Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 am 

According to Zen you need both good and evil to maintian the balance in the Universe, Yin and Yang as it were... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 am 

Plook wrote:
According to Zen you need both good and evil to maintian the balance in the Universe, Yin and Yang as it were... :smoke:

Glad to help out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Plook wrote:

Glad to help out.

Would that make you a Yin or a Yang?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:36 am 

"Evil is good" would be Orwellian doublespeak.

Evil and good are relative. War is evil for those getting dead and injured, good for the banks and industrialists that profit.

I know what you are talking about, Apoth...but that kid was the son of a terrorist, so that makes him bad, see?

(...if there's one thing I cannot stand, it's hypocritical opportunists like Barak Obama...evil disguised as good...)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 am 

A rope leash wrote:
"Evil is good" would be Orwellian doublespeak.

Evil and good are relative. War is evil for those getting dead and injured, good for the banks and industrialists that profit.

I know what you are talking about, Apoth...but that kid was the son of a terrorist, so that makes him bad, see?

(...if there's one thing I cannot stand, it's hypocritical opportunists like Barak Obama...evil disguised as good...)

I still say that President Obama has been highly influenced by what he may have been told in his National Security Briefings, I just can't sit here and say he was an out right liar when there is no benefit to him and in fact his change of position has hurt him with his base. It makes more sense that something that was revealed to him in the briefings made him change his approach, this is why I don't think any candidate that is not a sitting president can assure us they will keep their promises after they take office, especially if they find out that doing the opposite is an imperative...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 am 

...and what shall we say is revealed to them?

"Sir. Bat-shit crazy bat-terrorists are hiding in their bat-caves in Bathackistan! They hate us for our good looks!"

"Sir. A race of reptilians from beyond our solar system controls all Earth activiites. Play along, or be eaten!"

"Sir. The Yellowstone Supervolcanoe will blow at any moment! Do whatever the fuck you want!"

"Sir. Do as we say or we will kill you in front of your family. That's right, get down and start sucking it or we'll blow your head clean off!"

Who knows what is revealed.

Mobs don't talk much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 am 

Well, I don't want to make Plook's case for him, but they could say something like "Here are all the Secrets that we're keeping from the public, and thus the real reasons we're doing this fucked up shit. If we get rid of Guantanamo, then the public will find out about _______." More specific and I think you'd have to be there. Of course the problem with that is... it tells us nothing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:18 am 

A rope leash wrote:
...and what shall we say is revealed to them?

"Sir. Bat-shit crazy bat-terrorists are hiding in their bat-caves in Bathackistan! They hate us for our good looks!"

"Sir. A race of reptilians from beyond our solar system controls all Earth activiites. Play along, or be eaten!"

"Sir. The Yellowstone Supervolcanoe will blow at any moment! Do whatever the fuck you want!"

"Sir. Do as we say or we will kill you in front of your family. That's right, get down and start sucking it or we'll blow your head clean off!"

Who knows what is revealed.

Mobs don't talk much.

Although there could be far out stuff, it could be rather simple too (but something they would not be telling the public). An example would be as follows:

Through Intel they discover that somehow a Terrorist Group in Afghanistan acquires materials from Pakistan that can be converted to a bomb and that some of the Guantanamo prisoners have information on that plan, which includes using it on USA soil.

As bad as the President wants to close Guantanamo, now he can not until they can gather as much information as possible. As bad as he wants out of Afghanistan he can not leave while someone has this material. As bad as he would like to exit Pakistan he can’t until those who helped Terrorist get the material are found.

Its really simple he has to break 3 campaign promises due to one fact he did not know previously and he can not explain to the country much less his base why he changed his position, for obvious reasons.

We also know in no way could he consider following through on his promises until the Terrorist and their accomplices are identified and captured and that the material is recovered, since our security and the lives of possible millions could be at stake.

Doesn’t this make more sense than to assume someone lied about their position for their whole political career and flipped when they became president. We know that the one mitigating factor that would requirer a President to change his position once he entered office is the National Security Briefing.

The simple answer is usually the correct one...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:22 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Well, I don't want to make Plook's case for him, but they could say something like "Here are all the Secrets that we're keeping from the public, and thus the real reasons we're doing this fucked up shit. If we get rid of Guantanamo, then the public will find out about _______." More specific and I think you'd have to be there. Of course the problem with that is... it tells us nothing.

Good job Arkay, a much more concise explanation, I am known for going into far to much detail than is needed... :mrgreen: