Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bored?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
I'm sitting in this very uncomfortable chair at a Super 8 in Fresno. I've had about six Mooseheads, because it's my birthday.

There's lots of shit I could bitch about tonight. I'm saving most it for the next installment in my autobiography.

One thing I've been wanting to bring up is how boring the internet has become. I guess there's just so much information a person can injest before they become full-up with jade.

Do you agree?

I logged on to chat. A tumbleweed blew by.

I'm also thinking of a noun. Ask some questions. Maybe you can discern it.






Fuck. Are you bored?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14839
Nope, sorry. I think there's quite a bit of shit on the internet, but I don't get bored with it. Fed up at times, yep.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
A quite a bit of shit, for sure.

Maybe one or two more Mooseheads, then I'm done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13642
Location: Billy, the mountain...
Congratulations Shark Barker!

I recently accepted and embraced the power of the internet to educate oneself on the most different and diverse subjects!

Zappa would say go to the internet (as many libraries are around there).

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:01 am
Posts: 1264
Location: Bordeaux, France
A rope leash wrote:
I'm sitting in this very uncomfortable chair at a Super 8 in Fresno. I've had about six Mooseheads, because it's my birthday.

There's lots of shit I could bitch about tonight. I'm saving most it for the next installment in my autobiography.

One thing I've been wanting to bring up is how boring the internet has become. I guess there's just so much information a person can injest before they become full-up with jade.

Do you agree?

I logged on to chat. A tumbleweed blew by.

I'm also thinking of a noun. Ask some questions. Maybe you can discern it.






Fuck. Are you bored?


Yeah bored to death....but heh wait a minute...They have Moosehead in California???

_________________
"You can fly like a Penguin when you're dealing with Turkeys."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13642
Location: Billy, the mountain...
You can't go wrong with these sites:


http://www.youtube.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
index.php

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
Yes, they have Moosehead in California! Reasonably priced, too! Can't find it in Illinois.

Tasty.

I crapped out early and crawled in bed, where I had the dreams of a psychotic. Not boring there.

Why do brains do that? I've looked for the answer on the internet, but no one seems to understand it completely.

It could be that I'm a little too harsh in my current assessment of the interent. Like Mr. GG, I have generally used it more to educate myself than to entertain myself. Some may say that I have chosen the wrong information for my learning, but I have to go with my gut and choose what I find to be interesting and truthful. I guess I've reached my limit on what I can injest.

YouTube, eh? Never heard of it...ha ha ha...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
Journalism's kind of scary. That's been confirmed for me by the internet. I've always been suspicious of the major media, and I am absolutley flabbergasted at how well it has managed to manipulate the thoughts of the average person.

Take the Israeli/Palistinian thing...please!

By our media, Israel is an innocent little victim-country, terrorized by viscious Arabs. As a matter of course, all of us Westerners are portrayed as "the good guys", while reports on the rest of the world almost always accenutate the negative.

But, we are not the good guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX18zUp6 ... re=related

Journalism is a lie made up of truths. People eat it up and never question the authority. For some reason, they can't believe a corporation would lie to them. They think that would be illegal, but it is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARnjo-RMKY

Of course, I could just ignore all this, and watch music videos...but modern pop music is just putrid, and the more I look back on rock and roll, the more ridiculous it seems to be.

It's just getting harder and harder to find something that stimulates me.

"We are rapidly approaching a time when we will no longer respond to the normal stimulus" - LBJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 am
Posts: 1657
Location: The Dangerous Kitchener
Happy yester-birth-day Rope!

Image
The moose is loose.

_________________
When the going gets weird the weird turn pro - HST

Miasma!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
Yes, happy birthday you miserable old bastard. I find the internet is quite useful if your interests are a little more focussed and in themselves quite broad and deep. For example, as a mathematician there is heaps of useful stuff I can get from the internet when I need a quick answer to a burning mathematical question. As a musician likewise. Mind you, if you're just using the internet for entertainment I imagine it could get a bit boring after a while, I mean, zappa.com is a bit of a fish bowl isn't it?

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14839
A rope leash wrote:
Journalism's kind of scary. That's been confirmed for me by the internet. I've always been suspicious of the major media, and I am absolutley flabbergasted at how well it has managed to manipulate the thoughts of the average person.

Take the Israeli/Palistinian thing...please!

By our media, Israel is an innocent little victim-country, terrorized by viscious Arabs. As a matter of course, all of us Westerners are portrayed as "the good guys", while reports on the rest of the world almost always accenutate the negative.

But, we are not the good guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX18zUp6 ... re=related

Journalism is a lie made up of truths. People eat it up and never question the authority. For some reason, they can't believe a corporation would lie to them. They think that would be illegal, but it is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARnjo-RMKY

Of course, I could just ignore all this, and watch music videos...but modern pop music is just putrid, and the more I look back on rock and roll, the more ridiculous it seems to be.

It's just getting harder and harder to find something that stimulates me.

"We are rapidly approaching a time when we will no longer respond to the normal stimulus" - LBJ


Okay, now I'm really bored.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
The ironing is delicious!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14839
A rope leash wrote:
The ironing is delicious!


And now I'm enthralled. Maybe it's a mental condition.

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Sam I Am wrote:
Happy yester-birth-day Rope!

Image
The moose is loose.

Happy B-Day ARL,First drink plenty of moose juice.Then find a porn site that delivers! You won't be bored for long.Good hunting. :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
Titties and beer! Of course! Why didn't I think of that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bored?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1793
Thanks to everyone for the good birthday wishes...and thanks for making my weekend considerably less boring.

No one wants to guess the noun? Well, I'm not just going to tell you!

Cheers!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group