Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:57 pm 

I've read it.<br>A short conclusion after reading that would be that where there's oil, there are Americans.<br>And where there are Americans for oil, there's a good chance of troubles in the making.<br>All these tyrant-like governments held in place with USA help ! No wonder there's terrorist attacks on US interests. <br>And the double-play standards with Israel-Palestine is another thing that'll lead to explosive conclusions.<br>A must-read.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:08 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1048514309;start=0#4 date=03/27/03 at 16:53:43]And if you're defending the position of a country like Canada, which cries about the inhumanity of it all while they hide under the petticoats of the countries that are protecting the Canadian oil supply, I think you're being more than a bit hypocritical.[/quote]<br><br>Who said I was supporting any position ? I only support PEACE !<br>And don't worry, we may have oil supply, but believe me, we pay for it good money ! We don't get it free.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:09 am 

We could have continue to BUY it from them, instead of fighting them to get it ! They'd be glad to sell it, we'd be glad to buy it. No war ! Fine ! And while we're at it, we may learn to diminish our needs in oil, thus reducing pollution. No need to buy the latest gas-guzzling car when a small one would do fine.<br><br>Isn't that what civilization is all about ? Being civilized ? So far, Iraq hadn't stopped to produce oil (up to the beginning of the war that is). And we were getting it, right ? So, where's the problem ? And Iraq is not the only producer. Competition is good for keeping prices relatively low. You see, no justifications to fight ! (except for Bush obsessions of kicking Saddam out).<br> <br>Count the bodies !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:26 pm 

mij , i like the way you pinch what i post on other threads regarding the economy of oil and attempt to pass it off as yer own - lets face it you believe in nothin , have nothin to contribute save yer anti-usa crap and have - i dunno , some kind of chip on yer shoulder i recon , sad but true , and very very boring. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:11 pm 

Continue to be bored, mungo. I don't care. You don't have convinced me neither. And lot of others too, you didn't. So, cut the crap, post, and stop whining. Have yourself a cold one, like you usually do.<br><br>Starting a war like that will have its toll. It's beginning to have. Another Vietnam is on the way it seems. It will solve nothing, mind you ! It has just served so far to unite all arabs/muslims against USA. I see it on TV more and more. Thank You, Mr. President ! You have started a fire that'll very hard to deal with ! Exactly what I was afraid for. And that could be seen long in advance for anyone who has a brain to really see what's at stake here ! Oil and, naively, a control of the era by the USA, and on the other side, a fertile soil for anger against America. WHAT A MESS ! UNBELIEVABLE ! We haven't change since ancient times. History is for fools, memory is a stranger. <br><br>And some colonel on TV said that they would consider themselves lucky if only 1 out of 5 Americans soldiers would die in the next Bagdad invasion. <br><br>Count the bodies now ! Expect more !     :(    

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 11:05 am 

ok<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:29 pm 

Mungo... Bush has never earned anything in his life. He has been given everything he has ever owned or attained. The quote fits you perfectly though. Speaks to your "informed nature" which is as full of bunk as the Bush administration. I laugh everytime I see that quote.<br>Thank you for brightening my day with the reminder of Bush's ineptness. <br>