Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm 

NO you could not and that is the point. What the heel is a couple doing to have 4 kids a *SPAM* and more and only making min wage? I don't know how you were brought up but it use to be a person was taught self reliance and financial responsibility . Did you start at the top pay? Were you irresponsible enough to have kids with out the income to do it? Crap, i had to live in my car, maybe work to jobs one part time. Do odd jobs to boot. Did that many years just got going then start over, but I had the sense to not borrow, for many years I lived like nobody else, that way, now I can live like no body else. Well at least I'm debt free.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm 

I'm gonna jump in here without reading what's going on in the thread, (work and HW has had me going; if productivity has doubled in the last 25 years, why don't we now work 20 hours/week for full pay, pension, medical, as we had 25 years ago).

Because 99% of our money is typed from air into people's accounts when they borrow it, our money is composed of debt; money is debt, so to speak.

When people sign the line, the principle amount is typed into their bank account, (the bank does not really "lend" bank money to the borrorer.

Because it's a banking scheme, designed by ver very top elite of the food chain, (bankers>WallStreet>Politicians>citizens), of course there's a hitch...

..the hitch is, only the ammount borrowed is typed into the borrowers account; the INTEREST is never created.

But the borrower must pay back the interest in addition to the principle; somebody's gonna have to borrow to get that INTEREST money created.

The result is compounding debt to the elite bankers, (to the owners of the Federal Reserve mostly, all banks are in a closed loop).

The only way money can exist to pay back the principle + INTEREST is through more borrowing (and more debt), either by the borrorer, or he must earn it from someone else who borrowed.

Because it's new debt on existing debt, it's not a linear increase in debt, it's a curve which rapidly becomes nearly vertical.

The only way to keep up with it is to produce more, (make more things of value that can be borrowed to buy, to different degrees of indirectness). (That's why they're always worried about growth).

Life on the steep part of the debt curve is not easy; it's hard to earn enough money to pay the rich people.

----------------

And they kick us when we're down too because it's how they can get MORE money from us; that's just what they do.

We have also the dual growth drains of outsourcing and automation.

Because of automation, we twice as productive, but our politicians didn't insist on gradually cutting hours from 40 to 20 over the last 25 years. So there's only half the work that needs to be done (we neglected to tell our politicians to do this, instead we voted politicans in who were in bed with the rich...while the voters were sleeping, the puppy was crappin.

But the far worse cut on growth is the present outsourcing of our manufacturing, the elephant in the room, (behind the TV where most voters cant see it).

We don't even make our own underwear anymore, we use increases in debt to the rich to buy it from chinese slave labor.

So the jobs won't be back until there is again cheap labor in the US, labor that can compete with communist china's slave labor making it worthwhile to manufacture in the US again.

Oh, did I mention the trillions we taxpayers go into debt to the rich bankers to for all our warring? Another kick when down, and ALL recent presidents have INCREASED the military budget, yes, even Obomba).

The music will stop when we can no longer borrow ebough to pay the rich who lend it to us...mostl likely because foreigners exit the dollar creating an overnight crash. This is the enivitable outcome of debt outrunning growth, (and have you noticed how answers to crisis' is always borrow more).

If voters wake up before this event, there is a way out, by dechartering the Fed, and dovetailing Constitutual money into the system, while simutaneously exiting the outsourcing trade agreements so the jobs may return.

Of course we will still have automation to contend with, but we can always reduce the work-week hours to make us less productive, (we no longer would need growth to keep up with increasing debt to the rich, those at the top of the food chain, the rothchilds, warburgs, etc..).

Was it Rothchild who said, "give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes it's laws." I say remove their control of the nations money supply so our laws will again matter, (to our standard of living, at least).

What flavor of capitalism are we seeing? I see it under a game of keep up with the debt to the bankers by borrowing more from them. While the game is on we can't win (no system can win, central banks even raped communist russia with it's opposite to capitalism laws), we can only go in debt more and more until the music stops.

