Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Vote Libertarian!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:13 am 

Wow, 57% less war and legal weed. Vote Gary!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am 

Caputh wrote:
Wow, 57% less war and legal weed. Vote Gary!

I need 58% less war and free Heroin before anyone gets my vote... :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm 

polydigm wrote:
Government is a catch 22. They largely end up supporting the status quo, hence you're at the mercy of big capital, but, government has become a kind of civiliser of capitalism over the last century or so and that's better than nothing. But getting rid of government is no guarantee of more power for the people. Where do people think the power was before we had modern government and where do they think the power will return if you take that government away?

The crap some people talk about the captains of industry and their assumed benevolence without the interference of government is beyond naive.

Tax is about the massive superstructure that we have all become dependent on. Handing that over to private concerns is insane.

Concise, intelligent, educated thought - how elegant! :idea: :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 pm 

Oh, my bad - It's only 43% less war with Johnson. So I've gone off him.
Maybe that's why Ron Paul's campaign manager/spokesman/family member Jesse Benton has said there's no chance of Ron Paul endorsing him. On the other hand, he does see the possibility of Paul endorsing Romney, as indeed Rand Paul already has...
http://dailycaller.com/2012/05/15/ron-p ... y-nominee/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the ... _blog.html
A real revolution and change you can believe in!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 am 

Ron Paul is certainly pissing off a lot of his supporters. His latest proclamation is that he is going to "take it to the convention". That might be a great thing to watch, a GOP convention overrun by libertarian "revolutionists".

My thought is that he should be angry about the vote fraud that was perpetrated by his own party. He should be prepared to take his campaign to an independent status.

Unfortunately, he is making noises like he is going to endorse the eventual GOP nominee. This makes me think that Ron might be a foil designed to attract the millions who are angry about our government and the electoral process.

How it works: appeal to the masses, corral them, rig the vote, make them think their views are not widespread and that their movement is not popular.

I'd hate to think it's true, but it could be.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:51 am 

A rope leash wrote:
Ron Paul is certainly pissing off a lot of his supporters. His latest proclamation is that he is going to "take it to the convention". That might be a great thing to watch, a GOP convention overrun by libertarian "revolutionists".

My thought is that he should be angry about the vote fraud that was perpetrated by his own party. He should be prepared to take his campaign to an independent status.

Unfortunately, he is making noises like he is going to endorse the eventual GOP nominee. This makes me think that Ron might be a foil designed to attract the millions who are angry about our government and the electoral process.

How it works: appeal to the masses, corral them, rig the vote, make them think their views are not widespread and that their movement is not popular.

Or maybe not everything is a conspiracy, and it's just what appears to be. Maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 am 

A rope leash wrote:

Interesting post - you made me think (difficult enough as I approach late middle-age!)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 am 

A rope leash wrote:

Interesting post - you made me think (difficult enough as I approach late middle-age!) I think you're right; if he endorses Romney, he will piss off a lot of people. (oops, double post -sorry).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm 

Now why should I vote for a Libra and are Libraterrians like vegaterrians in any way.... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:29 pm 

Just read the astrological profiles, plook...Libras are the cream of the Zodiac!

Of course, Calvin. It could be just as it seems...but if I made Caputh's magical head ponder, maybe there is something to it.

A couple of clues stand out...one is the undeniable popularity of Ron Paul's message. He really could win if the GOP leadership got behind him. His rallies are attended by thousands, yet it doesn't translate into votes? Romney hardly draws a crowd, but wins?

Another note is Ron's near total lack of direct anger at his own party for the way he's been sidelined, dismissed, and possibly even robbed. Now that it's almost over and done, he seems to be lying low, and accepting Romney and probably endorsing him, instead of going rogue with an independent run, which is what every last one of his supporters wants him to do.

So, maybe Ron is just a paper shepard designed to lead his flock to slaughter.

In any case, no way I'm voting for Oromney. Gary is on the ballot in every state, I'm pretty sure.

Vote for Gary.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:59 pm 

A rope leash wrote:

Of course, Calvin. It could be just as it seems...but if I made Caputh's magical head ponder, maybe there is something to it.

A couple of clues stand out...one is the undeniable popularity of Ron Paul's message. He really could win if the GOP leadership got behind him. His rallies are attended by thousands, yet it doesn't translate into votes? Romney hardly draws a crowd, but wins?

Another note is Ron's near total lack of direct anger at his own party for the way he's been sidelined, dismissed, and possibly even robbed. Now that it's almost over and done, he seems to be lying low, and accepting Romney and probably endorsing him, instead of going rogue with an independent run, which is what every last one of his supporters wants him to do.

So, maybe Ron is just a paper shepard designed to lead his flock to slaughter.

In any case, no way I'm voting for Oromney. Gary is on the ballot in every state, I'm pretty sure.

Vote for Gary.

But Ron Paul taking his campaign to an independent level wouldn't nearly have as great of an affect as running as a Republican for more than obvious reasons.

I think Paul IS upset that he's being ostracized by much of the GOP and the rampant voter fraud occurring in many states. But then again, he's smart and experienced enough to know that that would happen. I mean, what's he going to do, start throwing profanity at them? If so, it obviously wouldn't be a smart move. The reason why RP is "lying low" is because he currently doesn't have the funding to campaign in anywhere but the caucasus states. However, one of his main goals was to maximize delegates and that has worked wonders, since he's at least DOUBLED his support base compared to the 2008 US Presidential election. RP's delegates will comprise more than 20% of the total GOP delegates at the Tampa convention in August...

Also, RP has stated numerous times that the only way he will endorse Romney is if he started agreeing with him on many or all of the issues. That's highly unlikely. I admit that it's odd that Rand Paul has endorsed Romney but he obviously doesn't have the exact same beliefs and/or political platform as his father does...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988