Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Bush Vs. Saddam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 8:05 pm 

This board has been a hotbed of political discussion for months on end, and now it looks like war in Iraq will commence in a matter of days. <br><br>At the end of every war the cessation of hostilities occurs when one side ultimately imposes its will upon the other and emerges victorious.<br><br>Although many nations comprise the coalition to depose Saddam, the focus of anti-war frustration on this board has been George Bush. <br><br>The focus of frustration for those supporting the efforts to disarm Saddam has been Saddam Hussein himself.<br><br>This thread isn't intended for the arguing of ideology ("I am anti-war") or the venting of platitudes ("in war, nobody wins, everybody loses"); it is intended to be a platform for the choosing of sides in the coming conflict.<br><br>In your heart of hearts, you know that you hold a preference for one of the following:<br><br>1) You hope that Saddam is overthrown;<br><br>2) You hope that the coalition is defeated;<br><br>3) You are informed yet have no preference;<br><br>4) You have no opinion.<br><br>So, here's a chance to tell the forum, and, by extension, the world:<br><br>Are you for Bush or Saddam?  

Post subject: Re: Bush Vs. Saddam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 11:34 pm 

r u ready for the kuwait boogie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:19 am 

[quote author=Them link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=0#0 date=03/18/03 at 22:05:08]Are you for Bush or Saddam?  [/quote]<br><br>this is a question that disregards other possible stands -it is a simplification of the situation, and you know it.<br><br>My stance:<br><br>- I hope Sadam will be overthrown<br>- but I am against the way Bush is handeling things<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:51 am 

The question is way too simplistic. It's one of these "Are you white, are you black ?" kind of questions that Bush affectionate. It lacks depth, so many won't answer or will do but not in such the way you hope.<br><br>I'm anti-Bush AND anti-Saddam. For me, they are two tyrants at diverse degree. This is one choice you should have put in your list. Otherwise, it's like "Do you like Mom or do you like Dad ?"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:40 am 

I also agree that there is no choice to be had. Bush hammers at the U.N. about Saddam's failure to follow U.N. guidelines and then turns around and defies the U.N.<br>Lying sack of hypocritical dung.<br><br>Yes this topic is typical of those who think in black and white. Therein lies the problem. It is not black and white no matter how hard Bush( or them) tries to sway the public through Fleisher or Rove. (Bush is not allowed to talk anymore, everything he says is what the voices in his earpiece say.)<br><br>To take this topic in a different light I would love to see Bush and Saddam go at it. Who do you think would win? Saddam for sure, unless Bush was coked up and drunk!!!! ( maybe that is why he has made these little man decisions )<br>It really all is a game and unfortunately the people Bush claims he is trying to protect are the same ones he is willing to sacrifice.<br>Be prepared for more major terrorist events to take place to show us just how much we need Patriot act Part II...cause there are still some liberties that can be taken away. <br>The United Police States of Corporate Theivery and Governmental Shenanigans (once the Home Of the Brave and Free)<br><br>Them is so busy telling us what the choices are that he has failed to understand he can't see the forest because his tv and mirror are blocking the view. Do you think "Them Or Us" was a joke or serious? Them seems to take it seriously but I snicker. <br>Fact is we live on this planet together so we should stop this nonsense...<br>"It won't blow up and disappear, it will just look ugly for a thousand years." It already is becoming homely.<br>Conquer and divide. Problem, Reaction, Solution. The Protocals of the Elders of Zion may be a farce but they are followed to a "t" by Mr. Bush and his Zionist soothsayers.<br><br>Bush is acting just like Saddam and is preparing to "kill his own people" which is the catchphrase that so many have hung their decisions on. He has announced to the world his willingness to sacrifice Americans for the undeclared war on terror.<br><br>The more I think about it, I would not be surprised that Saddam is still on the CIA payroll with Bin Laden, living in style in Israel. <br><br>Sorry if I digressed, the topic doesn't fly<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:39 am 

givin the certainty that the united states , uk , australia, turkey , denmark and poland are about to send troops into iraq with the goodwill & support of the 18 other european nations to deal with saddam,  the question posed by THEM was perfectly reasonable - he asked us for a short, precise and unambiguous statement of what we hope will happen.<br><br>did he get that straight answer he was lookin for ? <br><br>off some yes, but from the usual suspects still a heap of confused  clap trap - look its easy : <br><br>THEM, I HOPE ITS NO.1<br><br>mungo<br><br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:06 pm 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=0#3 date=03/19/03 at 04:19:02]<br><br>- I hope Sadam will be overthrown<br>[/quote]<br><br>I appreciate your answer.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:08 pm 

