Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bush Vs. Saddam
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:00 am 

Mungo you are totally controlled, you have been stuffed into W's mold ( and yes "mold" is a pun )<br><br>If you think Afghanistan was sucess at setting up a democracy or even "liberation" I laugh in your face as the day is long. Bush forgot aid to afghanistan. He is allowing the Taliban to regain power. The democracy in the region equates to the old war lords regaining their ground. Chana<br><br>Mungo my stance against the current administration is not personal, and it is not primarily against Bush because he is not calling the shots. He is a pawn and Cheney and crew are the much more dangerous ones.<br>Bush is not a master of intellect, he does what he is told. You seem to do as you are told also. I cant fault obedience unless it obvious ignorance.your artificial cut off line after 1945 is also a nonsense of course <br>"- i can think of no american benefit to nothin since , um , 2002 - silly aint it ? " Yes so silly. I agree. No american benefit.<br><br>Perhaps Bush has learned from his past but his lies are fairly recent (election) so I guess he really has not changed. Yes I think that chances that the basic character of Mr. Bush have changed for the better are non existent as the control of Basra or the yew peninsula.<br><br>You should be ashamed Mungo for putting on blinders, and calling the dog a god.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:54 am 

ok ronnies, i really cant comment on the who said what when and to whom thing regarding dubya and his past life / misdomeanours , as i dont really keep up with the exact detail of that one - i will just accept there is some sort of issue there ok. <br>i liked the video clip of the duet btw. it brought a tear to my eye and had me reaching for the confetti . <br><br>on the subject of this thing and the islamic world i have to disagree , their opinions would have been carefully considerd and soundings taken as to likely reactions , which , as far as i can see are not all totally hostile to gettin rid of saddam and his crew - i see the full gamet of moslem opinion on tv and its as vairied as ours here.<br><br>ok amonra thats fine. <br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:42 am 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=195#206 date=04/05/03 at 08:05:26]http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/html.html <br>This Just In....<br><br>I can't believe some of the pro-war posts I'm reading... HERE at a Frank Zappa-forum?<br>Do you people really believe that this invasion has anything to do with whether Saddam had weapons of mass-destruction or not? And all this talk about liberating the Iraqi people? <br><br>If you would just try to see through the smokescreens laid out by the media, you might just be able to spot some Very Right-Wing Religious Fanatics and a gang of Greasy Oil Barons, lurking in the shadows....<br>And maybe you should listen to Dumb All Over....<br>Hail The New Emperor! World Domination!<br>[/quote]<br><br>Agree with you 100%. Me too, I'm stunned that some Zappa fans didn't see the hoax. Too much believe in "We are the world, we are the police, God is on our side, it's for their good, if we let them they will destroy the world, we will liberate them, they will thank us for that" kind of crap, not to mention the Bush flavor of the week ! Not realizing that if there's terrorism in the first place, there must be a reason. When you're so full of yourself, you can't even see you straight when you're in front of a mirror.<br><br>I'd wish the ol' man was still there. He'd kick some ass, beginning with some of us here.   8)  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:47 pm 

[quote author=LumpyGravy link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=195#206 date=04/05/03 at 08:05:26]http://www.zappa.com/cheezoid/html.html <br>This Just In....<br><br>I can't believe some of the pro-war posts I'm reading... HERE at a Frank Zappa-forum?<br>Do you people really believe that this invasion has anything to do with whether Saddam had weapons of mass-destruction or not? And all this talk about liberating the Iraqi people? <br><br>If you would just try to see through the smokescreens laid out by the media, you might just be able to spot some Very Right-Wing Religious Fanatics and a gang of Greasy Oil Barons, lurking in the shadows....<br><br>And maybe you should listen to Dumb All Over....<br><br>Hail The New Emperor! World Domination!<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>You'll notice that most of the people replying within this thread have contributed to the discussion by presenting well-reasoned (or at the very least, strongly felt) arguments. Your reply is not among them...you've merely attempted to mock the viewpoints of those who believe that this war is necessary. You've fallen short.<br><br>Exhortations and sloganeering do not an argument make.<br>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:10 pm 

Here's my take on the war: <br><br>It's all about OIL Hundreds of billions of dollars worth of OIL I would prefer that anyone other than Saddam Hussein be in control of that OIL<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:20 am 

Image<br>[center]Image[/center]<br>[center]<br>Image[/center]<br>[center]<br>Image[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:33 am 

yes. a great day for the coalition, more importantly, a great day for the people of iraq. <br><br>as for saddam , chirac and all those who dont like what they see - eat shit .<br><br>mungo<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:56 am 

mungo...for you...these are from Basra:<br><br>[center]An Iraqi boy gives a flower to a British infantryman:<br><br>Image[/center]<br>[center]Iraqi women dance and wave as British paratroopers walk past:<br><br>Image[/center]<br>[center]British soldiers give their chocolate candy to Iraqi children:<br><br>Image[/center]<br><br>[center]The joy of gum:<br><br>Image[/center]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:16 am 

