Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bush versus Syria
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:21 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 8:46 pm 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#50 date=04/17/03 at 21:31:05][tt]<br>True, but IMO I know you're still an_______________for not having an open mind about this war. You don't seem to be an_______________ when discussing other subjects?   [/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>WOW ! Now I do have to admit that you beat me on this one real clean !<br><br>You found a way of saying things WITHOUT actually saying them ! VERY CLEVER ! It's our own imagination who will fill the blanks, revealing, not only (and not really) what the poster had in mind, but also what the receiver have in mind too !<br><br>I like your style and I think I may use it from time to time. I'm not joking. It's a very elegant way of saying without saying, but leaving no doubt (?).<br><br>VERY VERY CLEVER !         :-X

Post subject: Re: Mij vs. Disco Boy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:48 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#54 date=04/18/03 at 00:31:39]Let me know when the war is over....[/quote] like, lighten up dB & mij, don't get so worked up that one of you splits..this is shaping up just like the drool vs M_T_H....deep breaths, KAMU & carry on;Image<br>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 11:56 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#54 date=04/18/03 at 00:31:39]Let me know when the war is over....[/quote]<br>i thought we were at the playground. anyhow, for me it is done. he says he was beaten, but doesn't mean it I guess. no problem - next case.<br><br>oh, and slime: Mij & Db leave? is hell freezing over?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:22 am 

[quote author=bb link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#58 date=04/18/03 at 02:56:05].... is hell freezing over?[/quote] whew.... nothing like a good flaming argument to purge the old system ;D...<br><br>[tt]is hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? ...... First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think it is safe to assume that once a soul is in Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Many religions say if you are not with us you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. <br><br>Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume of Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell must expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities. <br><br>[center]1.) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. <br>2) Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it? [/center]<br><br>If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year "That it will be a cold night in Hell before I will sleep with you, " and take into account that I have not yet succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus, I am sure that Hell is exothermic. <br>[/tt]<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:51 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=60#60 date=04/18/03 at 03:22:40]<br> whew.... nothing like a good flaming argument to purge the old system ;D...<br><br>[tt]is hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)? ...... First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think it is safe to assume that once a soul is in Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Many religions say if you are not with us you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. <br><br>Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume of Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell must expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities. <br><br>[center]1.) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose. <br>2) Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it? [/center]<br><br>If we accept the postulate given to me by Ms. Therese Banyan during my Freshman year "That it will be a cold night in Hell before I will sleep with you, " and take into account that I have not yet succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then (2) cannot be true, and thus, I am sure that Hell is exothermic. <br>[/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>LOL !<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 4:21 am 

[quote author=Disco Boy link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=45#53 date=04/18/03 at 00:09:13][tt]<br><br>Thank you! I thought I'd let you fill in the blanks but then again...you're an arrogant asshole, so why would you bother to do such a thing?  ???[/tt]<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well, I was trying to be nice cause I thought you really did find an elegant way of ending this stupid discussion, beating me to it, but then again, you came back acting as, would I say, a dead-brain, with a renewed insult. So, I guess, there's no hope. You didn't catch it when it was there. It took slime to reason you.<br><br>What can I say ? I was the first insulted here (no one can argue that) and, according to you, I'm ending up being the bad guy. I know now why you support Bush in any war he'll lead his troops on. Fill in the blanks___________ ____________ _______ ________<br><br>Last post from me on this discussion. Back to Syria as events unfold.     ::)    

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:35 pm 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=60#63 date=04/18/03 at 07:21:11]Last post from me on this discussion. [/quote]<br>and yet another one taking the easy way out. Db last sentence in his last post indeed hits the spot.<br>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:35 pm 

Hey jimmie d, I like the pest control pic !   ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:39 pm 

latest inside news is that syria is ON. <br>i have just returned from a one week camping trip in the lake district in the north of england. the whole area is being used as a low level training ground for uk / us jet bombers that are weaving through the valleys at great speed at a rate of many many passes per hour - givin the close geographical similaritys between this place and many areas of syria ecpecially the golan heights i can only conclude that wes are a practicin for the next big un - <br><br>let it be as successful as the last <br><br>mungo

Post subject: re: bush versus syria
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:07 am 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:00 pm 

indeed slime , it would seem that the desecration  of all things cultural ( viz a vis mt. rushmore ) is not just restricted to fascist dictatorships of the old world. <br><br>while the french vandalise war graves with anti - semitic slogans , the taliban blow up un-islamic buddahs, the baath party loot lraqs heritage and the ever so nice north korean secreat police ban anything without the face of kim son whatshisface on it " freethinkin" * yanks morph great presidents into chimps in a silly attempt to re-write history in some way - <br><br>who yer tryin to  kid buddo ?  pull the other one !<br><br>mungo<br><br><br>* you know , i had to type that 5 times before i could get it right - i was laughin so much see

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:05 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=general;num=1050287314;start=60#71 date=04/20/03 at 16:55:59]Image<br>Wewease Wodewick!!![/quote]<br><br>Image<br><br>Image<br><br><br>I wish I could Photoshop Dubya into the 2nd shot in Graham Chapman's place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 2:16 pm 

[img]<br>http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2003/04/04/2bell.jpg[/img]<br><br>Image<br><br>