Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: your favorite movie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:26 am 

Have any of you people seen THe Cell? <br>If not check it out! It's a definate mind trip.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:29 am 

[quote author=dean link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=15#20 date=11/17/02 at 05:03:27]Slaughterhouse Five, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, The Meaning of Life, Dr. Strangelove, Baby Snakes, Spinal Tap, Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowsky, Best In Show and dare I say it, Cabin Boy are a few that quickly come to mind.[/quote]<br><br><br>What is your favorite color?<br><br>Blue.... NO! Green<br>AAHHHHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:19 pm 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:55 pm 

200 Motels<br><br>Not really a movie though, more of an experience

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:04 am 

I'd have to say Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:08 am 

The Producers<br><br>or<br><br>Citizen Kane

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:34 pm 

Pick one:<br><br>Chinatown<br><br>A Night On Earth<br><br>Short Cuts<br><br>Lagri Di Bicicletta (Probably misspelled, i mean the Bicycle Thief)<br><br>Apocalypse Now<br><br>Taxi Driver<br><br>Kauas Pilvet Karkaavat (Drifting Clouds)<br><br>So many of us forumers like similar movies, i could´ve just copy/pasted almost any of the previous lists. Has anybody ever seen Charlie Chaplin stuff on the big screen? Believe me, it´s a thrill!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:49 pm 

[quote author=palokas link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=105#108 date=03/13/03 at 15:34:12]<br><br>Apocalypse Now<br>[/quote]<br><br>Kurtz:  Are you an assassin, Willard?<br>Willard: I'm a soldier.<br>Kurtz:  You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect the bill.<br><br><br>This weekend I rented Lynch's "Mulholland Drive"...had never seen it before...outstanding!<br><br>I put it on around 8:00 pm on Sat, watched it thru, and was thoroughly confused after it ended.  I thought about what I'd seen for about an hour, rewound it and watched it again...excellent...the best movie I've seen in quite sometime. Can't stop thinking about it. In some ways reminiscent of "Sunset Boulevard". Now I gotta get "Lost Highway"...I've never seen that one either.<br><br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:15 pm 

the entire Cohen brothers movies!<br><br>Citizen Kane<br>The Great Dictator (Chaplin)<br>2001<br>Solaris (the original russian version)<br>Magnolias<br>Boogie nights<br>The others<br>Frenzy (Hitchcock)<br>200 Motels<br>Bowling for Columbine<br><br>And there's so much more, but I'm really tired, I'll be back some other time...<br> ;D :D :o 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:14 pm 

Does anybody here know Sergio Leone's<br>"Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo"?<br>In english would be... "The nice one, the ugly one and<br>the bad one"...<br>If anyone knows, well this is my favourite movie and<br>I'd like to know how is translated in other languages.<br><br>Mizzu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:14 am 

[quote author=MIZZU link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=105#115 date=03/23/03 at 00:14:55]Does anybody here know Sergio Leone's<br>"Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo"?<br>In english would be... "The nice one, the ugly one and<br>the bad one"...<br>If anyone knows, well this is my favourite movie and<br>I'd like to know how is translated in other languages.<br><br>Mizzu[/quote]<br><br>Yes Mizzu, around these parts it's known as "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"...great flick...and a great score by Ennio Morricone...this movie is a good companion to another favorite of mine, "A Fistful Of Dollars"...because these and others were American cowboy movies made by Leone in Italy, they came to be known as "spaghetti westerns"...they also made Mr. Eastwood into an international star...<br>

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:06 am 

[quote author=sleeping_in_a_jar link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=105#116 date=03/23/03 at 07:14:11]<br><br>Yes Mizzu, around these parts it's known as "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"...great flick...and a great score by Ennio Morricone...this movie is a good companion to another favorite of mine, "A Fistful Of Dollars"...because these and others were American cowboy movies made by Leone in Italy, they came to be known as "spaghetti westerns"...they also made Mr. Eastwood into an international star...<br>[/quote]<br>Thamks Sleeping in a Jar, you made me happy!!!!<br>Happy to know those things! This kind of films drive me crazy, really. Now I try with another... does anybody know a film called "They called him Trinity" or simply "Trinity"? It's a funny western-film with two italian actors with english name: Bud Spencer (when I was a child I would like to become strong as him!) and Terence Hill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 1:23 am 

brazil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:43 pm 

USUAL SUSPECTS....GREAT TWIST!<br> ;D ;D ;D ;D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 9:23 am 

Out of all the movies I've seen in my life so far, its a tie:<br><br>Image<br><br>and<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:31 pm 

The 1st one that comes to mind is, Psycho. Godfather part 1 and 2 also.<br>I don't really watch movies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:57 am 

I just think I have to say David Lynch, And there you have mine favorit movies ;D.<br><br>Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway Is his best.<br>

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next