Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: '88 Band
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:07 am 

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I'm new here.  ;D Over at AMG, their review of "Best Band You Never Heard..." states:<br><br>"This is the best band you never heard in your life because the 12-piece group disintegrated after only four months of touring through the U.S. East Coast and Europe."<br><br>That kind of gives you the impression that the band imploded. Was that the case? Were there issues in the band, disagreements, etc.?

Post subject: Re: '88 Band
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:17 pm 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=general;num=1049987225;start=0#2 date=04/10/03 at 14:07:04]this topic contains some interesting links about the '88 band:<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1030234839;start=<br><br> 8)[/quote]<br><br>Thanks. Interesting stuff. I was lucky enough to catch this band on February 6 at the Beacon Theatre. I was only 17, and though already a big FZ fan, I feel today like I didn't really know what I was witnessing. <br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:27 pm 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=general;num=1049987225;start=0#2 date=04/10/03 at 14:07:04]this topic contains some interesting links about the '88 band:<br><br>http://www.zappa.com/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=rant;action=display;num=1030234839;start=<br><br> 8)[/quote]<br><br>I will never stop learning, thanks to this forum!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 12:31 pm 

From Scott Thunes Web site(http://www.geoscott.com/oaqs.html#4):<br><br>
Quote:
Ed Mann has been in touch, so that's one of the two aforementioned ex-fellow-band members taken off the shit-list. Ed has apologized and been completely rehabilitated (I'm ironically using Stalinist terminology). I am very happy to say that Ed is one human who has followed a path and found himself happily at the other end of a long journey with more useful information than he started with.