Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: War Epigrams
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 3:59 pm 

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them! - Einstein<br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:05 pm 

(on war) Insanity is when you keep doing the same things expecting different results - Rita Mae Brown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 4:09 pm 

I don't know what kind of weapons will be used in the third world war, assuming there will be a third world war. But I can tell you what the fourth world war will be fought with -- stone clubs  -  Einstein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:38 am 

war does not decide who is right but only those who are left.<br><br>(can't remember who)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:46 am 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=0#0 date=03/25/03 at 17:24:51]What is one statement you can make about this war[/quote]<br><br>Precision missiles are not that precise. :( (P. Ikachu)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:02 pm 

I'd like to kick Dubya in the crotch over and over again until I can no longer walk and have it taped so that I can watch it over and over again until my eyes give out and then I'll listen to the tape over and over again  until I can no longer hear at which time I'll have someone "replay" it for me in sign language  (as in the hand over hand technique) over and over again until I lose the sense of touch at which time I'll rely on my pleasant memories of highlights from the tape of me kicking Dubya in the crotch over and over again.<br>How'd I do?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:32 pm 

freedom aint ordained , its earned<br><br>george w. bush

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:38 pm 

[quote author=Catpuke link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=0#10 date=03/26/03 at 14:02:20]I'd like to kick Dubya in the crotch over and over again until I can no longer walk and have it taped so that I can watch it over and over again until my eyes give out and then I'll listen to the tape over and over again  until I can no longer hear at which time I'll have someone "replay" it for me in sign language  (as in the hand over hand technique) over and over again until I lose the sense of touch at which time I'll rely on my pleasant memories of highlights from the tape of me kicking Dubya in the crotch over and over again.<br>How'd I do?[/quote]<br><br><br>I wish I said that!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:36 pm 

War war is stupid and people are stupid<br>And love means nothing in some strange quarters<br>War war is stupid and people are stupid<br>And I heard them banging on hearts and fingers<br><br>- The great Boy George  ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:51 am 

[quote author=Baby Snake link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=15#15 date=03/26/03 at 19:36:19]War war is stupid and people are stupid<br>And love means nothing in some strange quarters<br>War war is stupid and people are stupid<br>And I heard them banging on hearts and fingers<br><br>- The great Boy George  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Desecrating the FZ web board with the likes of Boy George, even in jest, is just, UGH!!! :P :-/ :'(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:40 am 

[quote author=arrcee link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=15#16 date=03/27/03 at 06:51:25]<br><br>Desecrating the FZ web board with the likes of Boy George, even in jest, is just, UGH!!! :P :-/ :'([/quote]<br><br>"And groups that look real queer......<br>I'll tumble for ya " etc..<br><br>"Do you really wanna hurt me ?<br>Ooh , we sure do !"<br><br>Even FZ "desecrated" his songs with Boy George's lyrics .  ;)<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:32 am 

[quote author=Baby Snake link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=15#18 date=03/27/03 at 12:40:28]<br><br>"And groups that look real queer......<br>I'll tumble for ya " etc..<br><br>"Do you really wanna hurt me ?<br>Ooh , we sure do !"<br><br>Even FZ "desecrated" his songs with Boy George's lyrics .  ;)<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>True, but why compound the horror?  ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:06 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=general;num=1048641892;start=0#0 date=03/25/03 at 17:24:51]What is one statement you can make about this war, any war, all wars, the people in them, the reasons for them...  No arguments, just epigrams, psalms, quotes, mottos, quips...<br>[/quote]<br>1) Out of President Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad guy.<br><br>I know I should only include one quote, but this comes from a list of ten and I have to throw these in, too...<br><br>2) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before they try to kill us.<br><br>3) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel!" and Bin Laden wants you dead, too."<br><br>   -Dennis Miller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:51 am 

"support the black metal war or f.o.a.d."<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 10:12 pm 

I don't know that atheists should be considered citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."-- George Bush <br><br>This is just bad.<br><br>