Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
Paranoia can be hilarious!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 916
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At least three of the above posters posts are all from one person. Downer Mydnyte/a rope leash/Apotheosis and maybe even a little Disc Boy on the side?


Is it possible to have multiple accounts here and how can you tell ?

:?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
...and what, SPACEBROTHER? No comments on Obama's hyPOTcrisy?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
I probably wouldn't mind being downer or disco, but I ain't.

Really, SPACEBROTHER...you're going off the deep end. Look at the nature of Disco Boy's post...long and complex, quite like YOURS! Are you Disco Boy?! That's whacked, man!

Now, look at downer's posts...usually short and to the point, and quite dismissive of almost everyone, including me!

Now, look at my posts, and learn something.

Geesh...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
Hey, while I'm here, I might as well do some more Obama bashing...

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/2184/266 ... other.html

He killed his own grandma!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3537
Location: Vancouver, BC
A rope leash wrote:
Paranoia can be hilarious!


It sure can! :mrgreen:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5688
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
A rope leash wrote:
...and what, SPACEBROTHER? No comments on Obama's hyPOTcrisy?



I don't use drugs so I don't care. They're a waste of time and money and most people who are on them are dumbfucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13642
Location: Billy, the mountain...
The Ten Principles of a Free Society
by Ron Paul - From the the Appendix to his book, Liberty Defined

Rights belong to individuals, not groups; they derive from our nature and can neither be granted nor taken away by government.
All peaceful, voluntary economic and social associations are permitted; consent is the basis of the social and economic order.
Justly acquired property is privately owned by individuals and voluntary groups, and this ownership cannot be arbitrarily voided by governments.
Government may not redistribute private wealth or grant special privileges to any individual or group.
Individuals are responsible for their own actions; government cannot and should not protect us from ourselves.
Government may not claim the monopoly over a people's money and governments must never engage in official counterfeiting, even in the name of macroeconomic stability.
Aggressive wars, even when called preventative, and even when they pertain only to trade relations, are forbidden.
Jury nullification, that is, the right of jurors to judge the law as well as the facts, is a right of the people and the courtroom norm.
All forms of involuntary servitude are prohibited, not only slavery but also conscription, forced association, and forced welfare distribution.
Government must obey the law that it expects other people to obey and thereby must never use force to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave.

Bound delegates, demagoguery and affidavits don't belong to Liberty movement.

http://www.dailypaul.com/236252/the-ten-principles-of-a-free-society-by-ron-paul

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
Sounds like a much needed return to our true values, Mr G.G.

Do you agree?

Hey, SPACEBROTHER! You just called Obama a dumbfuck!

ha ha ha!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 2223
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At least three of the above posters posts are all from one person. Downer Mydnyte/a rope leash/Apotheosis and maybe even a little Disc Boy on the side?

What is your problem? I don't have any other user names. Please stop saying that. I voted for Obama in '08. I'm not voting for Ron Paul ever. So why are you tying me in with rope leash disko boy etc? Stop it. I'm proud to have one user name and I'm proud that I'm NOT Disco Boy and/or rope leash. It's possible that some extremely impressionable, naive people are taking your posts seriously. Don't you have a conscience?

Talk to me about Sun Ra or Charles Mingus and then go talk to rope leash, disco boy, whoever... and see if we're the same guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5688
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At least three of the above posters posts are all from one person. Downer Mydnyte/a rope leash/Apotheosis and maybe even a little Disc Boy on the side?


Is it possible to have multiple accounts here and how can you tell ?

:?


Yes it is possible. There's a long list of repeat offenders on this forum. I would be suprised if you didn't know that considering how long you've been on this forum. Charles Baer (or however the fuck that idiot spelled his name) ring a bell?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 916
Yeah , been hearing about it for years.

Problem is this . The ones that spew about have never shown any proof.

Can you answer the second part of my original question ?

:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
It is also possible for one account to be used by more than one troll, as "SPACEBROTHER" has shown.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Australia
A rope leash wrote:
Sounds like a much needed return to our true values...


Talk is cheap. 'Love' is not what you say, it's what you DO.


- and a few quotes:

• Generals think war should be waged like the tourneys of the Middle Ages. I have no use for knights; I need revolutionaries.

• The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. (a particular favourite of yours)

• I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

• There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor, Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love for your Country.

• It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down to a higher god.

• How to achieve the moral breakdown of the enemy before the war has started – that is the problem that interests me.

• I use emotion for the many (murder their unborn babies?) and reserve reason for the few.

- adolph hitler


"Let’s acknowledge one important fact about wankers. They are very resilient. Like viruses, they mutate and change form. This protects them from ever becoming an endangered species."
- the internet


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3537
Location: Vancouver, BC
phydeaux3 wrote:
A rope leash wrote:
Sounds like a much needed return to our true values...


