this coward. <br>Sorry if this all seems "irrelevant". If you want more up to date stuff I for one would like to know what the hell was going on in the "secret" meetings between bush and Enron while bush was forming his energy policy, this is just months before we found out what a bunch of crooks these guys were. What is his connection to them and to Ken Lay personally?what is enrons connection to the california energy crisis? why was private industry involved so hevily in public policy? I not saying he's guilty of any wrong doing but I think I have a right to know what went on in those meetings and if he did no wrong why can't we know?. <br>And keeping with current events, there is a serious conflict of interest with Bush senior being part of the Carlyle group. (a group which allegedly includes members of the bin laden family) the Carlyle group makes it's money from weapon sales and stands to profit greatly form any war we engage in. Since I will assume that bush junior is in line to inherit some money from bush senior this makes war personally profitable for bush junior. Again I don't know if it this qualifies as a crime but we should at least get a congressional hearing about it and let the people know what's going on.<br>Sorry if this all smacks of "bush bashing". <br><br>I would like to know what the man has done that has improved my life or yours, I cannot not find one redeemable thing in this presidency, and I will stand by my statement that his will go down as the worst presidency in our history up to this time (in a close tie with his dad)<br><br>Sarband<br><br>PS I'm in New York, don't see how not revealing that before made me "yellow". <br>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:31 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=0#7 date=02/07/03 at 16:19:08]bush - has admitted his youthfull waywardness - the man repented [/quote]<br><br>Well, in Florida, he wouldn't even had the right to vote for himself. Just like he did with so many voters. Lots of them, mainly Blacks and Hispanics, were denied their right to vote even if, like Bush, had paid their due to the society and repented. Can you spell HYPOCRITE ! <br><br>Mungo, I just hope one day you'll wise up. Other than that, I think we all love you here ! MOTHERLY LOVE !  8)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:35 pm 

[quote author=saraband link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=0#9 date=02/07/03 at 18:13:42]Of all the things I spoke of I think desertion from the armed service during war time is the most serious and bares further investigation.  Bush wasn't against the war he was just too chicken to fight in it. Now this coward wants other men to do his work for him.<br>I would think the most pro war people out there would be ashamed to defend this coward. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Just that would be enough to really see what kind of man he really is ! I can't agree more.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:14 pm 

IMPEACH IN REGALIA<br><br>(sorry I made that one)    ;D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:35 pm 

[quote author=saraband link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=0#5 date=02/07/03 at 10:20:04]I agree we should try to vote him out next time but then again he wasn't voted in last time ( he lost the poular vote by 1/2 a million and according to an independant recount of the florida votes he lost that state as well, he was more or less selected but the supreme court, which last time I checked should not have the power to decide who gets in the white house)<br><br>Nice misuse of information here.  The real result of the recount was that if the Supreme court had not ruled the way they had Bush still one florida based on the recounts in the Counties Gore wanted to contest.  Remember Gore was not requesting a whole state recount.  Secondly Gore did win the Popular vote in Florida after a recount, but remember there were other states where the votes were suspected to be fudged in Gores favor.  So the popular vote claim is weak.<br><br>Next the people can't impeach.  Period.  The people didn't impeach Nixon.  Nixon resigned.  <br><br>Also read the paper, Congress has voted to give bush the OK to attck Iraq if we need to.  Like or not he is not acting out of the scope of his constitutional powers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:12 pm 

[quote author=saraband link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=0#9 date=02/07/03 at 18:13:42]The recount was done in 2001 by several news services. I'm sorry I thought everyone had seen this info is was in all the papers.<br>[/quote]<br><br>No, I haven't seen it; that's why I'm asking you which recount you're talking about.<br><br>The recounts I know about were conducted by The National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago, the accounting firm of BDO Seidman in connection with The Palm Beach Post,  The Miami Herald, USA Today and Knight-Ridder Newspapers. As a result of these independent recounts in Florida, they all declared Bush the winner there. <br><br>So, again, which recount are you talking about?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:06 am 

In a recount of the contested counties gore lost in a statewide recount gore wins by 200 votes ( a slim margin  indeed). Gores big mistake(and the American peoples) was not asking for a statewide recount.<br>go here <br>http://www.citizens-at-large.com/1101/how_bush_lost_florida.html<br><br>The people can impeach the president by asking their representatives in congress to impeach. That's how government is suppose to work. They work for us.<br><br>Congress cannot give the power of war to the president it is not theirs to give, just as they cannot give him the power over turn laws (which is the power of the judicial branch). What they did do is give him permission to use force at his will, which is the power of a tyrant. Bush is not the first one to do this but we should make him the last. I realize he not talking about formely declaring war on iraq (we haven't declared war on anyone since wwII) and I think most would agree it won't be a war it will be a slaughter, we are planning on dropping more bombs in the first 2 days than we did in the entire gulf war. I would also agree that congress is currently a bunch of spinless jelly fish (with a few exceptions) so impeachment is a far fetched idea. By bringing all this up I just hope to make people think more about what their leaders are up to. If we are not carefull this maniac will bring about the destruction of this country.He's already wrecked the economy and now he's turning most of the world against us. And he's wiping his ass with the constitution. Check out the next chapter in "the patriot act" http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=15138<br><br>I have never been this worried about the state of our great nation and I fear for our future. I am glad to be living in the USA and feel it is a great nation, that's why I am concerned I would hate to see this buffoon lead us to ruin.<br><br>Saraband <br><br>I will now cease to post about this topic I feel I have said my peice and will leave it at that. This is not the proper forum for such things. I will only post zappa related things in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 5:55 am 

Gore did the right thing, there was no evidence suggesting a need for a recount of the whlole state.  Also if you recounted all votes in every state it just as likely the result could have been bush won the popular vote.  <br><br>You are using broad accusations not based on reality here.  Bush is no Tyrant he was given the authority to act legally. <br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:46 am 

[quote author=saraband link=board=general;num=1044472426;start=15#17 date=02/08/03 at 06:06:23]In a recount of the contested counties gore lost in a statewide recount gore wins by 200 votes ( a slim margin  indeed). Gores big mistake(and the American peoples) was not asking for a statewide recount.<br>go here <br>http://www.citizens-at-large.com/1101/how_bush_lost_florida.html[/quote]<br><br>"jerry politex" at "bushwatch.com" isn't a credible source.<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:02 pm 

hey - saraband  - come on back - dont quit on this one now as i just read yer reply  - i  wanna respond - gimme a chance to - come back - please  -come on bach - is wont bite yer - <br><br>darn he/she  ran off  - please , why is it they talk shit and then run-away thats the behavior off cowards and tyrants - as we shall see in weeks to come - wes comin saddam and your nations victims families will cut yer up into bits , a fitting end for a violator of good people -   saraband and his/her ilk cant save yer no matter how they try - your end will be at the hands of your victims as is writ in sharia law. a fittin end , i say.<br><br>mungo