Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Alternative news
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:25 pm 

I'm not one of them and I still assume that I know nothing.
Safer that way.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 am 
Banned

The Top Short-Term Threat to Humanity: The Fuel Pools of Fukushima

Washington’s Blog
April 7, 2012
We noted days after the Japanese earthquake that the biggest threat was from the spent fuel rods in the fuel pool at Fukushima unit number 4, and not from the reactors themselves. See this and this.
We noted in February:
Scientists say that there is a 70% chance of a magnitude 7.0 earthquake hitting Fukushima this year, and a 98% chance within the next 3 years.
Given that nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that an earthquake of 7.0 or larger could cause the entire fuel pool structure collapse, it is urgent that everything humanly possible is done to stabilize the structure housing the fuel pools at reactor number 4.
Tepco is doing some construction at the building … it is a race against time under very difficult circumstances, and hopefully Tepco will win.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-top-sho ... shima.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 am 
Banned

Study: EPA-approved GMO insecticide responsible for killing off bees, contaminating entire food chain

Jonathan Benson
Natural News
Monday, April 9, 2012
Early last year, leaked documents obtained by a Colorado beekeeper exposed the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency‘s (EPA) illegitimate approval of clothianidin, a highly-toxic pesticide manufactured by Bayer CropScience that the regulatory agency knew was capable of killing off bees (http://www.naturalnews.com/030921_EPA_pesticides.html).
Now, a new study out of Purdue University in Indiana has not only confirmed, once again, that clothianidin is killing off bees, but also that clothianidin’s toxicity is systemic throughout the entire food chain, which could one day lead to the catastrophic destruction of the food supply.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/study-epa-a ... chain.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:49 pm 
Banned

TSA Brags About Confiscating Can Of Chicken Soup

Angry Americans demand to know why billions is being spent on ineffective agency
Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
April 16, 2012

Anyone who follows the TSA blog, run by “Bob”, will know that from time to time the agency attempts to offset the ballooning negative public opinion directed towards it, and the openly criminal behaviour of its employees, by bragging about “dangerous” items that it has discovered and confiscated from the luggage and persons of those traveling through the nation’s airports.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/tsa-brags-a ... -soup.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:44 pm 

As you know I travel a lot and I find the TSA checks to be simple and easy for their part and all the trouble comes from the uneducated, unprepared, and uncooprative public, if they only would read the many signs alone it would go much smoother. As to horror stories my wife and I traveled to Oklahoma in I think 2006 and she had a run in with a gal agent that was really trying to set her up (in Phoenix AZ), if I had not been there to talk them through it I am sure my wife would at the very least been detained, if not arrested, it was going south quick.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm 

Last Sept 9th ,( right before the big ten yr anniversary ) the wife , myself and our 21 yr old son took at trip to see a cousin in San Fran.
2 days after we got there , the wife looked in the bottom of her camera case , and , lo and behold , a little treat of something that's very frowned upon by most other states than Calif.

Sure glad it was a direct flight. :wink:

:smoke: :smoke:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5