Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:02 am 

[quote author=Chris_Federico link=board=general;num=1042835140;start=0#2 date=01/20/03 at 15:34:21]Well, the book's already been started, as you can see if you pop over to Zappology and look at any section.[/quote]<br>Do I get things right if I say you want the forum-freaks to fune-tune your allready existing Zappology? Or do we start from scratch?<br><br>If we'd were to write a book by the forum freaks, i'd think it's better to start from scratch. We'd have to discuss an outline, as MTF said, and then move on. A preferable outline would be album by album, or period by period, biographical stuff, introduction, general stuff, etc. <br>Maybe we could even use this forum structure?<br><br>Anyhow, I like your idea Chris !!<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:34 pm 

Because I'm not that kind of writer, I'm sure I can just BUY the book...?  Great idea, hope you get a lot of active write-freaks!!!  <br><br>-------------<br>(I'm sure the things I know about Zappa, you all know.  I don't have that extra, i guess...)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:04 am 

are you looking at providing the kind of theoretical material you get at http://www.zappa-analysis.com/ or http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/ch ... /intro.htm  ?   or is it gonna be along different lines?<br>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:36 am 

[quote author=Ronnys_Noomies link=board=general;num=1042835140;start=0#8 date=01/21/03 at 15:03:51]I don't mean to take us off subject, but I was thinking that a book comprised of just this forum would be cool. It could have sections devoted to the most interesting exchanges, going back to day one, with commentary about the content and process of the forum. We've got some great conversations here, and some real cohesiveness has developed here too. Some of it would be about Frank, his music, politics, humor, satire, etc. etc. I think it could also address how there's this little place on the web for people to mourn Frank and celebrate him, for the relatively few of us who regularly post here.<br><br>Of course, I'm sure this forum's contents belong to the ZFT, but maybe they'd be interested.[/quote]<br><br>THIS IS WHAT I MEANT ALL ALONG !<br>I don't have the time for it right now, but someone should just edit and put togheter the most interesting posts, threads, topics, group them, filter out the redundancy, etc. <br>This stuff is also allready written, it is here, on the board, and it is still evolving. <br><br>Great idea Ronny !<br>

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 7:51 pm 

ronnys_noomies wrote:
.....a book comprised of just this forum would be cool. It could have sections devoted to the most interesting exchanges, going back to day one, with commentary about the content and process of the forum. ....

Of course, I'm sure this forum's contents belong to the ZFT, but maybe they'd be interested.

total threads: 2,248
total posts: 42,157

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:51 am 

...Sounds like a plan....lots of work, you get it started, then I'll just sit back and do nothing....like the "FRENCH"....."c'est la absurd"..... ;D ;D ;D ;D<br>......