Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bush versus Syria
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:11 am 

Cant say I agree with this war and as far as anything else goes he has done, I havent been able to figure out what he has done, oh yeah<br><br>Less new business,<br>piss off foreign trade countries<br>piss off minorities<br>piss off middle class workers<br>piss off transportation conglomorate (ie: airlines)<br><br>and <br><br>NEW HIGH IN UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!<br>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:19 am 

bb, you're either for a war in Syria, or against a war in Syria. What position in between may exist on that matter ? It may sound black and white for you, but, sometime, there's black and white situations. Try and explain your point of view. Being for and against a war at the same times ? The situation may be complex but it ends up in a war, or no war. Two choices. Is there a third ?<br><br>Now bb, do you know how to read IN SEQUENCE ? I never directed my point toward any names here. It was DB who came, insulted, although I never adressed him personnaly. Read his reply ! I didn't mentioned his name in my first post. REREAD ! And THEN, he called me an arrogant asshole ! HE was the first to throw names at me, not the other way around. BE HONEST ABOUT IT ! I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE THOUGHT I WAS ADRESSING HIM PERSONNALY ! OTHERWISE, WE'RE IN FOR CENSORSHIP HERE ! I never said that DB was a dead-brain, that's him who did and I just recognised the fact that he did ! Simple as that !<br>And after that, since he called me an asshole, I thought that it gave me the licence to do the same about him, since he was getting PERSONNAL with me ! I don't see how that can be difficult to understand ?<br><br>And tell me where I quoted somebody before he called me an asshole ?<br><br>And there lots of violent replies in this forum. You have to learn to stand the heat. The topics here are not for kindergarten for sure.<br><br>Oh, I know what fooled you ! I forgot the little smiling Icons. More fool me !<br><br>So here's one... ;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:30 pm 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#22 date=04/16/03 at 02:54:25]<br><br>yes, but didn't Cheney, in the UN-council, claimed also 'as fact', that Sadam had these weapons? <br>Now, with the 'evidence' they gave back then, their 'solid information' and the fact that US/UK-troops control the country by now, it shouldn't be to hard to find some real smoking guns withing this and, lets say, 3 weeks?[/quote]<br><br>I remember Colin Powell going before the UN more than once, most recently stating that he couldn't, due to the classified nature of the information in his posession, tell everything he knew to the Security Council; yet he made what to me was an overwhelmingly convincing case against Saddam:<br><br>1) A taped conversation of Republican Guard members discussing hiding a prohibited modified vehicle;<br><br>2) Satellite images of active, disguised chemical munitions bunkers;<br><br>3) Evidence that Saddam barred Iraqi scientists from participating in interviews with U.N. inspectors and forced them "to sign documents acknowledging that divulging information is punishable by death," in violation of 1441;<br><br>4) Evidence of mobile biological weapons labs, which came from firsthand accounts from four sources, among whom were an Iraqi chemical engineer who supervised one of the facilities and an Iraqi civil engineer "in a position to know the details of the program"; <br><br>5) Evidence regarding unaccounted-for nerve gas; <br><br>6) Evidence of an active Iraqi nuclear weapons program;<br><br>7) Evidence of Saddam's links to terrorist organizations, including Al-Qaeda. <br><br>I believed Powell. I still do, and I think timetable restrictions on the gathering of evidence would be unnecessarily counterproductive. I have heard reports that the evidence currently undergoing testing is being tested in a number of different labs in a number of different countries. Such efforts at amassing and testing evidence requires time, especially considering that Iraq is roughly the size of California and that over half of it is desert.<br><br>[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#22 date=04/16/03 at 02:54:25]<br><br>Moreover, if Sadam had any, why didn't he use them?[/quote]<br><br>He may not have had an opportunity. This was an unbelievably quick war. Iraqi leadership was on the run from the beginning of the war; communications between Iraqi Command And Control and the troops in the field were disrupted from day one. Saddam might even have been put out of commission in the first targeting bombing.<br><br>[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#22 date=04/16/03 at 02:54:25]<br><br>One other extra topping on this pizza:<br>Several UN-weapon inspectors declared that the satellitepictures that were shown to the UN by the US of sites that would produce weapons of massdestruction actually had totally nothing to do with weapons productions, not in the past and not now. <br><br>Don't you think it is a bit odd to start a war on half-truths, non-truths and rumours? There still hasn't been shown any evidence of smoking guns, not before the war, and not now.[/quote]<br><br>You don't know that the war was started on half-truths, non-truths or rumors. Do you?<br><br>The Bush administration knows what it knows.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:12 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=30#30 date=04/16/03 at 17:47:13][tt] Mij,<br><br>How can it be an insult, when you've already admitted that you are an arrogant asshole?  ???[/tt][/quote]<br><br>I didn't want you to feel alone when you said that you were a dead-brain !<br><br>That's my good nature !<br><br>Have a nice day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:24 pm 

