Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:45 am 

Big or small. What drives you bonkers. List them here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 am 

Totally annoying songs, trying to manoeuver a full shopping cart through a full supermarket, embarrassing spelling errors, mosquito bites, not being able to pull something off, people misspelling my name, water in my ear, people mistaking me for a man, being unable to get something to work...

In general disrespect is the biggest peeve, but I prefer inane chattering over the small ones.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:25 am 

When you reeeeeally need something quick so you order it from amazon.com with two day shipping and pay extra for the 2 day shipping.

Then they sit on the order for 2 days BEFORE they ship it 2 day shipping...

...so you get it the day after you needed it, and get clipped for the 2 day shipping anyways.

...that and people saying they're antiwar then voting for candidates who will give us more war, (without any consideration of the soldiers and innocents that will pay with their lives for these careless votes).

It's where wars come from....that's the worst thing in the world and it drives me nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:36 am 

People unaware of their surroundings, walking in the middle of a parking lot, blocking sidewalks at snells pace...same in store aisles, Lolly gaging in general... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:16 am 

Pet peeve threads.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:51 am 

...and the ever popular 55 in a 65 in the left lane that won't pass the truck.

...the trick is to pull up on their right and they think you are going to try to pass them...so they speed up to close the gap between them and the truck so you can't get in front of them...and then they invariabley keep the new speed and PASS the truck...then you pull to the left lane and you can pass the truck too.

The whole time they thought you wanted to pass them so they cut you off so they think "they won" ...but in reality your goal was to make them speed up and pass the truck to unblock the road...which they did, lol :shock:

THEN you pass them on the right.

It works every fucking time :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:46 pm 

Being greeted by everybody (in England) at the moment with "Hi there, are you ok?" or shortened down to "Hi, y'ok?"
On the phone, in somebody's office or when you walk into a shop or Subway outlet., anywhere!

It seems to be the standard greeting here in the UK at the moment and it's fucking me right off.
Why do so many people pick up on whatever the current thing is? It happened 10 or so years ago with 'upspeak' and that is still going on too. That fucks me off. You ask someone where their toilet is and they even start going up in there speech pattern when they're telling you where it is, for example. What the fuck is that all about?
Grown men going around talking like that? It's outrageous!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:04 am 

People who dont "zero out" the console.... :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:54 pm 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
Pet peeve threads.
Ho ho!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:30 pm 

The multitude of Old Time Radio sites that proliferate the WWW, charging exorbitant prices for what you can usually find free.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:51 pm 

Plook wrote:
People unaware of their surroundings, walking in the middle of a parking lot, blocking sidewalks at snells pace...same in store aisles, Lolly gaging in general... :smoke:

I'm with you on these, Plook. Especially blocking the aisles at the grocery store with their carts and their bodies. These people are seemingly oblivious that there might be other people in the store. :evil: I also hate it when people leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot after they're done. Lazy bastards. :evil: Other peeves are people (children, teens, and adults) who swear in public without consideration for the people they are around (especially older folks and kids) - I'm no prude but show some class. :evil: Kinda related - white teens especially, but anybody blasting profanity-ridden gangsta rap from their cars in public places. :evil: I also don't like it when people don't use their blinkers when they are driving (not every time but when it could really be helpful to other people) and the slow guy in the fast lane that won't let anybody pass. Also, people who are habitually late and people that litter. So basically, inconsiderate assholes everywhere. :) I also don't like it when people spell Jimi Hendrix's name "Jimmy". I see that all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:03 pm 

Pronouncing the letter H with an H sound at the beginning.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:27 am 

The name Fabrizio.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 pm 

People who sing the lyrics to songs wrong---and are convinced they're right!

Main Pet Peeve---Folks who talk in the movies (whether on the phone or not)...this isn't your living room, SHUT THE FUCK UP! :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:25 am 

People listening to loud music in cars driving past you , except when it's me listening to loud music in my car driving past other people.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 am 

When you're driving down a country road at 50 mph and some redneck pulls out in front of you and proceeds to do 25 mph in front of you for the next 5 miles........... :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:30 am 

When your trying to get a good nights sleep and the little alien guys come and abduct you... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 am 

Another fad that is annoying me at the moment is people seem to be saying this rather a lot during a conversation;

"Yeah no I er......"

WTF?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:37 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
Another fad that is annoying me at the moment is people seem to be saying this rather a lot during a conversation;

"Yeah no I er......"

WTF?

How about the sudden invasion of the term "What not", holy crap that thing is like a disease...hell I saw Dale Jr interviewed on ESPN once and it was every third word out of his month...they did a spoof on it and in a 5 min interviewed he had used the meaningless term like a 100 times or some god awful amount.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:54 am 

KillUgly wrote:
I also don't like it when people spell Jimi Hendrix's name "Jimmy". I see that all the time.

Sorry i think i did a couple of time :|

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:18 am 

When i see all the humanity destroying our mother earth, making documentary about in danger species and do not sterilize people or do not make birth control.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:54 pm 

little pussies hiding behind computer screens who know damn well they will get their ass beat to a pulp if they said it to your face.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:33 pm 

Being the father of a high school baseball player, I have developed 2 baseball related pet peeves: Striking out looking and allowing a ground ball to go between your legs. INEXCUSABLE!!! :shock:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:57 pm 

Zut_boF wrote:
KillUgly wrote:
I also don't like it when people spell Jimi Hendrix's name "Jimmy". I see that all the time.

Sorry i think i did a couple of time :|

That's OK. You seem like a good candidate for rehabilitation. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Being the father of a high school baseball player, I have developed 2 baseball related pet peeves: Striking out looking and allowing a ground ball to go between your legs. INEXCUSABLE!!! :shock:

I played baseball in high school and to my knowledge I am the only person in the history of the sport to be removed from the field of play in the middle of an inning due to poor performance who was not pitching. I was playing third base and I made three errors in one inning. After the third one our coach came out of the dugout and I thought he was going to relieve the pitcher but he kept walking past the mound and came all the way to third base to remove me from the game. Not my best day in the Wide World of Sports. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next