Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:46 pm 

A simple thought just cross my mind right now. It's not the first time. It keeps on poppin' from time to time.<br><br>I'd like to know if you feel the world would be a better place if, instead of men, women were in charge (politics, business, etc...). Do you have the feeling that sometimes men put them down cause they think they would do a better job ? I don't talk here about a ridiculous battlle of the sexes. I would want women to  stay as they are, not trying to compete with men.<br><br>For my part, I tend to think yes. They're less prone to violence for one thing. In general, they're not as money oriented too as far as I can see. Would they have gone as far as men in jeopardizing our planet ? Would they have the urge to conquer the world ?<br><br>And what downsides would that bring ?<br><br>OK, it's late and I'm a little too philosophical for my own taste, so...                

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:34 am 

i think a bit of nuance is in place here.<br><br>fact:<br>female childeren are far more vicious in bullying than male ones. instead of choosing confrontation out in the open, most females tend to backstabbing, gossiping and excluding-techniques.  but well yes indeed, they are suited for politics...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:09 am 

[quote author=Mr. Complainian link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=0#3 date=06/07/03 at 07:37:45]it wouldn't be much different than it is now.[/quote]<br><br>depends....i'd agree if the maggie thatcher type ruled, but with the indira ghandi type in charge, there would be less war, less poverty....<br><br>[quote author=kim campbell, former pm of canada link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=0#3 date=??]The qualities that are defined as masculine are also the same qualities that are defined as the qualities of leadership. There is virtually no overlap between the qualities ascribed to femininity and those to leadership. Yet in several studies, results show that when you have a critical mass of women in an organization, you have less corruption. Peru and Mexico have even implemented initiatives based on such thinking. Lest you think that all we aspire to for the world can be accomplished by male-dominated organizations, I have only to say to you: Enron, Taliban, Roman Catholic Church[/quote]<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:28 am 

I noticed the "Catholic Church" mention. <br><br>Priests are not allowed to marry, this is a catholic church dogma. And, despite everything that Rome have said, say, or will say, there is NO mention about  a restriction like that anywhere in the Holy Scriptures which serve as base for that such catholic church (Bible). We know where this dogma, created by supposed holy men in such and such century, lead to. These poor(?) priests, not being able to satisfy their sexual needs, had to use children to do so.<br><br>I'm wondering, in a chuch lead by women, if they would have put in place such a rule, one that had caused so many problems. And would have they  prevented men from joining them in that church ? On the funny(?) side of the question, imagine men with a burka.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:26 am 

what if ???<br>they already rule... they are far more active than men they get up earlier they take our kids to school they spend more time to educate them , they take care of our social life, they decide if you are going to have kids and even have a word at your car choosing .<br>To simplify, they spend more time doing things while men spend more time thinking about sports titties and beer or sex drugs and rock n roll.<br>well there exceptions that can make the diference... just an opinion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:31 am 

[quote author=OH_NO link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=0#10 date=06/07/03 at 09:26:10]they are far more active than men they get up earlier they take our kids to school they spend more time to educate them , they take care of our social life, they decide if you are going to have kids and even have a word at your car choosing.[/quote]<br><br>you surely have an interesting live i would say...   ;)<br><br>btw - does 'doing the dirty work & the dishes' equal 'ruling' ? i don't think so.<br><br>it's like complain says: women in leadership possitions tend to have leadership qualities. leadership isn't for the faint of heart or utopic wuzzys. period.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:01 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=0#1 date=06/07/03 at 06:20:38]The answer is obviously YES YES YES. I am so tired of testoterone politics and social norms. I think women listen better, work as a team better, care more about others, and look for consensus more naturally than men. I do think some tragic situations might have been avoided if our leaders were women, and the world would be a better place.   :)[/quote]<br><br>I think that if women truly ruled the world and were able to keep their womanliness and not just become men in skirts the world would be different.  Not necessarily better but different.<br><br>There would be at least a three day holiday every month for every woman, maternity leave would be less of a problem, there would be more options for child care.  <br><br>Would there be less wars?  Maybe not, but they might be smaller.  They might be over more trivial things and would result in one country not talking to the other country until they apologized.  Yeah, there would be gossip, but it would be vital to how things are run and would reveal people's true motives more often than not.<br><br>Two books I would recommend for ideas on how women would "run" things:  Always Coming Home by Ursula K LeGuinn and for the brave, The Female Man (I don't remember who that was by).  The second book was given to me by a dyke friend who wanted me to understand a little bit where she was coming from.<br><br>Sabrina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:30 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=0#14 date=06/07/03 at 13:11:41]<br> ;)  Of course, in my view, the best part of this entire scenerio is that men would be able to get sex whenever they wanted, rather than the other way around!!<br><br>You see...that's how the balance of power is kept...otherwise, it would be a master/slave society.<br><br>Apologies in advance to Mr. Mung, if this is heady stuff.  ;)[/quote]<br><br>You mean you're not able to get sex whenever you want!:o  Damn! I'm sorry!<br><br>Sabrina<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:29 pm 

