Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Unwanted e-mails
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:21 am 

I have a hotmail adress, I get the crap all the time. But how do you unhide your address?<br><br>-Otis ???

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:31 am 

Oh, I figured it out, theres a little box checked in which shouldnt be checked in so Ill just uncheck it.<br><br>What I just said really didnt make sense....<br><br>-Otis :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:11 pm 

[quote author=Easter Hay link=board=general;num=1050070636;start=0#4 date=04/11/03 at 13:17:44]<br><br>superfluous[/quote]<br><br>Hey, wait a minute! You don't come around since March 22nd, and then you just come waltzing in here and use a big word like "superfluous"? The nerve!

>You don't.

Post subject: re: unwanted e-mails
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:18 pm 

could be the hotmail people

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 12:19 pm 

I think people guess the addresses sometimes, but I just ignore tham anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:12 pm 

That does make sense. I use a SPAM e-mail for registration, I only give out my REAL e-mail to people who I really trust. I think that's what most people do!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:25 pm 

[quote author=poncho link=board=general;num=1050070636;start=0#9 date=04/11/03 at 17:12:11]That does make sense. I use a SPAM e-mail for registration, I only give out my REAL e-mail to people who I really trust. I think that's what most people do![/quote]<br><br>also, the cookie set by the zappa forum may have info you don't want to divulge.....if your 'puter is registered in your real name, the cookies come in as cookie:[tt]your name[/tt]@zappa.com....if your at work, it probably comes in at just [tt]cookie@zappa.com[/tt] or cookie:pc52@zappa.com, so watch out .... open the cookie with notepad; it has [tt]ZAPPAusernameyour login namewww.zappa.com/0[/tt] & a string of characters.....<br>[font=rubber stamp let]coshum[/font]: other websites can look at your cookies , but not your password, however if you can get a copy of someones zappa forum cookie, you can fool the server into thinking it's the other person and login as them without knowing their password....<br><br>i dreamed i got chucki spambare's cookie logged in as him, & deleted all his spam ;D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 2:30 pm 

I don't know too much about cookies, but even though they are supposed to be good, they seem to be flawed. Silly Microsoft is all I have to say!

Post subject: re: unwanted e-mails
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 4:56 pm 

you may have thousands of cookies

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:09 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=general;num=1050070636;start=0#8 date=04/11/03 at 17:05:19][center][font=arial]Let me preface this by stating that I am a certified computer numbskull. Not that my numbskullitude is limited to that single facet, but anyways, come here and sit on my lap and I'll tell you a story...comfy?...mmm, you're warm...ahem...<br>I used to have a "visible" email addy here at the ol' Z-Forum, but I removed it after having numerous e-mails with malicious (viral) attachments sent to me. I noticed that the path of said e-mails had contained the e-mail addies of a few fellow Z-Forumers here. My antivirus filter software "quarrantined" these naughty little character strings and alerted me to their presence. In my foolish haste, I purged my 'puter of these pernicious packages before documenting the e-mail addies of the other afflicted Z-Forumers so that I might alert them. Duhhh...so, hopefully the other carriers of this virus have been able to restore their computers' health just in case my addy is still contained within their address books. I haven't had a recurrence of the problem for a while, so maybe "we cool".<br><br>Moral: I don't fucking know. Other than it might be a good thing for anyone who freely makes available their e-mail addy to arm their PC with some good antivirus protection (and learn how it works), and to pray that the folks who use their addy do, too.<br><br>Well, that's my little story. Did any of it make sense?<br>Hey, you can stay on my lap if you wanna.<br>I, uhmm, really shouldn't stand up right now, anyway.<br> :-*[/font][/center][/quote]<br>GREAT!!!!Like I wasn't paranoid enough (who said that..)NOW I UN-Listed my E-Mail address...!!!!until further notice....... :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:56 pm 

I'M EMPLOYING THE "CLOAKING DEVICE"and I will become INVINCEABLE....uhh I mean ...INVISABLE!!!<br> >:( >:( >:( >:(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 5:59 pm 

[quote author=white person link=board=general;num=1050070636;start=0#8 date=04/11/03 at 17:05:19][center][font=arial]<br><br> Did any of it make sense?<br>Hey, you can stay on my lap if you wanna.<br>I, uhmm, really shouldn't stand up right now, anyway.<br> :-*[/font][/center][/quote]<br><br>Oh it makes sense whitey! It makes perfect sense! OH GOD YES it makes sense!! OH WHITEY! There's something I need to tell you...I wrote you a SONN  oh...hi honey...ohhh, I'm not up to anything sweetums what're you up to?  (PSSST! whitey! LATER!)

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 1:09 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1050070636;start=0#13 date=04/11/03 at 19:56:48]<br>cookies are a way of snooping in on your browsing pattern....some websites will set a cookie every time you clik yer mouse, so they know what you looked at, when, & how long....a cookie is a small text file placed on your hard drive by a web page server, essentially your i.d. card, and theoretically can't be executed as code or deliver viruses - it saves time if you personalize pages or register for products/services/forums etc.... a cookie helps remember who you are .... next time you return, they know if you requested info or registered ....any questions you already answered don't have to be re-entered...you can order your browser to accept all cookies or alert you every time a cookie is offered (a real pain in the butt- pop-up city) & decide whether to accept one or not....
  • choose tools
  • internet options
  • click the privacy tab
  • default setting is medium, move the slider to determine which setting you prefer
  • you can also click on advanced for specialized cookie treatment
- only the zappa forum gets to set a cookie on my drive, or else i have to log in w/username & password each time i changed web pages on this forum<br><br>how to see cookies you've accepted:
  • tools,
  • internet options
  • under the tab general (the default tab) clik settings
  • then view files.
you may have thousands of cookies on your drive if you've never cleaned them up<br><br><br>[/quote]<br><br>I clean up the cookies with a software called ad aware.....http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ . That´s one of the places that you can get it from.<br>