No More War ! Stop the insanity only the innocent get hurt,this is not a game where if you loose you can just hit the reset button and start again !   :( :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 5:53 pm 

Only one life. A one shot deal. No extra-life on the side. Not a video game. How absurd it all seems in the course of the universe that we're at each other's throat. Peace should be the rule, not an exception.<br>And those who start these conflicts are rarely on the battlefield. If all the soldiers of this world just say NO, there would be no dictators, no generals to send the troops, nothing, zilch... And that goes for religious fanatics too. If your religion tells you to kill another soul, it's time to change. No one to fight, no war. And keep an eye on your leaders ! <br>Only one life...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:42 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#28 date=04/16/03 at 14:19:49]bb, you're either for a war in Syria, or against a war in Syria. What position in between may exist on that matter ? It may sound black and white for you, but, sometime, there's black and white situations. Try and explain your point of view. Being for and against a war at the same times ? The situation may be complex but it ends up in a war, or no war. Two choices. Is there a third ?[/quote]<br>My position is: I do not have enough information at the moment to be pro or against. My feelings are: against any war, but the totalitarian regimes should be dealt with by the UN. (See also Drumsticks reply.)<br><br>[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#28 date=04/16/03 at 14:19:49]Now bb, do you know how to read IN SEQUENCE ? I never directed my point toward any names here. It was DB who came, insulted, although I never adressed him personnaly. Read his reply ! I didn't mentioned his name in my first post. REREAD ! And THEN, he called me an arrogant asshole ! HE was the first to throw names at me, not the other way around. BE HONEST ABOUT IT ! I CAN'T HELP IT IF HE THOUGHT I WAS ADRESSING HIM PERSONNALY ! [/quote]<br>All true! But not to the point. My remark was about your reply to his reply. Jezus christ, are you mentally disabled?<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:55 am 

[quote author=Them link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#29 date=04/16/03 at 15:30:36]Colin Powell[/quote]<br>My mistake, indeed. <br><br>[quote author=Them link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#29 date=04/16/03 at 15:30:36]<br>2) Satellite images of active, disguised chemical munitions bunkers;[/quote]<br>Well, UN-inspectors say these sites had nothing to do with WMD. How about that?<br><br>All the other evidence Powell gave can be refuted in some sort of way. You say right:<br><br>[quote author=Them link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#29 date=04/16/03 at 15:30:36]I believed Powell.[/quote] <br>You are talking about 'facts' all the time, but you'll have to admit that, on both sides, it is a matter of belief, and not of proof. You dismissed Ronnys arguments because they were not proven. I dismiss all Powells arguments because they are not convincing enough (a blurry satellite image, etc, etc.). Hence, I dismiss all of your arguments. <br>This is not a real problem, but you should at least apply the same standarts to your arguments than the ones you demand of others.<br><br>E.g.:<br>[quote author=Them link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=15#29 date=04/16/03 at 15:30:36]You don't know that the war was started on half-truths, non-truths or rumors. Do you?[/quote]<br>You can't prove the contrary either, do you?<br><br>Hence, most of your demands for 'facts' (and use of) in these threads are just:<br>1) selective<br>2) rethoric<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:16 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=30#35 date=04/16/03 at 21:07:42][tt]<br><br>Fuck you! You are definitely an arrogant asshole and a liar.[/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Where's the lie ? No one could explain it to me clearly, since I WAS NOT THE ONE ADRESSING SOMEONE PERSONNALY LIKE YOU DID !<br>REREAD !<br><br>Tell me, CAN YOU READ IN SEQUENCE ? (starting with reply #1, then #2, and so on...). I'm just stating how it happened. I can't help it if you feel the way you did, treating yourself like you did ! I never said that you, DB, were a dead-brain. You took it for yourself ! So, what can I do ?<br><br>YOU ARE THE LIAR, NOT ME !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:19 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=30#37 date=04/17/03 at 03:42:07]<br>All true! But not to the point. My remark was about your reply to his reply. Jezus christ, are you mentally disabled?<br>[/quote]<br><br>He get personnal first ! So, why the fuss ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:38 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=30#42 date=04/17/03 at 14:58:38][tt]<br>Can anyone say, liar? ::) [/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Can anyone point me where I lied ?  ::) ::)<br><br>I never said that I didn't say that I said that I was an arrogant assholes. But, it seems you miss the mockery of that statement. Anyway, do we have to go through this again till the end of the world ?<br><br>(Do someone here have a headache pill ?)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:49 pm 

