Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: IRAQ - revisited
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:09 am 

[quote author=Mij link=board=general;num=1045218507;start=45#48 date=03/03/03 at 04:21:25]<br><br>Some of the things that you say are true, some aren't proved, some are what americans are trying to sell us.<br><br>But let me say again, and I hope for the last time cause I'm getting tired of repeating it<br><br>WAR IS NOT "THE" SOLUTION CAUSE IT WILL CAUSE MORE HARM IN THE END. THINK ABOUT THE "CONSEQUENCES" (can you ?) AND ASK YOURSELF IF YOU REALLY WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOURSELF THOROUGHLY DAY AFTER DAY, EVERYWHERE YOU GO, BECAUSE ALL THESE CRAZY TERRORISTS ARE AFTER US ! .<br><br>Do you really think that everything will be OK after that ?<br>If war is the only solution Bush can come up with, it proves that he's a no-brainer. HE HAS TO COME UP WITH A BETTER SOLUTION THAN ONE WHO WILL DIVIDE THIS WORLD FOREVER IN TWO CAMPS ! . When the remedy is worse than the pain, what do you do ?<br><br>I don't buy your "Bush has done this and that". First, he was no president until late 2000-early 2001, so no power. And since he's there, I don't see what he's done that could be helpful to UN so far. But if you like the man that much, so be it. Let him fight his war. After that, see in what kind of world we'll live and I think you won't like him anymore. Cause, you see, these terrorists, they won't stand still. They'll fight back. And they'll multiply !<br><br>Sweet dreams...[/quote]<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:55 am 

ok mij - peace too. this whole thing is rotting my brain you know as we just keep going round in ever decreasing circles .<br>as its perfectly obvious noboby will persuade anybody else on the point of the justification of this war perhaps we could move on to something like what will / should happen in iraq after the demise of saddam ?<br>of course, continue as you please but its useless - dont you agree ?<br><br>mungo<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:07 am 

You're right Mungo. Going on and on is useless.<br>I'll start a new thread about how you'd like to die (not you personnaly ! I mean "we").    8)<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:18 am 

whatcha - your ignorance of your own countrys history astounds me. the united states didnt " level " germany after the great war nor did american or allied  troops occupy the country - there was an armistice and a settlement whereby germany agreed to pay reparations for the cost / damage of the conflict.<br>of course as much of the damage occured in france it was the french who pressed for these payments, the majority of which took the form of coal / raw materials and german industrial equipment. these reperations where enforced by the french millitary  who occupied german territory several times to enforce them. of course the issue of the saar region is relevent too.<br><br>i suggest that the different policy adopted after the second war is a result of overwhealming american influence - which had not been the case in 1918 when the french where allowed too great a say. <br><br>i mean, de gaulle would have TOTALLY FUCKED your country givin half a chance in 1945 - thankfully he was not givin it . <br><br>do you really believe the united states was the aggressor in europe after 1945 with the soviets ? you think the peoples of east europe wanted soviet occupation ? are you really that dumb whatcha ? perhaps you are - but that shows you never went to the former east germany - a real nice place pre berlin wall.<br><br>mungo - i despair too<br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:05 pm 

ok whatcha - peace too . its just that i know from events everywhere that there are never clear cut good guys and bad guys, and that goes for the usa/uk/russia/france/ germany - everybody , but however you look at this one saddam outdoes george dubya by a factor of at least 1000.<br><br>it actually takes me an age to constuct a sentance and often i cant be arsed so its a bit hit and miss - thanks anyway. whiteperson is the best though - plus about 100 others. <br><br>regarding what happends to iraq - i dont know as i have no crystal ball , though there are some motherfuckers in the whitehouse who want an american stooge in power ( im not that bias , see )  - others want elections - what ya think whatchamacallit ?<br><br>btw - im not irish - im an ethnic ulster-scots presbyterian redneck zappist monk - and proud of it - but never mind bout all that , its just my pet hang-up.<br><br>mungo<br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:49 pm 

"Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side you automatically help out that of the other...in practice, 'he that is not with me is against me.'"<br><br>George Orwell, Partisan Review, 1942

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:43 pm 

In google:<br>   <br>    Pro-war :   27000<br>   Anti-war : 395000

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:48 pm 

For all of you who think that USA liberated Afghanistan...<br><br>I just saw a one hour TV report. Fundamentalists are gaining power every day back there. So, it'll be another bunch of dark age religious fanatics that will reimpose restrictive laws on people back there, specially on women.<br><br>Sima Samar, who's still fighting the good fight, asked repeatly for help from the modern world, more specially USA. (for money and other kinds of backups). There's nothing worth to mention so far. And not so far ago, 15 US representatives political big-shots were in Afghanistan for a planned meeting with her. Only 2 showed. The rest of them were posing with US boys. They were trying to gain political credit for themselves. The 2 braves that did meet her listened politely but it didn't seem that they were eager to do something to help.<br><br>Sima Samar already lost her position in the new formed government. Fundamentalists were at her for something she said in one of her world campaign. She said she didn't believe in Taliban Charia. Fundamentalists only took the Charia part and said she was insulting the Prophet. So, out she was. And now, she's receiving death threats. And women are beginning to fear again. The general men's attitude toward them tend to reverse to what it was before.<br><br>Meanwhile, the US boys are packing their things. They will be busy 'liberating' Iraq. It only goes to prove that, despise all speeches W has made, USA was only in it for Bin Ladden. They didn't really care about the natives. But it sounds swell on the TV when you say you do. May you say they're hypocrites ? Well, I do say so.  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:20 am 

well it sure is hard to translate "Stuttgart". We dont even know what it means in german(y)...<br><br>in a way its funny how some americans behave... but since this is concerning serious politics, it is absolutely rediculous and shamefull and has nothing to do with patriotism...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:55 am 

[quote author=bcarney1 link=board=general;num=1045218507;start=60#71 date=03/13/03 at 03:35:21]   French Fries / Freedom Fries !!!<br>      I don't really give a fuck what you call em.I love to eat em.Their delicious with ketchup.Can't eat just one. ;)<br><br>   (bcarney)   8)[/quote]<br><br>Have you tried it the "belgium" way, with mayonnaise ? I don't mean Miracle Whip, but real mayonnaise. I think you'd like it. But beware, it's fattening !   ;D<br><br>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next