Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:49 am 

CLICK HERE FOR SAMPLES

It's extra cool as it's from our very own Cletus who didn't want to post about it...but rather than letting some of us miss it, I'm posting about it, here it is(:

The music speaks for itself so I'm not going to try to describe it except to say IMO the creative energy channelled here is akin to the best of any of the three member groups, Blue Cheer or Grand Funk come to mind, ...not that they sound like them, I'm just comparing the synchronisation of energy and completeness of the sound: they have what these bands had...in spades :lol:

Other than that I'll say I love the genre; it's nice to find such a satisfying source.

Well done Vultures Await :lol:

Fly high!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:33 pm 

Sounds pretty cool! Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:34 pm 

Thanks so much for posting this baddy and for your kind words. This project is a labor of love and sometimes the best reward is to be able to share it with people that appreciate it and actually enjoy it. The current fantasy is to put together a west coast tour and eventually (hopefully sooner than later) make it back east (we are in California). If any forum members are interested in a cd pm me. I dont want to hijack a Zappa forum and try to peddle my wares but since good ole baddy brought it up :D I would like to make it available to anyone who might enjoy it on this forum.

Music > everything

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:38 pm 

Cletus wrote:
This project is a labor of love

It is all it takes to make something good and worthwhile...

Cletus wrote:
Music > everything

A true Zen saying... :wink:

Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:05 pm 

Garbage :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:38 am 

Cletus sent me a copy and I like it... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:02 pm 

Plook wrote:

He sent me two and I like it twice as much! :P
The new V/A CD is definetly a work of love. Cletus worked his ass off + they spent their own money to see it through their way.All the while playin' any dive that would let 'em plug in and keeping a 9-5 job taboot! Congradulations boys,now I'll take a copy to UCD's K-DVS 90.3 to try for some college airplay.CD's are available at the Vutures Await web site or PM Cletus for details.IMO,the price is right.
At the end of the day Vultures Await....After some Zappa of course! 8) :D

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:09 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
now I'll take a copy to UCD's K-DVS 90.3 to try for some college airplay.

Great idea Kaptn'...ditto here on the east coast :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

The new V/A CD is definetly a work of love. Cletus worked his ass off + they spent their own money to see it through their way.All the while playin' any dive that would let 'em plug in and keeping a 9-5 job taboot! Congradulations boys,now I'll take a copy to UCD's K-DVS 90.3 to try for some college airplay.CD's are available at the Vutures Await web site or PM Cletus for details.IMO,the price is right.

Cletus said he'd send me a copy but he hasn't. Maybe Cletus has been conspiring with Ike Willis to keep me musically frustrated. :wink: Regardless, Vultures Await are on my heavy playlist among unknown San Jose bands. Seriously, I really like it. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
Cletus said he'd send me a copy but he hasn't. Maybe Cletus has been conspiring with Ike Willis to keep me musically frustrated. :wink: Regardless, Vultures Await are on my heavy playlist among unknown San Jose bands. Seriously, I really like it. :D

Damn Im sorry KillUgly. I wish I was conspiring with Ike to do something..music related..I forgot to look in my mail for the OTHER forum.....I will send it ASAP.

Offer is still open for a free CD to any member of this forum. PM me

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:21 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

LMAO! KillUgly,try sending Cletus forty bucks and see if you get it quicker that way. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:57 pm 

Cletus wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

Damn Im sorry KillUgly. I wish I was conspiring with Ike to do something..music related..I forgot to look in my mail for the OTHER forum.....I will send it ASAP.

Offer is still open for a free CD to any member of this forum. PM me

No problem, Cletus. I know you weren't intentionally snubbing me. I hope you guys can get another Chico gig one of these days. There's plenty of places to play. You know I might even be able to book you a show in Paradise (about 15 minutes from Chico) if you guys don't care about getting rich. Maybe I could give you guys a place to flop (at my place-not great accommodations but wtf) if you play a local show. If you want to talk about it let me know.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:09 am 

KillUgly wrote:
No problem, Cletus. I know you weren't intentionally snubbing me. I hope you guys can get another Chico gig one of these days. There's plenty of places to play. You know I might even be able to book you a show in Paradise (about 15 minutes from Chico) if you guys don't care about getting rich. Maybe I could give you guys a place to flop (at my place-not great accommodations but wtf) if you play a local show. If you want to talk about it let me know.