What if women rule the world ?<br><br>I think Hillary Clinton has had this question on her mind for a while. <br>Looking to the past, she didn't lose her cool during Bill's "indiscretions." Now, she's in the senate. She openly shows disregard for Bush. She's positioning herself. I'm not big on following politics, but these are some things I've recently become aware of, just some observations. <br>I think there is supposed to be a big interview with her by Barbara Walters sometime this weekend. I wonder if the topic of her possibly running for President will come up, and how she handles answering that question. I bet it comes up.<br><br>Wow, how weird would this be? Looking at the presidents chronologically if she won, it would be:  Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:35 pm 
  Barbara might/probably will ask but Hillary will not give a definite answer now...<br>  I personally have no problem with a woman in the White House,,,just not Hillary Clinton...<br><br>   bcarney...8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:10 pm 

i wish it where true - i could drop the kids off at school or whatever , do a little shoppin for DECENT food ( and have the time to cook it ), spend the days listnin to music and other interestin stuff . in all have a generally very plesant existence. a kindoff stepford husband placated with weed and zappa cds - an appealing prospect indeed, maybe in the next life.<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:35 pm 

I'd like to see women truly keeps what makes them different from men and use it. I'd really like to see the results.<br><br>I know women have defaults. Just like men. But do you think they wouldn't have a chance, for one thing, to use their sensibility, or any other qualities that women posess in-depth, and that men, in general, lack ?<br><br>I agree that if it's only a man with a skirt, it wouldn't make any difference. <br><br>I think (personal opinion) that there would be less wars. Women tend to solve their problems in another fashion (à part, bien sûr, Madame Thatcher). Just for that, I would vote for a woman (but today, she'd have the task to prove that she could change things in a male-dominated world). <br><br>Women in general are closer to the heart's matters. What would be a world not directed by the "brillant " minds we have right now, but instead by those who see things with their hearts ? Maybe the world would be a safer place.  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:06 pm 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#20 date=06/07/03 at 17:19:21]<br>Maybe he didn't wan't to be credited??  ;)<br>It sounds rather controversial.[/quote]<br><br>Dear, this is a lesbian book.  I remember now, her name was Joanna Russ, yep I think that was it.  In case you are interested (and I know you are, God I know you are), there is a lesbian love scene in it.<br><br>Sabrina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:26 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#24 date=06/07/03 at 22:29:38].... Those were the five most grueling years of my life. ....[/quote]<br><br>i often wish i could be mr.mom, but i never would have anticipated the downside is as severe as you describe; at least not any more effort than full time employment...maybe because you were younger at the time, but at this stage in my life, i'd jump at the chance to stay home & : have no boss....the first 96 words:<br><br>[quote author=son of slime could say ....................(not wrote) link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#25 date=apr '02 thru jun '03][tt]flower truck tree cheese bead pool bath more dirt vac pea cook dada mama cat doggie go  <br>neigh moo baa waddle duck car hot cold ice mmm waffle broc carrot bike up key hose tube<br>brush comb cap cup glass glasses toe foot head ear eye nose teeth hair clock poop cluck<br>goat caw-caw-caw cake spoon book hand elbow whoo-whoo ack two car book scratch bean swing  <br>booty boat plane ball peach pear sweep hop fish goose bounce balloon bye bottle juice <br>door lock hole choo-choo chip toy down baby hat jacket  shoe trash dust carl boo-boo zap[/tt][/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:21 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1054971984;start=15#21 date=06/07/03 at 18:35:27]Women in general are closer to the heart's matters. What would be a world not directed by the "brillant " minds we have right now, but instead by those who see things with their hearts ?[/quote]<br><br>but that's the whole problem: you can't govern a country *with your heart*. <br><br>