So the only question that remains is will the voters wake up before the music stops? Will they start nomominating and voting for the politicians the elite owned media don't want them to vote for...

...or does the music have to stop.

Tool said, "learn to swim."
I say every house should have a year of rice and beans for every one of it's occupants.

Sorry for my typos :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:07 pm 

Minimum wage is for inexperienced teenagers to enter the workforce and learn adult responsibilities such as a work ethic and not spending more than you earn.

It's not for derelicts who have four children ( who they probably don't pay for anyway ) and people in their 30's and up , who strayed from job to job and learned no skills along the way.

As far as job growth , the jobs that are growing are the ones that pay 1/2 - 1/3 of what the same jobs used to pay ( check most unions' starting pay + benes ), if you're lucky enough to beat out the other 700+ applicants.

Want to really help this country and jobs ?

Close ALL public schools and get rid of their unions.

Start teaching instead of blindly passing the kids.

ps .. I Love the tenure decision in Calif. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:46 pm 

...baddy remains KING...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:03 am 

A Blast from the Past:

"No one should ever work.

Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world. Almost all the evil you'd care to name comes from working or from living in a world designed for work. In order to stop suffering, we have to stop working."

http://deoxy.org/endwork.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:11 pm 

brainpang wrote:
A Blast from the Past:

"No one should ever work.

Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world. Almost all the evil you'd care to name comes from working or from living in a world designed for work. In order to stop suffering, we have to stop working."

http://deoxy.org/endwork.htm

ROTFLMFAO! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I"ll take, "Who doesn't understand Capitalism's ultra-importance in enhancing the quality of life for BILLIONS of people...and if we didn't have it, we'd all be living in extreme poverty", for $1,000, Alex!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:17 pm 

Billions of people have no purpose other then to be enslaved. Keep pumping out those kids! And ban abortions! Destroy the farms. Don't allow people to work directly towards their own survival. Must maintain control.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:22 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Billions of people have no purpose other then to be enslaved. Keep pumping out those kids! And ban abortions! Destroy the farms. Don't allow people to work directly towards their own survival. Must maintain control.....

You just keep getting stupider by the minute, don'tcha?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:28 pm 

^I'm having a lot more fun than you are.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:30 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
^I'm having a lot more fun than you are.

I greatly doubt that...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:34 pm 

You do seem like you're having a blast!
What other fun stuff do you do besides worry about Capitalism, drool over statistics and worship Ron Paul?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:27 am 

A Kate Bush Fan not having a SHITLOAD of fun? Are you kidding?

No, DB's humor mostly comes from schadenfreude. That's a word I learned from someone on this forum. LetsBeFraynk, I think. I do like to think that on occasion DB actually has some real sort of happiness.
Nah, that doesn't ring true.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:52 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Not really. His ability to approach a situation from more than one angle is much more refreshing than your tunnel vision method. But that's just my opinion, and you probably think I'm stupid too. Don't you? Don'tcha is not a real word. Just though I would point that out, since you corrected a punctuation error I made once. :smoke:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:01 am 

baddy wrote:
I'm gonna jump in here without reading what's going on in the thread, (work and HW has had me going; if productivity has doubled in the last 25 years, why don't we now work 20 hours/week for full pay, pension, medical, as we had 25 years ago).

Because 99% of our money is typed from air into people's accounts when they borrow it, our money is composed of debt; money is debt, so to speak.

When people sign the line, the principle amount is typed into their bank account, (the bank does not really "lend" bank money to the borrorer.

Because it's a banking scheme, designed by ver very top elite of the food chain, (bankers>WallStreet>Politicians>citizens), of course there's a hitch...

..the hitch is, only the ammount borrowed is typed into the borrowers account; the INTEREST is never created.

But the borrower must pay back the interest in addition to the principle; somebody's gonna have to borrow to get that INTEREST money created.

The result is compounding debt to the elite bankers, (to the owners of the Federal Reserve mostly, all banks are in a closed loop).

The only way money can exist to pay back the principle + INTEREST is through more borrowing (and more debt), either by the borrorer, or he must earn it from someone else who borrowed.