[quote author=Papagajas link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=0#1 date=03/18/03 at 23:02:45]I would say I'm on Bush's side, Saddam must fall[/quote]<br><br>Thank you for the reply.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:10 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=0#6 date=03/19/03 at 06:33:39]If I was to pick one, I'd pick #3 and add that I'm against aggression, and pro-diplomacy.[/quote]<br><br>Fair enough, thanks.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:13 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=0#12 date=03/19/03 at 12:39:10]<br><br>THEM, I HOPE ITS NO.1<br><br>mungo<br>[/quote]<br><br>Thank you mungo.<br>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:08 pm 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=15#17 date=03/19/03 at 14:17:07]I don't care about the fukkin war anymore.<br>Saddam's a bastard, Bush is a bastard.<br>Innocent people are going to be killed and we can't do a damn thing about it with all the protests so there ain't no use to keep discussing about it.<br>You simply can't stop some people from being mad, greedy assholes.[/quote]<br><br>YEAH. <br><br>From the same guy (W) who claims that HE is a democratic guy although he don't care about peace protestors who worldwide are far more numerous than the pro-wars, thus proving to the world that HE IS NOT what he claims to be, a democratic guy leading a democratic country. HYPOCRITE.<br><br>From the same guy claiming to protect Iraqi people and now on the verge now to bomb them. HYPOCRITE.<br><br>I thought a good definition of 'HYPOCRITE' was long overdued, since I've been called that so many times by you know who.<br><br>Hypocrite is saying one thing thing and doing the exact opposite !. Fits Bush perfectly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 1:10 pm 

Mungo, I foooooking like your attitude. That flag. That message underneath it. You crazy diamond dog...<br><br>I saw yr new imaginary, and it gave me the best laugh of the day yet, and it is already night over here. You really made my day.<br><br>The clock is thicking: about 2 hours to go until the war can start. kinda exciting, I must admit. what a strange kinda perverted twist this all gets in my mind. <br><br>btw, Them, I appreciate your appreciation, really. I hope it will be a quick and not-too-traumatic-for-the-world overthrowing.  Probably it will be quick and rather painless, so what the hell were we talking about all these months?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:33 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=15#18 date=03/19/03 at 15:08:13]<br><br>YEAH. <br><br>From the same guy (W) who claims that HE is a democratic guy although he don't care about peace protestors who worldwide are far more numerous than the pro-wars, thus proving to the world that HE IS NOT what he claims to be, a democratic guy leading a democratic country. HYPOCRITE.[/quote]<br><br>Well gee willikers Mij, he's not a globalist and he doesn't represent worldwide peace protestors; in fact as Ronny's_Noomies has pointed out a majority of Americans support him on this issue (it's around 70%).<br><br>(I should say here that the U.S. isn't a democracy; it's a republic.)<br><br>But look at Tony Blair; there's a man with the courage of his convictions in the face of a political firestorm in his own country. Is he a hypocrite, or is he a fearless leader?<br><br>[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=15#18 date=03/19/03 at 15:08:13]<br><br>From the same guy claiming to protect Iraqi people and now on the verge now to bomb them. HYPOCRITE.[/quote]<br><br>No, Mij; his statements aren't about claiming to want to protect the Iraqi people; he is talking about liberating them from the tyranny to which they've been subject for the last 30 years.<br><br>Saddam Hussein kills his own people intentionally; the coalition will attempt to preserve the lives of innocent civilians while destroying resistance from the Iraqi military, destroying military installations and destroying their illegal weapons (chemical, biological, maybe even nuclear). <br><br>[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=15#18 date=03/19/03 at 15:08:13]<br><br>Hypocrite is saying one thing thing and doing the exact opposite !. Fits Bush perfectly.[/quote]<br><br>How Mij?<br><br>He's been warning Saddam to disarm for months and he's told the world that if Saddam doesn't do it, the United States will lead a coalition of forces to disarm him. He has stated that the U.S. doesn't need the approval of the UN to act, and it doesn't. He attempted to seek a vote from the UN Security Council to garner support for this mission in order to give the UN an opportunity to enforce its resolutions, but he was obstructed at every turn by France and Germany. Now the UN is irrelevant. The majority of the countries of Europe are standing with the U.S.<br><br>Bush is doing exactly what he's said he was going to do if Saddam didn't disarm. Rather than disliking Bush's hypocrisy, you are disgusted by his honesty.<br><br>I have called you a hypocrite because it's obvious to me that although you call yourself "anti-war," you really aren't. You are anti-Bush. If you were truly anti-war, you would have realized that Bush meant what he said when he threatened action if Saddam didn't disarm and used (at the very least) your time here posting anti-Saddam screeds. You would have organized protests demanding that Saddam disarm for the sake of peace. <br><br>But you haven't done that. You have used your time to rake George Bush over the coals repeatedly and state, weakly and only when pushed, "I think Saddam is a bad guy too." <br><br>Sorry Mij. I don't buy it for a second.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:45 pm 

bb, it could get very ugly. Saddam has authorized the use of chemical weapons on coalition forces. I won't be surprised if he he targets Israel (and Israel isn't sending in troops). I won't be surprised if he uses chemical weapons on his own people. He's done it before.<br><br>I know we have disagreed in the past but I share your hope for a swift end to this thing. Hey, Saddam still has 16 minutes to leave Iraq! Who knows?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 4:11 pm 

Them I have a question about the UN vote.<br>Is it not OK if people vote the way they vote. Does everyone not have an equal say?<br>The US has used the UN since its formation to increase the Pax Americana. When they disagree with the UN they flip a bird. The US refuses to sign the same treaties it shoves down "rogue" nations throats.<br>Now the empire makes its move and goes after Iraq.<br>There are resolutions right now in the Senate to do the same in Iran. <br>When does it end? When the United States has troops in every country to show that America has the power to rule the globe?<br>If you want to know what the plan is check out the Project for a New American Century "Statement of Purpose" at http://www.newamericancentury.org/state ... ciples.htm <br>They make killing innocent people sound fun

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next