Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:49 pm 

He wrote advertising jingles before he became famous...

http://windycitylive.com/video?id=8735249

You know them.

The government does not want to run your life so much as it wants to train you and own you. Free-range slaves are the best...captive slaves require actual care.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:00 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
He wrote advertising jingles before he became famous...

http://windycitylive.com/video?id=8735249

The man is a musical genius!!

Which format of radio might I hear him on?
Oldies?
Soft Rock?
Alternative?
Classic Ballads Of The 70s?
Showtunes?
Dork Rock?
Homo?
Post Rock Love Songs?
Smooth Jizz?
Bi?
Quiet Storm?
Hetero?
Sugar Coated Fluff?
Top 40 For Geezers?
Hairless Man Rock?
Lesbo Funk?
Queer Soul?
R&B?
Cunt Tree?
Swinger Disco?
Hermit Disco?
Amputee Disco?
White Funk?
Hall And Oats Radio?
Fathers Of Phil Collins ?
Bruce Johnston Hits?
Soft Soul Ballads Of The 70s and 80s?
Cannibal Ballads?
Vegas Acts?
Face Lift Music?
No Balls All The Time?
Pussy Whipped Sounds Of The 70s?
Crybaby Radio?
Love Songs For Shut Ins?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm 

They play him on KUNT all the time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:26 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
They play him on KUNT all the time.

That good ol' kuntry radio, reekin' at ya from K-UNT 69.9 FM-AM-S&M on your radio dial. (don't touch that dial, you don't know where it's been!)

CJ & The Fish Cheer! What's that smell! :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:45 pm 

I guess a better way to put it then would be government is involved in our lives more than I like. My point is very simple, reduce the size of government.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:53 pm 

That's very different than this: Why do all you guys want the federal government running your lives? Much more to the point and without bullet points.

But like anything the devil is in the details.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Disco Boy wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Is that proof that the govt is running my life?

I think BV's statement was a figurative speech, since I don't think he was referring to everyone. However, if you're ever broke due to being unemployed and/or if you become so lazy that you don't want to work, etc., where you would be in need of things like food stamps, etc., you can bet your ass at the very least, that they're partially running your life...

If I were broke and had no choice but to apply for unemployment, and if I needed food stamps, I'd be pretty relieved those things were available to me. Once again, how does the federal government run my life, as Bravo stated? Because I can utilize the safety net? Don't think so.

You mean a safety net that is too GIGANTIC for reality because the Government won't have the money to properly maintain it for much longer, since we're incredibly close to entering another Depression? Yes. That's one example. It's pretty simple. The degree of control will obviously differ from person to person, but the fact is that the Government does at least partially run our lives. And I fail to see, apart from a few exceptions like national defence, affordable taxes (for example, a 15% goods & services tax on everything you buy, since almost all other taxes are NOT necessary), and a small but healthy dose of safety net options relating to healthcare or unemployment (and possibly a few other things), how that's a good thing, considering how massively corrupt they are and how much of our $$$ they waste?!

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I guess a better way to put it then would be government is involved in our lives more than I like. My point is very simple, reduce the size of government.

BINGO!

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:54 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else. But I can't even come up with one example of how the feds are running my life. Can you?

Two words: Income tax

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 am 

I fail to see how paying taxes means the fed govt is running my life. I make choices in every part of my life. The constant harping by republicans that the govt is controlling every aspect of our lives is just smoke and noise. A smaller govt would be great, but how can we talk about sensible ways to shrink it when we have all this shouting. I commend Rope and Bravo for getting to more sensible statements on this topic.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

Last edited by Ronny's Noomies on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:39 am 

They will run your life if you don't pay them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:48 am 

:shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:37 am 

The gov't runs your life if you do pay taxes, and if you don't pay taxes? :roll:

Republicans, Conservatives and other people on the Right are easily distracted with the talking points about taxes when it's their side that historically is responsible for every economic crash and massive job loss in the US. To make matters worse, when they handed the sinking ship to Obama, they filibustered and blocked everything to stop the collapse so they could blame that, and their debt and their wars on the black guy. Part of the right wing government, the right wing media and the right wing corporations are controlling many people. They've managed to brainwash and create an epidemic of paranoia amongst Conservatives.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:40 am 

The Democrats had a majority in both houses when GWB was elected. Why didn't they stop him then?

They signed on to every crazy fucking thing that happened after 9-11-2001.

Fell right into line.

Now that a Democrat is in power, the same crazy shit not only continues, it gets worse. How many wars are we fighting, or starting right now, I've lost count...

Stop blaming Republicans, and start seeing both sides. It's the same coin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:37 pm 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:41 pm 

"They call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm 

I don't see republicans saying gov. is taking over as much as government is spending the country into, a point of no return. Remember Detroit has not had a rep. mayor for over 40 years, and the last one is in prison ! that is mayor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:56 pm 

Well, not all republicans, but certainly the Fox News contingent, and those with similar viewpoints, such as the Tea Party.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
The Democrats had a majority in both houses when GWB was elected. Why didn't they stop him then?

They signed on to every crazy fucking thing that happened after 9-11-2001.

Fell right into line.

