Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
Again, the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, when in doubt, make something up.

DB arithmetic Part 2
1. DB's use of the term "Socialism Is the Future" + DB's memory + bet - quote by Caputh = Overwhelming Evidence that Caputh posted the term "Socialism is the Future".
2. One More Time For The World + Bold Print +Full stops between words+ Son of One More Time For The World + Bold Print + Full stops between words = Overwhelming Evidence of DB's infallibility.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
DB's got the biggest balls of us all! Right DB? :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1776
Interesting "debate".

I wonder if some of you could look over this admittedly inflammatory link regarding ObamaCare.

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/07/1 ... s-history/

In particular, I would like to know if this has any resemblence to Canadian or European helathcare.

I would also like SPACEBROTHER, et al, to refute what is said in the article using solid evidence.

Thank you for your participation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
DB's got the biggest balls of us all! Right DB? :wink: :mrgreen:


Before the "debate" I have to refer to the important topic of DB's enormous balls, which are the subject of this ancient ditty...

"When he's walking down the street, of course, they drag behind him sore
And then, of course, he gets followed by every fucking whore
Who says, "'ere, what we got in front of us, pair of bleedin' balls?
By Christ all-fucking-mighty, they could fill Carnegie Halls"
So he went onto the internet to show his private parts
He went onto the Z Forum and they began to fart
And when he came online with his balls dragging right behind
They said, "My Christ, what is he doing, he must be out of his mind?"
(With apologies to Dudley Moore, Disco Boy, A Rope Leash and anyone else who is offended)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
A rope leash wrote:

I wonder if some of you could look over this admittedly inflammatory link regarding ObamaCare.

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/07/1 ... s-history/

In particular, I would like to know if this has any resemblence to Canadian or European helathcare.

I would also like SPACEBROTHER, et al, to refute what is said in the article using solid evidence.

Thank you for your participation.


OK, seriously.

European Healthcare is a bit difficult to talk about as there are different systems in different countries.
As regards the UK and NHS, I can speak of the treatment my uncle's terminal colon cancer.
It was discovered too late (nobody's fault but my uncle's, who hated doctors). He was given chemotherapy, radiotherapy and operated on.
After a few months he still "felt" the cancer. He went back to the hospital and was informed: "We've spent too much money on you already." (Definitely bad treatment).
However, once the cancer was detected again, it was clear any treatment was too late. My uncle was not the kind of person who wanted to know that it was too late.
They therefore plugged a portable pump into his body that they said was giving him a mild form of chemotherapy. (He loved expensive gadgets and used to show to me and say: "See that? That's worth 4000 pounds!)
It was in fact a placebo.
Eventually, it got to the stage that he couldn't eat or hardly drink any more. They offered him to carry on feeding him through drip. He asked: "Will it make the cancer go away?" They said "No." So he basically decided to die at home - but without saying it.
Euthanasia is illegal in GB, but the doctor wrote many prescriptions for morphine and my parents and my aunt went 'round to different chemists, stockpiling a morphine overdose for my uncle. This was given to him over a period of about 3 days and he died peacefully.
The one mistake, for me, was made when money entered the equation in a life and death situation and I think, unfortunately, that money tends to play a role in both private and public options. For the rest of his treatment, I have the most heartfelt approval. It was sensitive, appropriate and individual.

(And if some of you might be wondering why I posted the above ditty and then wrote, possibly too emotionally, about my dear uncle, the original version of the above ditty (known as the My Mum/Cancer song") was one of his favourite sketches.)

On the other hand, a number of right-wing newspapers have been complaining about NHS care recently, which come close to accusations of death panels e.g.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... pital.html

In Germany, on the other hand, as the article linked to by you above indicates, there was a euthanasia programme under the Nazis. Thus today, any question of euthanasia, or indeed of costs entering the equation is viewed highly critically. With my wife's cancer, basically no costs were spared on important questions and, although we're now privately insured at the time she was state-insured. The state insurance even went so far as to continue paying her wages until the illness was basically over and the doctors and hospitals in which one is treated are exactly the same for private and state insured patients.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am
Posts: 395
Sorry Disco, you can not equate "FACT" to "simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Right on Caputh! Now get back to your vacation and relax, kickback and watch the S-car-go races! :wink: :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3509
Location: Vancouver, BC
tweedle-dumb wrote:
Yes Disco Douche, it was your claim that Ron Paul was going to get 10 million votes. He got 2 million. You were wrong, as is almost always the case.


