Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:37 am 

Last Saturday I visited a friend of mine who is in the possession of a very new state of the art incredible fast computer...<br><br>He is one of those guys who has is entire hard drive filled with music, films, games, pictures and so forth.<br>He also has Kazaa, and on his computer it's actually fun to use, because it only takes a couple of minutes to download a song onto his computer and then playing it...<br><br>So I decided to go to Kazaa and type ''Frank Zappa'' and press the ''Search'' button and see what would happen...<br><br>After a couple of seconds there was this rather big list of FZ songs and even entire FZ albums (almost all regular and official material however...) but my eye soon fell onto a song entitled ''Stayin Alive VERY RARE!!!''<br>When i clicked onto the song to see further info it said that it was a cover of the Bee Gee's song by Dweezil Zappa and Ozzy Osbourne...<br><br>I downloaded it and after a couple of minutes I pressed play and........what a very,very,very cool version of the song !!!<br>I didn't know that Dweezil had ever recorded the song and had the help of Ozzy along the way...<br>The guy singing the song sounds remarkably like Ozzy...it's him or someone who sounds remarkably like him, i am not to sure about that...<br>The guitarsolo on the song is most definatley a Dweezil Solo, no doubt about that !!!!<br><br>My question is:<br><br>Does anybody know anything more about this song and the people that have contributed in the making of it ???<br>The year it was recorded ???<br>And so forth and so on...<br><br>Thanx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:04 am 

I've heard it, it's great. I'd like to know if it's been released too. I couldn't find it on the all music guide (and that has almost all official releases on it) http://www.allmusic.com.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:22 am 

It was done as a demo in 1991 but it was never released - a shame really as it's better than the version done by those fellas with all the teeth .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:42 am 

Both versions are the same as the "Confessions" version with the exception of the Donny vocal and the Ozzy vocal and the All Aboard the Disco-Train intro. Yes it really is Ozzy.