Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:45 am 

Hey Gang,
I've been an off & on poster / constant lurker for a long time now. Though lately I have been posting more.

In November of this past year my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. This Friday she has surgery. If you guys have positivity to spare we could it.

If you guys like art she has a page here https://www.facebook.com/Unfriendlyart and at www.unfriendlythings.com

Just looking for some positive thoughts for this Friday and to remind everyone here, that admist all this Music is pretty damn close to the best. The string of recent releases have meant a lot to me and been bright patches in otherwise shitty days.

She finally had the courage to "publicly" post it on facebook to her friends so if you do visit her facebook page please no wall message regarding her cancer as I'm not sure she wants to have that totally out there (and might murder me for this post!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 am 

Mrs Grimp: don't kill your husband, he's nice!

(sends all the positive vibes she can find)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 am 

Many positive vibes from me too.
All the best,
TT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 am 

Positivity -
My fav of hers is the one she uses on her Facebook avatar:

Question - What is Sketti Time? ... assuming it's spaghetti!

Last edited by The Forum Killed Arkay on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:20 am 

Fav title: "In Heaven There Will Be Teeth"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:19 am 

Wishing you all the best. Think about "Village of the Sun".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm 

Positive vibes in bulk winging their way to you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm 

Grimp , good luck to you and the Mrs.
I personally know two women who have had this done within the past 7 or 8 years and the 1st thing they will say about it is :" I have nothing to hide and that freedom feels fantastic ! "

Don't know what time zone you're in but I'll try to emit all day for you guys and another poster's wife as well .
:)

Just looked at her art .
What's not to like ?

8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:34 pm 

Hey pedro2. He is in the Central Time Zone.

Grimp,

I know you don't know me, but I'm not far from you guys. If you need some help with anything on the weekend, I can be there in a couple hours.

Other than that, the positive thoughts are coming yall's way bro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:36 pm 

Grimpo, I've got a lot of positive vibes for both of y'all man. We all do bro'! Check out the Plook On Tour thread and you'll see we are all for one and one for all here. FZ's music brings us all together even though we might be as different as night and day, spiritually, politically and economically, we all still have Frank in common. Ya can't get away from Them or Us anywhere! :)
Us ZappaFreaks, well....you know we got to stick together, we've gotta stick together, to quote the big guy himself.
Your wife is a very talented artist. I like her work. She doesn't need tits for that! She's got everything she needs she's an artist right, how cool is that? And now she's one of our hero's too! Consider yourself a lucky guy with a lot of ZappaFreak friends here. Like me for one!!! :wink: 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm 

:)

Prayers from the baddy residence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:23 pm 

Thanks for all the kindness! We both appreciate it!

@Arkay Sketti-time refers to Sketti, a ketchup and butter based spaghetti recipe the depicted person is infamous for on the show "Honey-boo-boo".

@Philostopher Thanks so much for the offer! Means a lot when strangers show that level of kindness, hopefully I'll never need to call, that said, if you are ever in Nashville, let me know and lets grab some food.

@Everyone else THANKS THANKS THANKS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:28 pm 

My best wishes for you and your wife. I really like her artwork. Also, I saw the Bill Hicks post on her Facebook page. Seems like a great gal you got there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 pm 

Stay strong, G. She likes Bill Hicks? That's cool. He certainly seemed to face his battle bravely.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 pm 

KUIII wrote:
My best wishes for you and your wife. I really like her artwork. Also, I saw the Bill Hicks post on her Facebook page. Seems like a great gal you got there.

Wasn't Maria Muldaur one of Bill Hicks' Hot Licks? I always liked that album and have seen Bill Hicks around the SF Bay area many times over the years. Always a good show! 8)

downer mydnyte wrote:
Stay strong, G. She likes Bill Hicks? That's cool. He certainly seemed to face his battle bravely.

I didn't know he was fighting any battles DM. :o I hope he wins his too then. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:

Wasn't Maria Muldaur one of Bill Hicks' Hot Licks? I always liked that album and have seen Bill Hicks around the SF Bay area many times over the years. Always a good show! 8)

downer mydnyte wrote:

I didn't know he was fighting any battles DM. :o I hope he wins his too then. :wink:

Kapt., you're thinking of Dan Hicks although there is a musician named Bill Hicks as well. The Billl Hicks of which we speak was one of the greatest (and most under appreciated) stand up comics off all- time. He died in his early 30's of cancer just as it seemed his career was taking off (he was about the same age as me though I didn't discover him until 5 or 6 years after his death). He is one of the few artistic voices that I discovered after the age of 30 that rivaled my love of FZ (another being Ween). Anyway, check his stuff out on YouTube or get his cd's. He was great! You would like him I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:55 pm 

KUIII wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:

downer mydnyte wrote:

Kapt., you're thinking of Dan Hicks although there is a musician named Bill Hicks as well. The Billl Hicks of which we speak was one of the greatest (and most under appreciated) stand up comics off all- time. He died in his early 30's of cancer just as it seemed his career was taking off (he was about the same age as me though I didn't discover him until 5 or 6 years after his death). He is one of the few artistic voices that I discovered after the age of 30 that rivaled my love of FZ (another being Ween). Anyway, check his stuff out on YouTube or get his cd's. He was great! You would like him I'm sure.

D'oh! :oops: Homer Simpson voice: "Stupid hicks..." :mrgreen: Thanks KU, I did and your right! I'll have to watch some more of his videos. 8)
Well, they say it's the mind and memory that goes first. How could I be such a foo-oo-ool? :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:05 am 

All the best from down under.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:29 am 

We aren't really strangers. We both have mutual respect for a man who was greatly misunderstood by the masses. I will take you up on that offer to catch a bite to eat next time I make it to Nashville.

That being said. Wishing y'all all the best today.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:50 am 

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE her art!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:59 am 

BBP wrote:
Oh, and I absolutely LOVE her art!

Hi praise indeed coming from the Zappa forums resident artist! 8) :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 pm 

positive vibrations from me too. and, yes, great art. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm 

All my best to you guys tomorrow. I hope everything goes well with the surgery.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
D'oh! :oops: Homer Simpson voice: "Stupid hicks..." :mrgreen: Thanks KU, I did and your right! I'll have to watch some more of his videos. 8)
Well, they say it's the mind and memory that goes first. How could I be such a foo-oo-ool? :oops:

You're no fool. And now you are aware of Bill Hicks! But you already know all of that stuff he used to talk about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

You're no fool. And now you are aware of Bill Hicks! But you already know all of that stuff he used to talk about.

You got it DM, I've been hearing, getting and laying down what he's sayin' before he was available for comment. Good to know someone younger is keepin' on keepin it on though. :wink: 8)