A man sees what he wants to see and he disregards the rest.<br><br>We could probably post some pictures of another nature, like the recent bombing of an Hotel with Press people in it, but, it wouldn't convince the pro-war guys anyway. Just like these posted pics didn't convinced me as you guess.<br><br>By the way, so far, they haven't found any mass destruction weapons ? Right ? Unless it changes dramatically, I should ask...<br><br>WHY DID WE HAVE A WAR SO FAR ?<br><br>Humm... the guy was supposed to be a world menace ? Right ? Seems like Bush lied to the whole world so far ! Who could believe a liar ? Dummies ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:28 am 

We now have Mij on the record:<br><br>1) Saddam is not a world menace.<br><br>2) Bush is a liar.<br><br>The Iraqi people are singing the praises of the coalition far and wide and destroying images of Saddam wherever they find them;<br><br>Mij is feasting as his stomach churns on the sourest of grapes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:31 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=210#212 date=04/09/03 at 14:16:33]A man sees what he wants to see and he disregards the rest.<br><br>We could probably post some pictures of another nature, like the recent bombing of an Hotel with Press people in it, but, it wouldn't convince the pro-war guys anyway. Just like these posted pics didn't convinced me as you guess.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>agree agree agree agree agree agree agree<br><br>I count 37 Iraqui people in photoes Posted by "Them"... but how many died? How can you think to justify a war with a child giving a flower to a soldier? Don't you remember films in wich Hitler kissed german children? Was he a school-teacher? I don't think so... Why USA and UK decided to save Iraq and not Sudan? Why not Colombia? Why yes Chile giving Pinochet like a heaven's gift? I hope USA will not "save" Brazil from Lula's dangerous government!!! Open your eyes guys! That's not reality, that's propaganda! I will never say a word to save Saddam's image but I will always cry against people killed, in USA as in Iraq.<br><br>Sadly, Ciao

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:46 am 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=210#214 date=04/09/03 at 14:31:34]<br><br>agree agree agree agree agree agree agree<br><br>I count 37 Iraqui people in photoes Posted by "Them"... but how many died? How can you think to justify a war with a child giving a flower to a soldier? Don't you remember films in wich Hitler kissed german children? Was he a school-teacher? I don't think so... Why USA and UK decided to save Iraq and not Sudan? Why not Colombia? Why yes Chile giving Pinochet like a heaven's gift? I hope USA will not "save" Brazil from Lula's dangerous government!!! Open your eyes guys! That's not reality, that's propaganda! I will never say a word to save Saddam's image but I will always cry against people killed, in USA as in Iraq.<br><br>Sadly, Ciao[/quote]<br><br>Sad, isn't it ?<br><br>Some are so washed down in propagandas ! They are laughable at best. Not being able to see through that haze... Just the opposite of what Frank told us in his living years. Their brain stopped there ! There ain't no way to make that brain go further. There's a wall in their mind and it seems they took confort there. <br><br>Sad. Sad. Sad.<br><br>Everything M. Bush says is words of wisdoms for them. America is never wrong ! In the next few years, they'll realise what this war will bring out. It'll make their brain go a step further hopefully. <br> ::)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:54 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=210#215 date=04/09/03 at 14:46:06]<br><br>Sad, isn't it ?<br><br>Some are so washed down in propagandas ! They are laughable at best. Not being able to see through that haze... Just the opposite of what Frank told us in his living years. Their brain stopped there ! There ain't no way to make that brain go further. There's a wall in their mind and it seems they took confort there. <br><br>Sad. Sad. Sad.<br><br>Everything M. Bush says is words of wisdoms for them. America is never wrong ! In the next few years, they'll realise what this war will bring out. It'll make their brain go a step further hopefully. <br> ::)[/quote]<br><br>Really sad. I think that is all a VICIOUS CIRCLE, war after war, Iraq after Iraq, 11th september after 11th september... we will be real men only if we will have the strength to leave the last word to the enemy! That means being men! <br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:32 pm 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general;num=1048053908;start=210#219 date=04/09/03 at 20:00:26]<br>And we also have Them on record as being the most gullible sucker the Republican party ever had.[/quote]<br><br>That will be measured after the fact, Ronnys_Noomies.<br><br>Considering your own record, you might want to hold onto your assumptions until the liberation of Iraq is over.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:20 am 

I knew something was wrong with that sentence when I wrote it but I was too tired to figure out what it was.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:25 am 

The people are out in the streets cheering for their liberators in much the same way they went out into the streets to cheer for Saddam... out of fear. Things really can not get much worse for these people, but with the US track record of liberation we are sure they will be out in the streets cheering for their next dictator real soon. <br>The only wise thing that them has said is that we will have to wait to see. If we wait long enough the Bush regime will go down as the worst administration since the one that brought us the NEW DEAL, but now it is called NO DEAL. <br>Short sighted, willfully ignorant supporters of a fascist regime. Bush VS Saddam Both meet the criteria<br>If we give up our freedom we will be safe... HA HA HA<br>If we give up the very thing that sets us apart from the rest of the world we become...drumroll... the rest of the world. <br>Get ready people 2003 has alot in store for us. The economy is sure to turn around with all the layoffs and forclosures. War and debt are good for the economy. Killing people makes their friends and families like us.<br>Reason and logic are tools of the devil, All you need is faith in GOD.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next