Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: your favorite movie
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 4:46 pm 

anybody here ever see..."The Party" with Peter Sellers?<br><br>it was hilarious...."Howwdee  Partener".....

Post subject: re: your favorite movie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:21 pm 

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 12:58 am 

Apocalypse Now - the original version, not the Redux (Directors Cut), with the extra 79 hours scraped off the cutting room floor.<br><br>Oh yeah, also - Stop Making Sense  (Talking Heads) and The Last Waltz (The Band)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:35 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=120#132 date=05/17/03 at 07:44:45]<br><br>OK! I've taken some very angry spew heaped on me for asking, "What the hell was that turd I just saw all about, anyway?" ("Apocalypse Now") But it is in still only in my fantasies that someone of an outstandingly kindly and tolerant nature will appear in my life just long enough to explain my "What The Fuck?" to me in lucid terms that I might grasp for my much needed epiphany regarding that "filmic event" so that I may, at least in part, join with the rest of humanity on yet one more count. :D<br><br>--Bat<br>[/quote]<br>I think I'm dumb, but what does this mean and how is it related to my quote?<br><br>Please explain (in monosyllabic woids)

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:59 pm 

[quote author=Batchain115 link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=135#135 date=05/17/03 at 23:48:14]<br><br><br>I...tried...to...be...monosylabic...but...that...was...just...not...possible.[/quote]<br>Thanks Bat, for taking the time and effort to get down to my level, you cunning linguist you. The thing about the movie that hit me was the "craziness of war" thing, and the Doors "The End" at the start was a knockout.<br>Cheers, Snarf

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 4:21 am 

fear & loathing in las vegas<br>snatch<br>the big lebowski<br>Amelie<br>memento<br><br>and all the Kusturica's movies<br>   Underground <br>   Black cat, white cat<br>   The Arrowtooth Waltz...     to name a few

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:59 pm 

[center]Image[/center][center][sup]harvey keitel is the bad lieutenant[/sup][/center]

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:16 pm 

EQUILIBRIUM!

Post subject: re: your favorite movie
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:01 pm 

mtf wrote:
...Image...
put me to sleep the 1st time; worth taking another look ¿

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:40 am 

Original Planet of the Apes<br><br>Raising Arizona<br><br>Saving Private Ryan<br><br>Apocalypse Now<br><br>Terminator series<br><br>Predator series<br><br>Die Hard trilogy<br><br>Lord of the Rings trilogy (unfini)<br><br>Willy Wonka & the Chocalate Factory   ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:29 pm 

coming to america<br>ace ventura 1<br>vacation<br>european vacation<br>spies like us<br>the jerk<br>spaceballs<br>back to school<br>3 amigos<br>batman<br>naked gun<br>                     and so on<br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:06 am 

an old ealing comedy called<br> "The School for Scoundrals"  wonderful film about oneupmanship<br><br>" Back to the Future Trilogy"<br><br>" As good as it gets"<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 10:21 am 

[quote author=SonOfWillieThePimp link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=135#149 date=06/03/03 at 12:38:53]<br><br>Spaceballs was funny, especially Dark Helmet!  ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>what?  you went over my helmet?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:35 pm 

[quote author=dumpty link=board=general;num=1035941944;start=135#140 date=05/31/03 at 09:41:40]My always favorite movie is " Dream" by Akira Kurosawa.  I specially like the first one, second one, and last one. ('Dream' has several short film in it.)[/quote]<br><br>My favorite short film in "Dream" is the one with the soldier/ghost coming out of the tunnel.  (I don't remember which segment it was.)  It was just so haunting...and sad.   :'(  It left the strongest impression on me from the entire film.<br><br>My least favorite short film in "Dream" is the one which has Martin Scorsese (of all people) playing the part of Vincent Van Gogh!!!   :o  I know that he and Akira were friends but...I simply cannot get over the Brooklyn accent!  Baaaad casting call!  :P<br><br>
Quote:
but check "Dream" out, if you never seen it. Very very beautiful. :-*  
<br><br>Definitely an incredibly beautiful film.   :)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:44 pm 

Oooops...I forgot to mention my favorite film.   ;D<br><br>OK...it's "Mac"...an Indie written-by/starring/directed-by John Turturro (my favorite actor...what "range"!)<br><br>It's just a "personal" fave.  The main character is based heavily (if it's not an out-and-out biography) of John's dad and he just reminds me of my own dad...especially since my dad's a carpenter who was born in Spain and the main character is a carpenter of Italian descent.  <br><br>Just the whole "honest work ethic" aspect moved me.  Plus...there are some really funny scenes in it, too...as in any great drama.   ;)<br><br>It's about Life and Family.   :)<br><br>Gypsy Moon Dream

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next