Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:17 am 

...back in 1988.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 am 

Yep.

(Mr.Admin, I believe this topic can be locked now.)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:37 am 

Vote Mittwit!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm 

Next time you see a Republican, a person who plans to vote Repugnantklan, or someone who voted for Bush, tell 'em, "Thanks for Absolutely Nothing"...

http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... nturn?lite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm 

Don't you like Ron Paul ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm 

So, check this out...

Yesterday, I just recieved a new voter ID card. All of my mailing address information is correct, but...at the top of the card, it says that due to redistricting, the location where I've done all of my vote casting since 1988, and which is easy walking distance for me, has been changed to what is now in a completely inconvenient location in a high crime neighborhood. Now I live in an older, but well kept neighborhood where most of the residents own their homes, and have lived here much longer than I. Also, thare are a lot of elderly and disabled people who live around me.

It came as no surprise to me as the entire government in my state, which is Michigan, and each branch, most municipalities, Secretary of State and the courts is controlled by Republicans by a wide enough margin that the minority party, being Democrat, don't have enough votes to block or over ride any sort of legislation. So, that being the case, they changed the voter ID law, redistricted all of the larger cities, and brought in these new emergency managers to dissolve the local governments of smaller, Democrat leaning towns, suburbs and cities.

So, interestingly enough, the gov't didn't implement the new redistricting changes until after the Republican primaries in my state. I wonder why? :roll:

It seems to me that the Republican party is fully engaged and going for broke while they currently hold new found majorities in what are traditionally considered to be "blue states". They are aggressively pushing laws and changes that directly affect voters rights, womens rights, eliminating elected officials positions from Democrat leaning cities through the newly passed emegency management laws, and well basically, prepping my country for it's very own Berlin style/Great Wall of The Fascist States Of America.

For the first time in my life, I have no words to aptly describe my absolute contempt and anger towards the Republican party, both locally and nationally. You revoke my Constitutional Right to vote, I will fight back with every means at my disposal, non-violently of course, though I highly doubt that that sentiment will be recipricated, gauging from the typical Tea Party Militia NRA Nugent/Limbaugh/Glenn Beck/Palin "chop their heads off", "shoot 'em in the head", "don't retreat, reload" rhetoric. I'd rather be a martyr than a terrorist.

Sad thing is that the Liberatarian leaning people, or at least those who claim to be, who are always so gung-ho about being Constitutionalists in my state/country, are mysteriously silent about this one. At least the one percenters will benefit. I'm sure they're all just relishing in all of the new found wealth they've accumulated from the mass of foreclosures and the busted unions.

If you shrink the size of government, you only put more power and control into fewer peoples hands. That is the true definition of fascist extremism. Every street block will have it's own warlord if we allow it to happen. Wake the fuck up and don't be fucking stupid. My fucking voting rights are being fucked with, and Im Goddamned mad as Hell, and you should be too, because your's are next.

Who will they blame it on? You guessed it. The black guy in office.

................................................................................

Now I expect that most people on this forum will gloss over this like it won't affect you, so you don't care, and the peanut gallery Republican supporters here will pile on in typical fashion. But at the end of the day and in all reality, this will effect everybody in the worst possible way. Regardless which party you vote for. You owe it to your children and grandchildren, to hand them a country where everybody who is a US has a right to vote, and you, and they won't be purged from the rolls because you're registered to a certain political party other than Republican.

If the Democrats were in the same position that the Republican party is now, and pulling the same shit in reverse, at least in my state, there would be Timothy McVeigh style incidents happening on a daily basis.