Now that a Democrat is in power, the same crazy shit not only continues, it gets worse. How many wars are we fighting, or starting right now, I've lost count...

Stop blaming Republicans, and start seeing both sides. It's the same coin.

Actually, Republicans had the majority of both houses from 1995 - 2007. From the 104th congress through the 109th. Your information is inaccurate.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I don't see republicans saying gov. is taking over as much as government is spending the country into, a point of no return. Remember Detroit has not had a rep. mayor for over 40 years, and the last one is in prison ! that is mayor.

Republicans have controlled the governor's office 35 of the last 50 years. The worst of the collapse in Detroit happened on their watches beginning with George Romney from '63 - '69, then William Milliken from '69 - '83, then John Engler from '91 - 2003 and now Rick Snyder from 2011 - current. Detroit's bankruptcy happened on a Republicans watch.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:42 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Oldies?
Soft Rock?
Alternative?
Classic Ballads Of The 70s?
Showtunes?
Dork Rock?
Homo?
Post Rock Love Songs?
Smooth Jizz?
Bi?
Quiet Storm?
Hetero?
Sugar Coated Fluff?
Top 40 For Geezers?
Hairless Man Rock?
Lesbo Funk?
Queer Soul?
R&B?
Cunt Tree?
Swinger Disco?
Hermit Disco?
Amputee Disco?
White Funk?
Hall And Oats Radio?
Fathers Of Phil Collins ?
Bruce Johnston Hits?
Soft Soul Ballads Of The 70s and 80s?
Cannibal Ballads?
Vegas Acts?
Face Lift Music?
No Balls All The Time?
Pussy Whipped Sounds Of The 70s?
Crybaby Radio?
Love Songs For Shut Ins?

addendum:
Lonely Housewife
Bored Housewife
Cheating Housewife
Housewife Housewife

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
I don't see republicans saying gov. is taking over as much as government is spending the country into, a point of no return.

Money is made out of paper. There's still trees left.

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Republicans, Conservatives

Dem/repub = Divide and conquer. Same old bullshit. It goes on for centuries. It's all just a game. They are playing roles. It's a con. You just can't deal with that reality or you are part of the con.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:38 pm 

Why do negative adds win elections?
When have "We the People" ever been held hostage to a system that was built for the late 1700's? Ah, the amendments. They come and they go, but the foundation is and always will be solid. The Bill of Rights backs it up. So never then.
Why are rulings that happen in FLA always bad for the USA? From Gore vs Bush to The People vs George Zimmerman, to Judge (nice legs) Milan to Holly (shaved his legs) hitchhiking away across the USA? WTF is up north of Key West mon?
Why do negative adds win elections? Are we scared as a whole nation that Willie Horton's gonna getcha, getcha, getcha? :roll:

N.CA. can stand on it's own. We don't need no stinkin' Federales! Of course your welcome to visit, have a great time, spend money, and go back home with countless memories. Ya'll come back next year and make some more, ya hear!? It's getting way too crowded down south in CA.. They want our N. CA. water, ruins our land just to grow more housing and babies for a land that can't sustain what's there now.
I like Jerry Brown in small doses. Now he wants to send our Delta water, via a couple of big tunnels, down to the LA basin.
I say let them ride the new high speed rail system up here if they want a drink so bad! :x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:50 pm 

Still fighting that California uncivil war out there, huh? I sure miss good old Suisun.

I was a big fan of Jerry. He's compromised now.

Wow! I sure blew it on my assertion of who controlled Congress during the first GWB term. My memory ain't what it was...check the voting though, I'm sure you'll see that the Democrats were all for perma-war.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm 

A rope leash wrote:
Still fighting that California uncivil war out there, huh? I sure miss good old Suisun.

I was a big fan of Jerry. He's compromised now.

Wow! I sure blew it on my assertion of who controlled Congress during the first GWB term. My memory ain't what it was...check the voting though, I'm sure you'll see that the Democrats were all for perma-war.

If ya weren't for it you were against America in the next election cycle. I wish all of them would govern with an eye on our future and not what the next election cycle predicts it will be.

Oh and hey rope, I blow it all the time with facts & figures, just like "they" do! Haha! It happens, we tend to remember things were more "our" way than "there's" . Your just getting wiser* is all. :wink:

*code for stuck in your old ways or start diggin' ya old fart, this is the big one! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I fail to see how paying taxes means the fed govt is running my life. I make choices in every part of my life. The constant harping by republicans that the govt is controlling every aspect of our lives is just smoke and noise. A smaller govt would be great, but how can we talk about sensible ways to shrink it when we have all this shouting. I commend Rope and Bravo for getting to more sensible statements on this topic.

So...being reamed by the IRS is by choice?

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:10 pm 

Disco Boy wrote:
[So...being reamed by the IRS is by choice?

Wait a second. Who's reaming you DB? It's just not wise to take a stand on the US IRS unless your paying into them. Don't you have a Canadian tax on properties up in Van?
If you want a discussion about the American IRS system, just ask Caputh, the Englishman now living in Germany, who's currently vacationing down in France. Hey, did I fit that all in?! He's the one guy on the forum who would know the best. Just tryin' to help ya DB. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next