Sounds great! I will be in touch. This summer we're planning a west coast (mostly northern CA, OR and WA) tour and plan on not making any money :) But the seeds will be planted :D (and no 40$ wouldnt have helped KK..as I said theyre free to you all)

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 am 

Cletus wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

Sounds great! I will be in touch. This summer we're planning a west coast (mostly northern CA, OR and WA) tour and plan on not making any money :) But the seeds will be planted :D (and no 40$ wouldnt have helped KK..as I said theyre free to you all)

I don't know if you know the story of the $40.00 that KK was talking about. Almost two years ago KK and me saw Ike Willis playing with the Pojama People at a bar in Mt. Shasta. During a break I asked Ike about his solo cd's being offered up for sale on his website. I told Ike I would like to have them. He told me he could expediate the process if I gave him $40.00 on the spot and as soon as he got home from the tour (about a week later) he would send me my cd's. Well, time goes on. No cd's. I keep sending Ike emails and messages via facebook. He always responds and says that he's sending them out. Actually he always talks about his agent Hank from Lake Tahoe who will take care of it. Well, we're going on two years and still no cd's. I'd given up on it long ago but I reached out one last time to Ike about two months ago and it was the same old story. He said he sent it to me TWICE but that he'd do it again once he got hold of Hank. Well, no surprise. Two months later and I still don't have my Ike Willis cd's. So my advice is never buy anything from Ike Willis unless he has the product in hand.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:02 pm 

Cletus wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

Shame on you Cletus,I assumed you knew the famous Ike Willis-KillUgly $40 CD story.I even took a picture of it happening,it's on my DZW pixs...........KillUgly,you might take a copy to the Chico State radio station and get some airplay! Chico rocks. Then maybe V/A could do a vally warm up tour before heading on to OR & WA..Davis,The Stag,Sac.Yuba City,Chico,Redding/Shasta/Red Bluff. You could stay here, then at*Plooks &/or KillUgly's to save some bread.
* I volunteered him! :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:45 pm 

KillUgly wrote:
Cletus wrote:
KillUgly wrote:

I don't know if you know the story of the $40.00 that KK was talking about. Almost two years ago KK and me saw Ike Willis playing with the Pojama People at a bar in Mt. Shasta. During a break I asked Ike about his solo cd's being offered up for sale on his website. I told Ike I would like to have them. He told me he could expediate the process if I gave him $40.00 on the spot and as soon as he got home from the tour (about a week later) he would send me my cd's. Well, time goes on. No cd's. I keep sending Ike emails and messages via facebook. He always responds and says that he's sending them out. Actually he always talks about his agent Hank from Lake Tahoe who will take care of it. Well, we're going on two years and still no cd's. I'd given up on it long ago but I reached out one last time to Ike about two months ago and it was the same old story. He said he sent it to me TWICE but that he'd do it again once he got hold of Hank. Well, no surprise. Two months later and I still don't have my Ike Willis cd's. So my advice is never buy anything from Ike Willis unless he has the product in hand.

This story just cracks me up everytime I hear it, Ikes play is so ghetto...I just imagine what the money went to, I am sure Frank could have penned an entire song about this little jem...hell he could have made it a three act play... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:03 am 

Youre right Plook that would make a great song.... :wink: ....That is too much. I do remember this happening but it didnt click and to hear you tell it again with the update is almost unbelievable. You guys are awesome, thanks for your generosity and support. Played a cool place in Concord tonight..the Red Hat. Good people, cheap drinks, and a great sound system. Im planning on heading your way in July and will let yall know.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 am 

Cletus wrote:
Youre right Plook that would make a great song.... :wink: ....That is too much. I do remember this happening but it didnt click and to hear you tell it again with the update is almost unbelievable. You guys are awesome, thanks for your generosity and support. Played a cool place in Concord tonight..the Red Hat. Good people, cheap drinks, and a great sound system. Im planning on heading your way in July and will let yall know.

Sounds good if I am able, I am there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 am 

Cock sucker lay bye :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm 

I went golfing this morning with my Heavy Metal buddy and I played your CD and he liked it alot, I sense a lot of bands influence there and I think I even heard some FZ inspired solo work...excellent job by your whole band.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 pm 

Cletus-Thanks for the cd. It's really good. I mean that. "Sore Loser" is an early favorite. I had heard snippets from amazon but it really exceeded my expectations. Nice job. I'll try to convince my son and my ex-wife to get you some play time on the local community radio station - they both have their own shows (KZFR - 90.1 - Chico). I'll probably have better luck with my son but you never know.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:55 pm 

I got mine on May 20th & I'm diggin it,the wife not so much.

Thanks again Cletus.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm 

Cheers Cleetus !

CD arrived yesterday (so waddya do?) .. took it for a spin
another listen today sounding good cranked up
love the album cover (CIA's greatest hits ? . .haha) nice !

all th best and thanks again..