That was NOT my exact claim. And no, I wasn't wrong.

tweedle-dumb wrote:
I knocked his block off

wait, this is a health care thread...and Disco Douche was proven wrong here too.

Takes a steady hand and steady nerves... :lol: :wink:

the privatized system version...


http://www.thefreedictionary.com/delusional

de·lu·sional (d-lzhn)
n.
1.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Again, the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So, when in doubt, make something up.

DB arithmetic Part 2
1. DB's use of the term "Socialism Is the Future" + DB's memory + bet - quote by Caputh = Overwhelming Evidence that Caputh posted the term "Socialism is the Future".
2. One More Time For The World + Bold Print +Full stops between words+ Son of One More Time For The World + Bold Print + Full stops between words = Overwhelming Evidence of DB's infallibility.


ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

STOP lying and can the hyperbolic BS. I know for a FACT you stated it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made sarcastic remarks about it in the links I provided in my repost. Again, the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:

I always knew you walked along the fine line between bullshit and reality. But now that you STILL can't admit you stated it, you've crossed that line. Sad. REALLY sad.

tiboudre wrote:
Sorry Disco, you can not equate "FACT" to "simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it".


Dude, I've discussed many topics with him for probably an entire year now. I know for a FACT he stated it. And btw, I stated "I know" for a FACT he stated it. However, you may not know for a FACT he stated it.

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:
[
ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

STOP lying and can the hyperbolic BS. I know for a FACT you stated it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made sarcastic remarks about it in the links I provided in my repost. Again, the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:

I always knew you walked along the fine line between bullshit and reality. But now that you STILL can't admit you stated it, you've crossed that line. Sad. REALLY sad.

tiboudre wrote:
Sorry Disco, you can not equate "FACT" to "simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it".


Dude, I've discussed many topics with him for probably an entire year now. I know for a FACT he stated it. And btw, I stated "I know" for a FACT he stated it. However, you may not know for a FACT he stated it.


Disco Boy believes want he wants to believe. Search, DB, search.

If, as you claim
Disco Boy wrote:
I know for a FACT you stated it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made sarcastic remarks about it

how come in your original post
Disco Boy wrote:
But then again, socialism is the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

you do not attribute the quote to me?

As I've said, my mind-reading abilities are minimal, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that "Socialism is the future" is what you thought I think. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Anyway I've now changed my sig so you can be happy at last.
DB arithmetic part 3
Zero evidence for a claim+ breast beating+ more capital letters - ability to use search function= Overwhelming Evidence of a fact.

I don't think you could make Disco Boy up :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Edited to quote Disco Boy properly in all his glory)

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Last edited by Caputh on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5661
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
Yes, it was your claim Disco Douche, and you were indeed wrong. Now you're just being pathological. :roll:


Last edited by SPACEBROTHER on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13138
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I saw the news today, oh boy,
Obamacare is really working,
There is no doom to spread, oh no.
The party of NO,
Has really failed.
We've seen this face before.
Nobody is really from the house of Lords here now are they?
But they would love to take your rights away. (shush-a shush-a)
Woke up, read the conspiracy theories,
Fell asleep and had a dream,
We could all work together if negative adds didn't win elections,
We could all be a part,
Of something bigger than our differences.

Let's work together, every child woman & man. ~ Canned Heat

:P

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5661
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
I love Canned Heat! Great song. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1776
The Beatles were a good band, too.

I appreciate Caputh's response to the link I posted. End of life decisions are a delicate matter...I can share stories, but I gotta go ta work and be a jerk.

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm or deny that these "death panels" spoken about in the link are for real, and can someone please explain why it seems so difficult to get detailed information about ObamaCare.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
Obama care has failed, why do you think the extended the mandate for a year, also myself and many I know are seeing their rates rise.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2807
Location: Chicago, sort of.
It's too soon to establish that Obamacare has failed or not. It's not even all in place yet, and implementation of anything has it's problems. When it is in place after next year, it will stand or fall. But it would have to fail miserably for it to be worse that what we had, which was the insurance companies screwing the public for the sake of their huge profits. I don't think we could get worse than what we had.

For the record, I did NOT want Obamacare, and I was pissed off when the president dumbed it down and settled for it. I wanted single payer.