Because it's new debt on existing debt, it's not a linear increase in debt, it's a curve which rapidly becomes nearly vertical.

The only way to keep up with it is to produce more, (make more things of value that can be borrowed to buy, to different degrees of indirectness). (That's why they're always worried about growth).

Life on the steep part of the debt curve is not easy; it's hard to earn enough money to pay the rich people.

----------------

And they kick us when we're down too because it's how they can get MORE money from us; that's just what they do.

We have also the dual growth drains of outsourcing and automation.

Because of automation, we twice as productive, but our politicians didn't insist on gradually cutting hours from 40 to 20 over the last 25 years. So there's only half the work that needs to be done (we neglected to tell our politicians to do this, instead we voted politicans in who were in bed with the rich...while the voters were sleeping, the puppy was crappin.

But the far worse cut on growth is the present outsourcing of our manufacturing, the elephant in the room, (behind the TV where most voters cant see it).

We don't even make our own underwear anymore, we use increases in debt to the rich to buy it from chinese slave labor.

So the jobs won't be back until there is again cheap labor in the US, labor that can compete with communist china's slave labor making it worthwhile to manufacture in the US again.

Oh, did I mention the trillions we taxpayers go into debt to the rich bankers to for all our warring? Another kick when down, and ALL recent presidents have INCREASED the military budget, yes, even Obomba).

The music will stop when we can no longer borrow ebough to pay the rich who lend it to us...mostl likely because foreigners exit the dollar creating an overnight crash. This is the enivitable outcome of debt outrunning growth, (and have you noticed how answers to crisis' is always borrow more).

If voters wake up before this event, there is a way out, by dechartering the Fed, and dovetailing Constitutual money into the system, while simutaneously exiting the outsourcing trade agreements so the jobs may return.

Of course we will still have automation to contend with, but we can always reduce the work-week hours to make us less productive, (we no longer would need growth to keep up with increasing debt to the rich, those at the top of the food chain, the rothchilds, warburgs, etc..).

Was it Rothchild who said, "give me control of a nation's money supply, and I care not who makes it's laws." I say remove their control of the nations money supply so our laws will again matter, (to our standard of living, at least).

What flavor of capitalism are we seeing? I see it under a game of keep up with the debt to the bankers by borrowing more from them. While the game is on we can't win (no system can win, central banks even raped communist russia with it's opposite to capitalism laws), we can only go in debt more and more until the music stops.

So the only question that remains is will the voters wake up before the music stops? Will they start nomominating and voting for the politicians the elite owned media don't want them to vote for...

...or does the music have to stop.

Tool said, "learn to swim."
I say every house should have a year of rice and beans for every one of it's occupants.

Sorry for my typos :)

Killer post, Baddy! Though it hurts me to nitpick, you should have used the word 'currency' instead of 'money'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 am 

Well.... the baddy post seems all over the place, if an individual would just take responsibility for their own financial situation one would be better off. The best thing is to NOT borrow. Sorry to say but that is the fact. A home *SPAM* being the only exception and then for most, renting is about the best way to save up enough for a down payment. Debt free is the way to go, borrower is slave to the lender .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:40 am 

I'm proud to say that I am currently debt free. I'll never own another credit card as long as I live, unless it's prepaid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:18 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
borrower is slave to the lender .

Hi BRAVO SIERRA, aint it the truth...
...we (US taxpayers), are $17, 521, 026, 000. slaves to the bank (federal reserve -which is a private bank, it's not part of the gov't).

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm proud to say that I am currently debt free.

You owe the bank about $55, 000 at the moment, each American does, and it's going up each moment. Americans tend to overlook this, which is how they get many of us to vote for more of it.

We're paying the interest, while we borrowing more.

Each day we go 2.3 billion more in debt to the bank, 65 billion more in debt a month.

Half the US income is for the military and for Obamawars, killing people to keep us safe from the terrorists.

