Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:45 am 

If anyone from Scotland is going to this let me know and we can meet up....as long as you're not fucking mental lol :smoke:

To follow up on the amazing success of last years ‘Apostrophe’ UK tour, Dweezil Zappa and his “rocking teenage combo” have agreed to return to the UK this November to perform a special selection of tracks celebrating the seminal decades of his father's back catalogue. ‘The Decades Tour’ will feature material from the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s and include music from classic Zappa albums such as ‘Joe’s Garage’, ‘We’re Only in It for the Money’, 'Weasels Ripped My Flesh' ‘Freak Out’ & ‘Hot Rats’

http://www.cmpentertainment.com/index.p ... &archive=0

Sun 11 Nov 12 Brighton Centre

Mon 12 Nov 12 Nottingham Royal Concert Hall

Tue 13 Nov 12 Cardiff St Davids Hall

Wed 14 Nov 12 Gateshead The Sage

Thu 15 Nov 12 Edinburgh HMV Picture House

Sat 17 Nov 12 New Brighton Floral Pavilion Theatre

Sun 18 Nov 12 Birmingham Town Hall

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:53 am 

FZ weekend / Roundhouse on the 10th for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:43 am 

PappaWas1975 wrote:
FZ weekend / Roundhouse on the 10th for me.

I was quite critical of ZPZ when it first started and unreasonably so. After seeing some of their performances on youtube, I can't wait to see them and willingly eat some humble pie :mrgreen:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:54 am 

Thanks
:shock: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:13 am 

cleon wrote:
Thanks
:shock: :D

I wish they were playing Glasgow, Edinburgh is a nightmare for traffic.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:29 am 

Funny all main land capitals.
I been a Glasgow once for the rugby i went with two glaswegian working local on the pipe lines funny both live in Wales now Pete(tall dark hair can't remember his surname now :? ) and Slid(Nickname i can't remember his real first or surname)I could find out though i give it a go when in town again and i remember one of their friends was kerry sound like Keyrry though maybe not kerry?Slid had too sisters a ruff older and a pretty sweet younger sister There was a Nightclub Called The Moon Club Rough As fuck Slids sister fought enuff not with each other either been tons too Edinburgh.

Hope you Enjoy anyway :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm 

cleon wrote:
Funny
Okay, Cleon, I give in, where are you originally from? Let me start. My Dad's English, a Londoner, my Mum's French, from Normandy and I was born in London and grew up in Australia from age five.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 am 

South Wales born and bread still here.Mothers side her Mother was Irish married a Scot Man my Grampa never seen them dead before I was born o yes I forgot fom Aberdeen and here father Irish family tree is mid Wales though Kerr from Ireland.My father side Mother from Cornwall a silent movie,school music teacher for piano,and his father Welsh tried tracing his roots no way though like near 1000 years I'm Wales.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 am 

So what is the big problem with writing English? Don't be shy, maybe if you explain that you might get some understanding. I promise, if I know the real reason, I won't take the piss.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:49 am 

polydigm wrote:
So what is the big problem with writing English? Don't be shy, maybe if you explain that you might get some understanding. I promise, if I know the real reason, I won't take the piss.

What because I don't have no English blood in me 8)And your serious i remember you PM me before asking near the same thing you asking now so who is more Clever.The Dumb fuckers called teacher are too blame plus i like fucking it up the Dumb Fuckers let me and my best school mate site next too each other he was around best a English i ever seen and i was the hest at Maths i say best because i had the highest mark for all my year but it got cancelled not because i turned up 15 min late Dumb fucks said that was ok because i left about 15min early.

Your turn how are we having a online conversation if not for same language you just want too be politicly correct which if real Dumb and if i ever go abroad i take a Cymru Badge on the car :mrgreen: :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:50 pm 

You jump to far too many wrong conclusions. I'm not judging your englishness or britishness or whatever, it's got fuck all to do with blood. The main language on this board is english and there are plenty for whom it's not their first language that are making themselves clearly understood here.

The point is that the majority of what you write is unintelligible by most people here for whom english is their first language. You get way too easily upset and post all over the place ranting and raving about god knows what and it seems you still don't get that the main reason you're getting into arguments here is that most people generally don't understand what you write. Losing your rag and calling people names won't change that.

Why am I asking? I couldn't give a fuck about political correctness and we are not having a successful conversation as I don't understand at least half of what you say. Can you blame me for being curious about your situation and trying to understand it? I have way more empathy for people who have difficulty expressing themselves than I do for certain very articulate individuals who come here just to cause trouble.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 pm 

Do you have anything too say 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 am 

cleon wrote:
Do you want to be understood or not? Are you happy that every conversation you get into degenerates into a slanging match? What is the point for you Cleon?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 am 

polydigm wrote:
cleon wrote:
Do you want to be understood or not? Are you happy that every conversation you get into degenerates into a slanging match? What is the point for you Cleon?

I can speak better English than all the people living in your shit country 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 am 

cleon wrote:
I can speak better English than all the people living in your shit country 8)
Very elegant, very erudite ... you see, this is exactly what I mean. I'm not saying anything bad about where you're from. Wales is a beautiful place. My wife went to university in Bangor and she loved it there. I was born in London and grew up in Australia, so you're saying Australia is a shit country. Why? Are you getting abusive because you don't know any better way to communicate?

The fact remains Cleon that most people here are having a lot of trouble understanding you. You can't complain if you get abusive at the drop of the hat even when someone is actually genuinely trying to understand you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:00 am 

Your a boring bastard just double tracking all the time 8)
Fuck you and your wife you said you don't care about my heritige but stated this conversation with yours that is how thick you are and think your clever scum of the earth.
And you talked about ignore what not strong or can't remember that Dumb Asshole.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:01 am 

cleon wrote:
Fuck you and your wife ...
What did I do to you that warrants abuse like that?
cleon wrote:
... like you said you don't care about my heritige but stated this conversation with yours ...
This is what I mean about you making no sense. You think people don't like you because you're from Wales. I'm an individual Cleon, I don't jump on anyone's bandwagon. I've never said anything disparaging about you being from Wales. On the other hand you called my country a "shit country". Why? I mentioned my heritage because I was trying to work out whether you thought Australia was a shit country or were you referring to England?
cleon wrote:
... that is how thick you are and think your clever scum of the earth.
I'm not trying to be clever, I'm just trying to understand you. You've lost track of who said what and it seems to me you've painted yourself into a corner. If you and I had both never been to this forum and bumped into each other somewhere in person in the UK we'd probably have gotten along but instead you've gotten tangled up in this multi-headed monster here and you've got me mixed up with a whole bunch of other stuff.
cleon wrote:
And you talked about ignore what not strong or can't remember that Dumb Asshole.
I've still got you on ignore but I check your posts every now and then to see if you've snapped out of it. Sometimes I get what you're saying and sometimes I even agree with it. The reason I've got you on ignore most of the time is because you're abusive just like this. And that brings us back to the language problem. You often jump to the wrong conclusions about what others are saying, you don't explain yourself very well and you end up frustrated and hurling abuse.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 am 

You ignore me but check what i say.you need your fucking head read then.
Because from where i am you ignore and but in too conversations where i aren't talking too you your are so far from perfect but go around like your it :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:45 am 

Okay Cleon, I give in, suit yourself, but don't say I didn't try.