Talk is cheap. 'Love' is not what you say, it's what you DO.


- and a few quotes:

• Generals think war should be waged like the tourneys of the Middle Ages. I have no use for knights; I need revolutionaries.

• The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. (a particular favourite of yours)

• I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

• There is a road to freedom. Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor, Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and love for your Country.

• It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but the time will come when man will again bow down to a higher god.

• How to achieve the moral breakdown of the enemy before the war has started – that is the problem that interests me.

• I use emotion for the many (murder their unborn babies?) and reserve reason for the few.

- adolph hitler


"Let’s acknowledge one important fact about wankers. They are very resilient. Like viruses, they mutate and change form. This protects them from ever becoming an endangered species."
- the internet


Image

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Australia
Disco Boy wrote:
Image





Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
It's a huge fail, phydeux...I agree that love is what you do, and not what you say. Quotes from Adolf Hitler have nothing to do with Ron Paul. He doesn't support genocide or military aggression, and while it may be true that politicians may say one thing and do another, in the case of Ron Paul it is clear that he is sincere. His reputation proves it, and the absolute fear he strikes into the heart of the establishment confirms it.

You know, Hitler was Time magazine's Man of the Year in 1939. Why? Because he took a broken country and made it prosper. He went a little nutso after that, but it's all "history" now. Ron Paul recieves no such praise from the establishment press...rather, he is portrayed as an unelectable reactionary.

Why are you so afraid of him? Do you really want America to continue down the road of war abroad and tyranny at home? Yes, I do think America can be compared to Nazi Germany at this point..false flag events leading to conquests of resource-rich nations abroad and to nationalistic fascism at home.

But it isn't Ron Paul's fault. He voted against all that. He wants to stop all that. I really doubt he's saying what he says just to get elected and continue on the way we are going...because what he is saying is not getting him the votes, according to the people who count the votes.

No phydeux, if you want to quote some dead leaders to reflect Ron Paul, try Jefferson or Jackson.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4739
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:

You know, Hitler was Time magazine's Man of the Year in 1939. Why? Because he took a broken country and made it prosper. He went a little nutso after that, but it's all "history" now.


Call me a Soviet if you will ( :wink:) but...
I think Hitler was made man of the year in 1938 as a result of the Munich Conference (remember Chamberlain and "his peace in our time" speech?) Weirdly enough, Stalin won in 1939 (the Nazi-Soviet pact) and in 1942 (Second year of Barbarossa). As to making Germany prosper during that period, he was preparing for war, running up massive state debt to finance rearmament and public works programmes with a military background, which ultimately made his declaration of war an economic necessity. He also passed numerous antisemitic laws, excluding Jews in both public and private law, instituted Reichskistallnacht (the first pogrom in around 200 years in Germany), imprisoned all political opposition in concentration camps, killed many members of his own party that he thought proved dangerous to his position and was the head of a corrupt and ultimately utterly Byzantine, corrupt government. I understand the irony of the word "nutso", but I think if one must use it, it definitely applies to Hitler before 1939 (or 1938). In any case, Time's depiction of Hitler as man of the year, with the background of Reichskristallnacht in that year, could be compared to the possibility of giving Assad the same title in 2012 i.e. pretty dumb, even with the knowledge that people had at the time.

As to comparing Paul to Jefferson (and I'm posting on Jefferson here), I personally would be reluctant to make comparisons:
"In November 1776, Jefferson was chosen as a member of a committee whose task was to revise, modernize, and codify the statutes of Virginia. Among his assignments was the job of drawing up the legislation dealing with slaves. He later described this bill, which he completed in 1778, as a "mere digest" of the existing legislation on the subject, and to a certain extent this was true. . . .
Nevertheless, the bill was more than a digest of earlier codes and it contained some significant additions which were designed to prevent the increase of the state's free Negro population. It was to be illegal for free Negroes to come into Virginia of their own accord or to remain there for more than one year after they were emancipated. A white woman having a child by a Negro would be required to leave the state within a year. The individual who violated these regulations would be placed "out of the protection of the laws." This would have left them subject to re-enslavement or even to murder at the whim of their neighbors and was, therefore, a most severe punishment...
Jefferson probably treated his slaves somewhat better than other slaveowners did, but he seems to have been at least as harsh as other landowners in his treatment of slaves who escaped and were recaptured. Cohen writes,

When he dealt with runaways, sales of slaves, breeding, flogging, and manumissions, his behavior did not differ appreciably from that of other enlightened slaveholders who deplored needless cruelty, but would use whatever means they felt necessary to protect their peculiar form of property." (BTW, the whole article seems pretty interesting to me - showing clearly Jefferson's schizophrenic attitude towards African-Americans it can be found at: http://www.theatlantic.com/past/docs/is ... obrien.htm). This doesn't make him unusual for his time, but hardly IMO makes him an ideal role model.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1794
Thanks for the history lesson, Caputh...but I don't think you can deflate the importance of Jefferson's ideas when it comes to the development of the founding principles of our country.