The story of a storm inside a glass of water<br><br>Mij 1st Post : Against Bush and his politics against Syria, hoping Bush adorators will open their eyes and not being counted in the hopeless dead-brain. No naming of nobody !<br><br>Db 1st Post: Thinks the post was directed at him. Call me an arrogant asshole, thus starting the hostility. Saying he don't agree with everything Bush does, so why he's is fussing about ? I don't know (and now I don't care). Anyway, since he called me an arrogant asshole, I decided to play the game like he did (my error cause he doesn't know how to play)<br><br>bb 1st post: OK post. No mention of Db temper tantrum<br><br>Mij 2nd post: THE WAR IS GOIN' ON ! Since I've been called an arrogant asshole, I thought I could act like one. in a mockery of Db. I forgot to put the little smiling Icon (my error). And I state the fact that Db called himself (no help from nobody) a dead-brain, even though he's telling me that he don't agree with everything Bush did. Why Db is calling himself a dead-brain is beyond me. Is he in a normal state ?<br><br>Return of bb: Miss the whole point and now there's 3 at war<br><br>Should I continue ? NO ! Let the childish games to somebody else but me.<br><br>I'll still say that Bush politics in Middle-East is a not a very wise way of doing things and that his dearest followers shouldn't be blind about him and they should use their brain and their sense of observations to analyse what's going on and where all this will lead us in the future. Is there someone naive enough to think that the arab/muslin world will sit still and do nothing ? (We're beginning to see it in Iraq, they don't want US troops to stay there too long). If these followers don't see the forecoming troubles on the way, following blindly someone who even can't tell us the real reason why the Iraq war was started (it changed every so often), what conclusion can one can come to ?<br><br>When all dust settles, USA will have win the Iraq war but will also have lost (wide-world respect, sympathy, and long-time friends,...). Was it worth it ?  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:53 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#45 date=04/17/03 at 16:49:03]The story of a storm inside a glass of water<br><br>Mij 2nd post:  ( ... ) And I state the fact that Db called himself (no help from nobody) a dead-brain, even though he's telling me that he don't agree with everything Bush did. Why Db is calling himself a dead-brain is beyond me. Is he in a normal state ?[/quote]<br><br>So, where exactly did Db called himself a dead-brain? If I can read correctly, he clearly states in his first post on this thread "I'm not a hopless dead-brain".<br><br>In your reply to that post, you ignore the fact that he says he actually is against bush on most accounts, use 'you' all the time after you quote him, etc. Do I have to tell you this all again?<br><br>In your little paraphrase of the story, you forget to mention the whole point it started for. You even twist a fact, as I just proved. Come on, give me a break. <br>Childish? Could be, my alter-ego Tuvok is ALWAYS deadly serious. <br><br>Moreover, I'd rather find it an adult thing to just (at least) admit you wrote a highly ambigious reply to Db, instead of beating around the bush about posts that have nothing to do with the point. My point was about one specific reply to one specific post.<br><br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:43 pm 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#46 date=04/17/03 at 17:53:18]<br>Moreover, I'd rather find it an adult thing to just (at least) admit you wrote a highly ambigious reply to Db, instead of beating around the bush about posts that have nothing to do with the point. My point was about one specific reply to one specific post.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I gotta admit you have a point here ! One point for your team !<br>Db said he was not a dead-brain. OK. I never said either ! And never intended too. The fact that he thought I was made me think that he considered himself one just by what I said in my 1st topic. And he did said I was an arrogant asshole. What I have done to him to deserve such a fate (as if I care !)   8)<br><br>I do prefer chanelling my anger toward Mr. Bush than toward anyone else. Sorry for his fans.   ::)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:13 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#48 date=04/17/03 at 20:50:41][tt]<br>Gezzz. I wonder who you're referring to in your above statement?  ::) [/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Not you, nor bb, nor anyone else. Heck, I don't even know you ! The only bits I know from forum members are these little posts we keep sending day after day. That's not the whole picture. How can I be sure of the mood you were in when you posted ? Icons are limited. One sure mood I will detect is name throwing. No doubt about it. But will I murder you in your sleep for that ? It's only posts, it rolls, and I like it.   8) <br><br>And how many of us are sending posts on a regular basis ? I don't even have time to read them all. And you don't really know much about me, do you ? <br><br>I hear much much more about Bush than about you guys ! Him, I know too much for my taste.