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
well part of the ideas are ok like preexisting medical, but if you are really following you see that there is not enough income to make it work, it is sad, but 300 million people, and not enough income, in a utopia world it would be great, but this monstrosity was not thought out the gov. is spending Billions to hire and implement the damn thing that could go to medical procedures. The us needs a comprehensive plan, this ain't it, we also need to rework the IRS , but government wants to be big in this admin, and that in it's self is a wag the dog. I am afraid the us government at this rate is going the way of the romans..

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2807
Location: Chicago, sort of.
I still think that if it fails to deliver it's promise, it will still be much better than what we had before it. The fraud and abuse we have now is staggering. I work in health care and I see it every day. My son recently sprained his knee and his physical therapist charged us $45 for each time he used ice to calm his shoulder after treatment. :x

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5661
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
I had to get an MRI once, which was essentially having my picture taken, and it cost me $7000.00. I was uninsured at the time. :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
not believing that an mri cost 2000 to 3000 tops, I actually needed one but insurance did not cover so I went with x ray and have to wait for their percentage of immobility before mri is covered.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm
Posts: 1776
Will there be "death panels" or not?!











God damn.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18536
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
not believing that an mri cost 2000 to 3000 tops, I actually needed one but insurance did not cover so I went with x ray and have to wait for their percentage of immobility before mri is covered.

Depends where you go for one. Choose wisely!

"The cheapest average list price for an MRI in New York was the $474 at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, while the most expensive was the $7,332 at Good Samaritan Hospital of Suffern, according to the data."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-0 ... costs.html

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:27 pm
Posts: 5661
Location: echoing through the canyons of your mind
At the time I had to get an MRI, only one local hospital had a machine, so naturally, it was a rip-off.



also....there never were death panels. That was a myth created by Republicans, and promoted by the likes of Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann. End of story.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3509
Location: Vancouver, BC
Caputh wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
[
ONE. MORE. TIME. FOR. THE. WORLD.:

STOP lying and can the hyperbolic BS. I know for a FACT you stated it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made sarcastic remarks about it in the links I provided in my repost. Again, the reason why I haven't posted your quote is simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it. :roll:

I always knew you walked along the fine line between bullshit and reality. But now that you STILL can't admit you stated it, you've crossed that line. Sad. REALLY sad.

tiboudre wrote:
Sorry Disco, you can not equate "FACT" to "simply because I can't find it or that you deleted it".


Dude, I've discussed many topics with him for probably an entire year now. I know for a FACT he stated it. And btw, I stated "I know" for a FACT he stated it. However, you may not know for a FACT he stated it.


Disco Boy believes want he wants to believe. Search, DB, search.

If, as you claim
Disco Boy wrote:
I know for a FACT you stated it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made sarcastic remarks about it

how come in your original post
Disco Boy wrote:
But then again, socialism is the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

you do not attribute the quote to me?

As I've said, my mind-reading abilities are minimal, but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that "Socialism is the future" is what you thought I think. Unfortunately, it isn't.

Anyway I've now changed my sig so you can be happy at last.
DB arithmetic part 3
Zero evidence for a claim+ breast beating+ more capital letters - ability to use search function= Overwhelming Evidence of a fact.

I don't think you could make Disco Boy up :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Edited to quote Disco Boy properly in all his glory)


You're STILL not man enough to admit you stated it?!

You are very sad...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Yes, it was your claim Disco Douche, and you were indeed wrong. Now you're just being pathological. :roll:


It was my claim, but I am NOT wrong. I'd bet my LIFE on it.

Now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAgRBq2jnz4

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4703
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Disco Boy wrote:

You're STILL not man enough to admit you stated it?!

You are very sad...

tweedle-dumb wrote:
Yes, it was your claim Disco Douche, and you were indeed wrong. Now you're just being pathological. :roll:


It was my claim, but I am NOT wrong. I'd bet my LIFE on it.



I think by now quite a few people would bet your life, too - not me, though :wink:

DB arithmetic part 4
DB's life+ Nothing at all= Overwhelming evidence that Caputh is very sad.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:11 am
Posts: 3462
the so called death panels are real, just read the ACA the IRS WILL determine if you are a candidate for certain procedures, now go read it is a big law.

_________________
Confusion will be my epitaph


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group