Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wesley Willis
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:20 am 

I've been coming here for the last two months, and I have not seen ONE Wesley Willis topic !<br><br>For those who don't know him, he's a 6'3", 350-pound schizophrenic from Chicago who sings to the chords setting of an electronic keyboard. He even had an actual(and extremely talented) rock band at one time, whose roster was graced by Dale Meiners, guitarist and former member of Billy Corgan's high school band The Marked.<br><br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>Image<br>That lump on his head is from headbutting people, which he prefers to handshakes.<br><br>At the end of all his songs, he always says:<br>"Rock over London, rock on Chicago."<br>...and then slogan for a company or product.

Post subject: Re: Wesley Willis
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:29 am 

...and I'm sure he has little to no relation with Ike Willis.<br><br>Anyone know for sure ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:07 pm 

I just have one CD, I borrowed from my son, called 'The Wesley Willis Fiasco Live (from somewhere?')<br><br>I don't know anything about the guy, but I like the music, it's some wild stuff,completely uninhibited...... Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:33 am 

Willis' younger brother's pretty cool too!<br><br>Image<br><br>yuk yuk yuk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:05 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=general;num=1054930850;start=0#3 date=06/09/03 at 08:10:20] My favorite line is about Amy Gorman who used to, and I think still is a studio receptionist.  "I love her like a milkshake."  Well, if you have ever seen her you would understand that such a bizarre statement applies to Amy.  She's sweet and sunny, I dunno it just sounds appropriate.  But who else besides Wesley would come up with a line like that?  "I love her like a stick of butter".  Would you?[/quote]<br><br>I liked how he said that he likes Jello Biafra "a lot like Instant Whip" on the Shake Your Piggy Bank album(which I was able to find at Borders rather than having to find Wesley himself to buy it).<br><br>Image<br>I'd probably have to track him down to get this one. I've been looking for a while, trying to find it, but Borders' online directory keeps saying it "usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:29 pm 

Some news on Wesley...<br><br>http://alternativetentacles.com/news.php?sd=Z5mUmug1YYoRFNRTNuQ#144<br><br>06/03/03: Wesley Willis Undergoes Emergency Surgery<br><br>Wesley Willis,  Alternative Tentacle's Rock Star, had to undergo emergency surgery on June 2nd at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights, Illinois to identify the source of, and to suppress internal bleeding. <br><br>On Sunday, June 1st, Wesley was at a physical therapy appointment when he started bleeding. He was rushed back to the hospital where doctors tried to determine the source of his bleeding. Despite exhaustive attempts to locate the source of his bleeding via non-intrusive methods, doctors decided that they had to operate. So, on Monday, June 2nd, at around 1pm CST, Wesley was in surgery for 6 1/2 hours. They were able to locate the source of the bleeding and suppress it. Tissue has been sent off for tests to see if his leukemia has spread to other regions. <br><br>Wesley Willis, who has released over 50 albums - 3 of which on Alternative Tentacles - was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) at the end of 2002. It is not clear if this bleeding was related to his leukemia. This form of leukemia is treatable. Wesley has been undergoing care for his leukemia, and his doctors are very hopeful that the treatment will be successful. Prior to this incident, he has responded well to treatments. But this will be an ongoing battle. Wesley is clearly not out of the woods yet. <br><br>For more information on this type of leukemia, you can visit http://leukemia-lymphoma.org and we will have updates of his condition on our website. <br><br>All touring plans for the rest of the year have been cancelled. <br><br>Wesley celebrated his 40th Birthday on Saturday, May 31st. <br><br>Well-wishers are encouraged to send Get Well cards to Wesley care of the following address : <br><br>Northwest Community Hospital <br>Critical Care Unit <br>MOD B <br>Attn. Mr. Wesley Willis <br>800 West Central Rd. <br>Arlington Heights, IL <br>60005<br><br>Hope he gets better soon...