Obama getting elected as the first black president has been a real eye opener. We now know that prejudice and racism are more rampant than ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:13 pm 

So I've contacted my city clerk to inquire about why my voting precinct has been changed from the place I've been voting at for the past 24 years, and they said told me that they are combining my inner city middle class neighborhood with a combination of the local ghetto, and the outer suberbs. People that live within a few blocks of me weren't affected by the redistricting. I guess votes my little Liberal oasis in the middle of Neo-Con Hell is viewed as some kind of threat, and because my citry is one of the few in the state that are fiscally sound, it didn't fit the criteria for an appointed emergency manager from the govenors office, so there next move was to dilute the voted from my immediate district, with the outer suberbs that are among the most Neo_conservative in the entire United States.

Talk about stacking the deck, and rigging the election process before it even happens. Romney's gonna win this election I fear. So much for my house and my job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm 

If you even neede any more evidence that RepubliKKKlans and conservatives are racist Nazi's, here it rears it's ugly head again, right of of Romney's own mouth today...

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/05/22/ ... white-guy/

Quote:
What could have been a game changing moment in Mitt Romney’s campaign turned into a horrendous gaffe Tuesday afternoon when the former governor was having lunch with a few of his supporters. Romney was hoping to show America how well he relates to the average working American by having a press recorded lunch at a local pancake house in rural Kentucky where the primary elections were taking place. However, what turned from a nice preplanned lunch with “common-folk conversation” ended up getting off track when one of Romney’s supporters asked him how he was so certain he would win. Romney turned to the man seated on his left and seemingly forgetting the ten plus reporters in the room said,
Mitt Romney wrote:
“Well between you and me, we have to think about the reality of the situation. Obama is a popular guy and his supporters are hell-bent in getting him reelected. There is one thing that his campaign seems to keep forgetting over and over, and that is how many Americans can’t stand the guy for an obvious reason. Of course I’ll win, I’m the white guy.”

The Romney supporter looked at Romney with a look of agreement yet bewilderment. The chatter within the room got quite loud as reporters grabbed at their phones and took rapid notes. It’s not every day that a candidate is so brutally honest with his supporters.

One of Romney’s aides quickly tapped the former governor on the shoulder and whispered something into his ear. Romney’s face had a stone cold expression that can only be described as terrified...

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:22 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
If you even neede any more evidence that RepubliKKKlans and conservatives are racist Nazi's, here it rears it's ugly head again, right of of Romney's own mouth today...

http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/05/22/ ... white-guy/

Quote:
What could have been a game changing moment in Mitt Romney’s campaign turned into a horrendous gaffe Tuesday afternoon when the former governor was having lunch with a few of his supporters. Romney was hoping to show America how well he relates to the average working American by having a press recorded lunch at a local pancake house in rural Kentucky where the primary elections were taking place. However, what turned from a nice preplanned lunch with “common-folk conversation” ended up getting off track when one of Romney’s supporters asked him how he was so certain he would win. Romney turned to the man seated on his left and seemingly forgetting the ten plus reporters in the room said,
Mitt Romney wrote:
“Well between you and me, we have to think about the reality of the situation. Obama is a popular guy and his supporters are hell-bent in getting him reelected. There is one thing that his campaign seems to keep forgetting over and over, and that is how many Americans can’t stand the guy for an obvious reason. Of course I’ll win, I’m the white guy.”

The Romney supporter looked at Romney with a look of agreement yet bewilderment. The chatter within the room got quite loud as reporters grabbed at their phones and took rapid notes. It’s not every day that a candidate is so brutally honest with his supporters.

One of Romney’s aides quickly tapped the former governor on the shoulder and whispered something into his ear. Romney’s face had a stone cold expression that can only be described as terrified...

They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

I am no fan of Romney, but if you are going to attack the guy, do it for the real reasons he deserves to be attacked for:

Description: Online rumor / Satire
Circulating since: July 2012

Analysis: As posted on Facebook, the above blurb included a link to an article by the same title on a website called the Free Wood Post. The article claims Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney was asked during "a press recorded lunch at a local pancake house in rural Kentucky" why he's so sure he'll beat Barack Obama in the 2012 election, and Romney allegedly responded as follows:

Well between you and me, we have to think about the reality of the situation. Obama is a popular guy and his supporters are hell-bent in getting him reelected. There is one thing that his campaign seems to keep forgetting over and over, and that is how many Americans can’t stand the guy for an obvious reason. Of course I’ll win, I’m the white guy.