He was a man of his time, but also far ahead of his time. When it comes to the oppression of various peoples, no 18th century person can rise to the level of modern thought on the subject. However, Thomas Jefferson led the way...it's all about freedom and pursuit of happiness, two things that are becoming increasingly difficult to secure.

Ron Paul wants to help us with that, if you know what I mean.

I personally feel that if it wasn't for the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution, outright oppression and blatant slavery would have existed widely into the 20th century. These documents had a great impact on popular thought, and gave to us a common sense morality that could not help but spread throughout the world.

Ron Paul is a big fan of those documents.

Why does that frighten people?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4739
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
I think it's entirely understandable to respect and study the American constitution.
HOWEVER (Ha! You knew that was coming, didn't you!)
The US constitution was written (as you rightly point out) in the 18th Century, by people from that time. What always slightly baffles me is that many US citizens seem to expect that a document (however admirable) formulated over 200 years ago, by people with a mindset of over 200 years ago, should necessarily be absolutely applicable today. Sure, there have been amendments over the years, but why the fear of changing it?
A possible comparison is the Bible - both Old and New Testaments or indeed the Koran; perfectly applicable as a set of rules at the time when they were set up, but today?
I also see a comparison in that Jefferson, Washington et al are often set up as paradigms of the ABSOLUTE TRUTH (rather like St. Paul, St. Matthew, St. Luke etc.) Sure, they had good ideas for the time (as did Plato, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau and even, dare I say it, Marx), but that doesn't necessarily mean that ALL their ideas are practical today - in fact, I think the fact that amendments have been passed by very respectable US governments over the years shows that it is necessary to at least adapt the Constitution to modern needs - of course, it all depends on who is doing the adapting and what is adapted. However, for me, personally, inviolate idols or inviolate documents do not exist

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4739
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
pedro2 wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:
At least three of the above posters posts are all from one person. Downer Mydnyte/a rope leash/Apotheosis and maybe even a little Disc Boy on the side?


Is it possible to have multiple accounts here and how can you tell ?

:?


Yes it is possible. There's a long list of repeat offenders on this forum. I would be suprised if you didn't know that considering how long you've been on this forum. Charles Baer (or however the fuck that idiot spelled his name) ring a bell?


Let's face it, SPACEBROTHER, I have to admit the truth. I am Downer Mydnyte, BBP, Just Plain Doug, Plook, Isaac, Baddy, Kiirk, Rope, Disco Boy, Just Plain Fritz, Thinman, Zombie, Gray Ghost, Catpuke (get the similarity in names?), Ronny, Calvin, Lumpy Gravy, Disco Boy (again), Galoot, Plook (you can't Plook enough), Help I'm A Rock, Cloen, (yes, you read right), BRAVO SIERRA, Saggy Nuts, Diesel Dummy, Jaypfunk, Mr. Green Genes and I am SPACEBROTHER, too! In fact, this whole messageboard is a dialogue between ME and ME; in fact I don't even exist.
In fact, I am (or I am not).

P.S.
And I'm Pedro too (even though he doesn't know it).

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Australia
Caputh wrote:
Call me a :idea: :idea:....


Caputh wrote:
I think it's :idea: :idea:....



Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 916
Caputh wrote:

Let's face it, SPACEBROTHER, I have to admit the truth. I am Downer Mydnyte, BBP, Just Plain Doug, Plook, Isaac, Baddy, Kiirk, Rope, Disco Boy, Just Plain Fritz, Thinman, Zombie, Gray Ghost, Catpuke (get the similarity in names?), Ronny, Calvin, Lumpy Gravy, Disco Boy (again), Galoot, Plook (you can't Plook enough), Help I'm A Rock, Cloen, (yes, you read right), BRAVO SIERRA, Saggy Nuts, Diesel Dummy, Jaypfunk, Mr. Green Genes and I am SPACEBROTHER, too! In fact, this whole messageboard is a dialogue between ME and ME; in fact I don't even exist.
In fact, I am (or I am not).

P.S.
And I'm Pedro too (even though he doesn't know it).



Now I know why I've been feeling a little different lately.

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3475
gesundheit

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:37 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Illinois
Gosh I love Obama. Met him and was hooked. um Met FZ and I was hooked too...

_________________
MOM


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group