Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:54 am 

Caputh wrote:
wakawazooinregalia' wrote:
Me at home.

(I want to upload a picture but it says: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.)

This means you either have to delete a picture or two, or upload the picture to some other site (Facefool, Photobucket etc), right click it, copy the URL, paste it into your message and mark it with the "Img" button when posting a reply. It took me ages to work it out and I needed Poly's help!

Photobucket is the easiest in my opinion. Once you upload the picture in Photobucket, then click on it. It will give you four options for links to quick. Click the bottom one, and it should briefly say "copied". Paste that into the body of your post, and you don't even have to use the "img" tags. Hope this helps. If not, you can pm me. I'll try to give you more instructions there. If you need them. One more thing. if you delete that image from your Photobucket, it will delete it from all places that it was posted.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:50 pm 

Here it is, finally! Thanks Philostopher! You'll see that i pay!
Me and my cat(taked by my mum):

Image[/URL]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:27 pm 

Oh, great. Now I have to watch what the fuck I post on here, now! Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:48 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

Why? It shouldn't make a heck of a lot of a difference to ya. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:42 pm 

Philostopher wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

Unless you look like this

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:04 am 

Philostopher wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

It's, it's like I have a twin!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 am 

Nice photo Wazoo, great cat!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:41 am 

Wazoo can be the Justin B of the Zappa scene, start some sort of pop band...get popular with some catchy tone with a bullet...when you make the live Grammy show surprise everyone and play "Stick it Out" from Joe's Garage... of course everyone thinks your playing your big hit record of course, that way the song has a little more punch… :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:39 pm 

just plain doug wrote:

You could start by not writing "f***k"... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:22 pm 

Plook wrote:
Wazoo can be the Justin B of the Zappa scene, start some sort of pop band...get popular with some catchy tone with a bullet...when you make the live Grammy show surprise everyone and play "Stick it Out" from Joe's Garage... of course everyone thinks your playing your big hit record of course, that way the song has a little more punch… :mrgreen:

Yes, I win the grammy and then I play some shitty stuff. Then I say: now, let's get serious ladies and gentlemen, and I start with Nasal Retentive Calliope Music. Then me and my band play The Return Of the Son Of Monster Magnet, Plastic People, Lumpy Gravy (end to end) and close the show with Weasels Ripped My Flesh(title track). If they want an encore I'd play Prelude To The Afternoon Of A Sexually Aroused Gas Mask. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:23 pm 

BBP wrote:
Nice photo Wazoo, great cat!

Thanks Bonny!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:30 pm 

Caputh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

You could start by not writing "f***k"... :wink:

That one flew right over my head this morning. I'm slow sometimes. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 pm 

You hadn't had your coffee yet... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 pm 

That sounds better than I was stupid. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:42 am 

Philostopher wrote:

Not stupid. Just a victim. A victim of seeing that word so often, your auto-filth recognition system no longer notices it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:50 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

Not stupid. Just a victim. A victim of seeing that word so often, your auto-filth recognition system no longer notices it.

You're right; "f**k" does somewhat lose its lustre through overuse, as does "c**t". In fact they've almost turned into "b****r", a swear word that is now so harmless it is employed by my father regularly - a man whom we recently discovered is unable to pronounce the word "vagina".

Last edited by Caputh on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:51 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 am 

Caputh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

You're right; "f**k" does somewhat lose its lustre through overuse, as does "c**t". In fact they've almost turned into "b****r", a swear word that is now so harmless it is employed by my father regularly - a man whom we recently discovered is unable to pronounce the word "vagina".

Don't fool yourself any women will tell you the 'C' word is the nuclear option... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:06 am 

I hit up JPD for help with a Zappa song and he could not name that tune, most likely due to my poor discription, so I will give you all the same info and maybe someone can name that tune!

...I believe the song I am looking for is on one of the YCDTOSA albums, I think it is a Flo and Eddie Filmore era live piece in which they sing about cleaning up after the show (it sounds like the last song in a show) very up tempo and he reminds everyone to buy the filmore album (the white album with the writing all over it)...

:?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am 

Plook wrote:
I hit up JPD for help with a Zappa song and he could not name that tune, most likely due to my poor discription, so I will give you all the same info and maybe someone can name that tune!

...I believe the song I am looking for is on one of the YCDTOSA albums, I think it is a Flo and Eddie Filmore era live piece in which they sing about cleaning up after the show (it sounds like the last song in a show) very up tempo and he reminds everyone to buy the filmore album (the white album with the writing all over it)...

It sounds like the last thing they sing in 200 Motels. They do Strictly Genteel as the finale but add on this real basic rock 'n' roll part where Flo & Eddie are singing about what they are going to do now that the movie is over ("we're all going to get wasted, etc"). I'll do a little more research.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:26 am 

Gray_Ghost wrote:
just plain doug wrote:

It's, it's like I have a twin!

Are you Igor's sons?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 am 

KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:

It sounds like the last thing they sing in 200 Motels. They do Strictly Genteel as the finale but add on this real basic rock 'n' roll part where Flo & Eddie are singing about what they are going to do now that the movie is over ("we're all going to get wasted, etc"). I'll do a little more research.

On YCDTOA, Vol. 6, Disc 2, Track 14 is the rock and roll part I described above and is called "200 Motels Finale" with Flo & Eddie followed by Track 15 which is "Strictly Genteel" played by a later band. So Frank kind of flip-flopped SG and 200 Motels Finale for YCDTOA.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 pm 

KUIII wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Plook wrote:

On YCDTOA, Vol. 6, Disc 2, Track 14 is the rock and roll part I described above and is called "200 Motels Finale" with Flo & Eddie followed by Track 15 which is "Strictly Genteel" played by a later band. So Frank kind of flip-flopped SG and 200 Motels Finale for YCDTOA.

That's it, thanks bro... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:26 pm 

Caputh wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
Philostopher wrote:

That, and the fact that I don't consider any words obscene. I'm not sure who these people are who decided that these words are obscene, but I didn't get a vote so it doesn't count. I agree with Plook though. The C word will bring out nuclear opposition in women, and I do try my very best to never use it out of respect. Sometimes I fail when referring to the ex though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:45 am 

I really enjoyed reading through all of these and so I decided I'll give it a go. Why not?

I was born July 22nd 1991 in Swindon, England. The hospital was an absolute shit-hole and was demolished soon after.
I was raised by a very devout christian father, but very understanding and the kindest man I have ever known. And by my mother who is very kind and loving with a darker past. She has been disabled and unable to work most of my life. She grew up in foster homes, orphanages and on the streets. She was abused and ill treated by almost every authority figure she came across and ended up in Prison. It's a wonder how her and my dad ever met.
I have two older brothers, one is openly gay (it took my dad a long time to accept that, but has thankfully) and another who I have no contact with. He went to prison for manslaughter and has never been pleasant to me or my family. Even after years of my parents trying to help him out. He rejected us.
I did okay in school, average in maths, very well in history, literacy and computing.
In school I went through every phase imaginable, goth, nerd, bully, sports freak due to lack of self confidence. I found who I am years later in college.
I did 3 years of computing in college. I was good at it but didn't enjoy it. Finishing college during the height of the recession I couldn't find a job in computing. I did some odd jobs but ended up as a trainee Chef in a hotel.
I got married at 22 to my wonderful wife (who I have been with 4/5 years) and TODAY is our first year anniversary.
We have our own nice little house with a big garden. We don't spend much money, we save lots and we're good at it. We grow lots of what we eat and don't buy lots of junk, we like simple lives full of music.
My main focus apart from my wife and cat is my work. I am a Chef De Partie,a typical senior chef who can run all sections and has commis chefs underneath me who I train. And soon to be promoted to Junior Sous Chef,which is training to be second in command to the head chef. I work on average 14 hours a day, 5 days a week but in busier periods I work 6 days. I enjoy the job, not the hours. Chefs don't have unions or anything to take care of us, we are outside the working time directive, it is IMPOSSIBLE to do everything my job requires in 8 hours or less.
Luckily being out the house 70 (and getting paid for 40) hours a week means I'm not about lots to use gas/water/food thus keeping bills at a minimum.

That is a very brief overview of my life and situation. I work lots, rest little, love music and my little homestead. I like to drink beer and play video games any chance I get. I can be a kid at heart.

Trendmonger wrote:
...and but also

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next