As we monitize the debt, we devalue our dollars.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm 

The figure is more like 80k per person, based on the national debt. One can not get to hung up on that, term limits, educated voting, getting the millions not looking for work working, but most important is ones Personal finances.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm proud to say that I am currently debt free. I'll never own another credit card as long as I live, unless it's prepaid.

We definitely agree on this yea!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
A Kate Bush Fan not having a SHITLOAD of fun? Are you kidding?

No, DB's humor mostly comes from schadenfreude. That's a word I learned from someone on this forum. LetsBeFraynk, I think. I do like to think that on occasion DB actually has some real sort of happiness.
Nah, that doesn't ring true.

I'm STILL waitin' for even ONE convincing argument to the contrary to disprove what I've stated, genius...

Philostopher wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Not really. His ability to approach a situation from more than one angle is much more refreshing than your tunnel vision method. But that's just my opinion, and you probably think I'm stupid too. Don't you? Don'tcha is not a real word. Just though I would point that out, since you corrected a punctuation error I made once. :smoke:

Are you fucking kidding me? He posts from the same angle each and every time.

And btw, as far as I'm concerned, you can't have tunnel vision if you're Libertarian, since the platform is too broad and open-ended. And no, I don't necessarily think you're stupid - I don't know you well enough to make that or any judgement...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:12 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:

The good news is that a lot of people are dropping out of the workforce, getting back to doing things for themselves. And buying less crap. Soon we will wean ourselves off of the internet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:10 am 

People go to work..................now

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:46 am 

baddy wrote:
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
borrower is slave to the lender .

Hi BRAVO SIERRA, aint it the truth...
...we (US taxpayers), are $17, 521, 026, 000. slaves to the bank (federal reserve -which is a private bank, it's not part of the gov't).

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
I'm proud to say that I am currently debt free.

You owe the bank about $55, 000 at the moment, each American does, and it's going up each moment. Americans tend to overlook this, which is how they get many of us to vote for more of it.

We're paying the interest, while we borrowing more.

Each day we go 2.3 billion more in debt to the bank, 65 billion more in debt a month.

Half the US income is for the military and for Obamawars, killing people to keep us safe from the terrorists.

As we monitize the debt, we devalue our dollars.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I had read somewhere on a link on a Facebook post a few days back that claimed the Iraq war alone cost over 7 trillion dollars. If that's the case, that is nearly half of the debt right there. I don't know how much of it was spent on Obama's watch versus Bush's watch, but I would assume most of it was under Bush.

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
SPACEBROTHER wrote:

We definitely agree on this yea!!!

It wasn't an easy process, but I buckled down. It just took a little will power and some serious belt tightening.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:56 am 

Disco Boy wrote:
And btw, as far as I'm concerned, you can't have tunnel vision if you're Libertarian, since the platform is too broad and open-ended. And no, I don't necessarily think you're stupid - I don't know you well enough to make that or any judgement...

Let me explain it to you. You just labeled yourself as something by calling yourself a Libertarian. Everyone thinks their political party or religion is broad or open-ended. Christians think they are non judgemental, but that's a crock of shit. Don't believe me? Come on down here for a week. I'll pay for you to stay in the local motel for a week, and you can observe this behavior. You can throw a rock from anywhere, and hit a fucking church. They go on Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and Wednesday evening. Then they stab you in the back in their everyday life at work. But it's ok, because they are forgiven by the big guy sitting on the cloud waiting for us to die.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm me. I don't subscribe to any platform, and my ideals are based on my approximately 48 years of dealing with mostly people who think their way is the only fucking way. So, I've had to pull aspects of all different kinds of shit to make who I am today. If you have to put a label on me, just call me a Mutt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:11 pm 

Libertarians are open-ended in the sense that they allow all types of white supremacist groups, terrorist militia's and wacky conspiracy theorists into the fold. Really, they have the worst tunnel vision of any political orientation. They support the Constitution, except the parts regarding the freeing of slaves. just ask Ron Paul...

"You could buy the slaves and release them. How much would that cost?" ~ Ron Paul during a pro-Confederacy convention that he spoke at.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next