The problem is, there was no such campaign event, no such question asked, and, obviously, no such response from Romney. The article is satirical. The quote is fictitious. This is confirmed in the site disclaimer, which states: "All news articles contained within FreeWoodPost.com are fiction, and presumably fake news."

This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that a satirical quote has been circulated as real.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

Obama getting elected as the first black president has been a real eye opener. We now know that prejudice and racism are more rampant than ever.

So getting BHO elected was racist ? I do not get your logic. As far as being an eye opener I think that the election of BHO proves that this is NOT a racist country. I was too young to vote for BHO but I do understand why many young people did vote for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 am 

They ALL suck. Both sides. Frank said that too.

"They're varrrrrmints." - FZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:

We now know? I knew long before Obama got elected. I always knew. Guess I was actually paying attention to reality as opposed to paying attention to media.

Do you get paid for this shit, Spacebrother? And you're linking Zappa's name in with this thread. Zappa said the "liberals just wanna co-opt you". Sure enough, that's just what you're doing here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 pm 

that's why i don't like these satirical news sites - they're funny, but people confuse them with reality

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 am 

Mormon.LDS.Polyogamy.10% titheing's to the church.10% American titheing's to the Mormon church.From the get go Mittman has been brought up to believe that the Mormon cannonism is the only ism.Utah takes America.It's been John Smith (Mormon-prophet) dream to excape the prosecution from the Americans.Brigham Young's dream was to stay isolated.Is there a new covenant? Who are the Mormons and why would anyone think a Morman is doing anything for you? They do it for Mormons and barely have tolorence for the other christian sects.If you don't believe and convert,your gonna get hurt.It's the Morman way.Ever since the High Mountain Meadow massacre were the Mormans dressed up as Indians and killed 60 new immigrants.(they weren't Mormons) Men,women and kids over 4,all bludgend to death (save bullets) The Mormon church has been scared about the USA.The Mormon church does not recognize the seperation of church and state.In Utah,Mormons are in every facit of government.Scary cult,with a new American prophet,Mittman they now want as pResident too.

Bunch a doorbell ringing zombies with a jokers smile. :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am 

He's an executive kinda guy... :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:44 am 

I'm of the belief that Romney is bi-polar. The guy changes his story every 5 minutes, as evidenced in this article, where he is already making an international embarrassment of himself...

Romney reverses on UK Games criticism
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... press?lite

Even if you despise Obama, you may want to consider keeping Romney as far away from the White House as humanly possible. He WILL be far worse than what we have now. I said the same thing about Bush before he got elected, and was right then...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:23 pm 

No one here has expressed any enthusiasm for Mitt Romney.

Have they?

So what's the point?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:09 pm 

The point is....for ALL of you people caught in the grip of a mind numbing, logic destroying, political news addiction....the point is:

Just keep spewing words endlessly and hope that all of the fools out there, who can't or won't think for themselves, will think you are right about something.

Wordage. Lies. Distraction. Judgement.
All we have here are the false utterances of men who have political agendas. These political threads choke the life out of humanity.

None of you campaign workers on here are right.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:46 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:08 am 

It appears Little_Sally has big pictures... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:23 am 

Plook wrote:

Sorry did not mean for it to be that big!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 am 

Little_Sally wrote:
Plook wrote:

Isn't bigger better? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
Plook wrote:

Isn't bigger better? :mrgreen:

yes bigger is better,just not TOOOOO big!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:09 pm 

You're a brave little girl, Sally! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 am 

Yeah, buddeh. We better make sure we revote in Obama so's we don't become racists or Mormons...
Can I have a glass of your Koolaid?
(Not.)