Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:41 pm 

Caputh wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quit smoking after 20 yrs. of 2 packs/day.

TRAITOR! (Mind you, two packs a day is a bit much) :wink:

Trust me, if smoking didn't lead to such horrible outcomes, I'd start back up in a snap. I LOVE SMOKING!!!!! And I miss it to this very day.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:07 pm 

Wow really? I quit about 7 years ago and don't miss it a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:23 pm 

Where else can you get a totally satisfying jolt 20-40/day??? :mrgreen:

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm 

I once got a printing job buy telephone in Denver,, and I was in Cincinnati,, so I tell the guy I'll need $1000. to get set up in Denver and I need $500. of it now to get out there,, so he sends me the $500.,, and I never showed up,,,,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Wow really? I quit about 7 years ago and don't miss it a bit.

About the same here.No desire for cigs at all or ashtrays,butts on the ground,yellow/stained teeth,clothes,walls.No more hacking cough when I want to laugh,hacking up lugeys in the morning or after any exercise etc.Nope,don't miss it a bit.It's nice not to weeze.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 pm 

Caputh wrote:
duchamp wrote:

Wow - stigmata!

Or maybe a philips....Screwdryva!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Caputh wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Quit smoking after 20 yrs. of 2 packs/day.

TRAITOR! (Mind you, two packs a day is a bit much) :wink:

Trust me, if smoking didn't lead to such horrible outcomes, I'd start back up in a snap. I LOVE SMOKING!!!!! And I miss it to this very day.

Recent findings suggest that if you've been a heavy smoker for 15+ years, then you can often do yourself more harm than good by stopping. The tar from the cigarettes, although highly toxic, traps bacteria in your lungs. When you stop smoking and the tar slowly starts to escape, so does the bacteria and depending on what's been trapped down there, it can have quite drastic consequences.

I would still love to stop though, but so far, haven't been able to even try and I get no enjoyment whatsoever from smoking cigarettes, apart from the fact it gives me scope to really annoy non-smokers (none of whom think twice about poisoning the atmosphere with the fumes from their cars and car fumes are known to cause multiple forms of cancer) :shock:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 am 

Here's an amusing guide to giving up smoking. It's where I got the TRAITOR! quote from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT-BQLX6nU
The best bit starts at about 6 minutes.
Actually, it's the fucking price of a packet that's beginning to piss me off most. We smokers are financing the health and pensions system. They should give us a medal before we die early without receiving our pensions. Let's face it- we're model citizens. In fact, I think I've just found something I'm proud of! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:26 am 

Caputh wrote:
Here's an amusing guide to giving up smoking. It's where I got the TRAITOR! quote from.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT-BQLX6nU
The best bit starts at about 6 minutes.
Actually, it's the fucking price of a packet that's beginning to piss me off most. We smokers are financing the health and pensions system. They should give us a medal before we die early without receiving our pensions. Let's face it- we're model citizens. In fact, I think I've just found something I'm proud of! :wink:

Haha, I totally agree! Non-smokers should be made pay more into their respective health systems as they live longer and therefore will need more care as they get older. most smokers do the decent thing and die before their poor health becomes too costly for the government :mrgreen:

Seriously though, it's been estimated that in Britain, smokers pump £9 billion a year into the economy via tax and only cost the health service £2 billion a year. That's a tidy £7 billion each year smokers donate to the exchequer. Non-smokers should be falling over themselves to thank us for everything we do to help keep their families alive :mrgreen:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 pm 

Let's just... calculate the environmental damage tobacco plantations cause:
http://www.globalissues.org/article/533/tobacco

Facts for those who don't want to read it:
-Fire caused by cigarettes cost 300,000 deaths in 2000, and US$ 27 billion in damage. You could save Greece with that.
-Tobacco plantations take up space that could be used to feed 10 to 20 million people.
-Tobacco uses up much more water and pesticides than food would do.
-Tobacco plantations still use child labourers
-Environmental issues caused by tobacco include: wrapping in paper, the "filter", wrapping in cartboard, plastic and boxes, transportation, production costs of cigarette lighters, matches and ashtrays, combined with transportation of these goods, resources for advertisement...
-Much much more

It's also a fact that the lethality of tobacco was already known around 1900, according to an article from that era I translated: tobacco companies have managed to make people forget about that in such a way that a bunch of narrow-minded people still believe it's "their right to smoke", "it's their health", "all that second-hand smoke stuff is nonsense" and all that. And considering we're all here to celebrate a man who felt just that way about tobacco and his right to smoke, even the brightest sparks can be dimly lit in their own blind spots.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:25 pm 

Alright Bonny! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:22 pm 

I still love smoking!! Say it again! I LOVE SMOKING! Bring it home to jesus! I DOUBLE TRIPLE LOVE SMOKING!

But I haven't smoked a single cigarette since August 3, 1987, and I'm happy for it.

Did I tell you I love smoking? Especially with coffee, in the morning before I get out of bed. And with beer. And after meals, before and after work, and any old damn time I want. I still miss it. :cry:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 pm 

Ronald Noomies wrote:
I still love smoking!! Say it again! I LOVE SMOKING! Bring it home to jesus! I DOUBLE TRIPLE LOVE SMOKING!

But I haven't smoked a single cigarette since August 3, 1987, and I'm happy for it.

Did I tell you I love smoking? Especially with coffee, in the morning before I get out of bed. And with beer. And after meals, before and after work, and any old damn time I want. I still miss it. :cry:

The only smoking I do now is in bed, m i rite, hahahaha lol!!!!!! Okay, not that funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ronald Noomies wrote:

The only smoking I do now is in bed, m i rite, hahahaha lol!!!!!! Okay, not that funny.

Hopefully your not wearing Pojamas... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 pm 

since this thread is on the topic of smoking,, hell,, I've been smoking for 41 years with no ill effects,, except for maybe the cost of a pack of cigarettes,, if I stopped smoking now,, "That" would probably kill me,, not the cigarettes,,,,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm 

I have never smoked but some of my girlfriends and I did something with a mop bucket, a used pair of jeans and a old telephone booth that could have got us in trouble if we were ever caught.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm 

Aaaah...cough,sputter....The smokers corner. :smoke:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:00 am 

If I can make it through the next two weeks of work I'll be pretty thrilled.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:19 pm 

KUIII wrote:
If I can make it through the next two weeks of work I'll be pretty thrilled.

Care to expand on that? :mrgreen: