Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:57 pm 

all the best E <br><br>i'm from northern ireland and was born in 1968. cant remember much except summers used to be hot and it always used to snow at christmas time - whatever happend ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:04 pm 

48 livin in cincinnasty ohio<br>listenin to frank since 1966<br> ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:19 am 

Thanks for the congradulations everyone ;D ;D<br>No ZF I wont be logged on Saturday(Not on the Computer anyway). I've maged to squeeze a little Zappa music into her musical vocabulary. Mainly Bobby Brown, She likes that one, It's a start.<br><br>I will be on leave from the frorum for about a week. I will miss the conversations and the good reading.<br><br>What I really hope to happen in this week is the removal of Charles Baer, Which I'm Sure everyone else does also. I'm sure his marital advise is to "GET IT ON" damn stupid dork.<br><br><br>But again thanks and I'll talk at yall later. That is after I come back and get caught up. ;D ;D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:56 pm 

[quote author=mungo link=board=general;num=1031681646;start=75#78 date=03/12/03 at 15:57:45]whatever happend ?<br>[/quote]<br>Grimbergen Dubbel ?<br><br>--------<br>the shittiest thing of getting older : the fact that my heroes all turn out not to be so great I thought they were. except zappa maybe. know the feeling?<br>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:32 pm 

Chalk another one up for the already sizeable Glaswegian contingent.<br><br>And I'm 21.<br><br>Hussssssss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:34 am 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=general;num=1031681646;start=75#85 date=03/13/03 at 16:09:58]<br>He sounded much like you bb.  Except that he claimed that he'd rather not know the weaknesses of his heroes.  Would you?[/quote]<br>I want to know the weaknesses, definetley. Same goes for old movies, tv-shows, etc. Very few of them survive is you watch them again after 5 or 10 years.<br>I think it's good, 'cause it makes you more 'aware'. the fact that one develops more of a critical attitude and see all kinds of mechanisms in all kinds of artistical output is not bad, not bad at all.<br><br>So where should I aim - to hit John Wayne?<br>

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:10 am 

Last post before I'm Off. <br>Thanks again everyone.<br>The only Zappa song worked into the reception written by zappa is Sofa#1 performed by Michael Hedges.<br>Everyone have a good week ;D ;D ;D<br>[glow=red,2,300]BYE[/glow]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:18 am 

[quote author=eyebnez link=board=general;num=1031681646;start=90#92 date=03/14/03 at 04:10:04]<br>Everyone have a good week ;D ;D ;D<br>[/quote]<br>I'm actually jaleous.  ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 6:47 pm 

As I'm new around here it may be more simple to say it straight.  I'm 33. (did a got job this time : i keep forgetting, and my mirror doesn't help me to remember)<br>i'm french and i like it for the good food and our bad  will... ho ! and we don't like rules, noooooo, we don't<br><br>well so I'm a frenchie but i'm currently living in London, Ontario, Canada. it's a kind of safe and boring place, but I like the land itself (forests, lakes, wind, water, water everywhere, a lot of water etc)<br><br>I know there's a thread to tell the first time and how we became fan but i can't find it and i am here since three hours, so here is my story : <br>I was about 13teen and my oldest sisters had borrowed a tape from one of their friend. To be exact the friend lended them that tape hoping they would like it. That kind of friends educating friends pattern seems to be recurrent on that site. Ok. Here what happenned : my sisters didn't like it and I did love it right away. It was sheik yerbouti. These two words were obssessing me. Then I started to listen classical stuff: At 15teen , I was drowned in Stravinski and Ravel. At 19teen, I lived with a guy who was 9 years older than me. He had one size fits all, and I loved it. I dumped the guy but I went away with a copy of the vinyl. (I know, I should have take the vinyl.) Then, I forgot Zappa again. Not really I was still listening to my tape, singing with all my heart "evelyn, a modified dog....."  Well, the time passed by,  actually I was very busy then ;), I opened a bar and had to close it cause I didn't make friend with the local mafia guys,  yeah really busy, I was ! and then last year, I met a friend who owns a bar called "Apostrophe", in france. We listened to a lot of good stuff, there. But I couldn't stay. I had to cross the ocean to face some real winters. So I'm here since last september and one morning, I dreamed, YES, a dream : i was listening  to Montana, and yellow snow etc. the sound was perfect. Never had such a good stereo in my llife ! I woke up  singing "i'm might be moving to montana soon". That was grand. I suddenly realised  I couldn't live any longer without it in my own room. I needed a dose right then. Before that, I was relying on random of life,and my good star. I've never been a crasy cd buyer, cause i'm not rich, you know, and i like to be sure that i REALLY need that stuff to buy it. Here we go. The same day later, i came home with "overnite sensation' .I'm now trying to convice my roomate who's usually singing some operas. She might come to it too. ;D.   and it's just a beginnig !  ;D ;D

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:36 am 

I'm from Skokie, IL  It is a suburb of Chicago.  Go Cubbies!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 3:38 am 

Forgot to tell you I'm 39 years young.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 4:12 am 

I'm 48 and live on Long Island ( NY )                               Got into FZ when I was 14...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next