Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:09 pm 

Allow everyone the right to grow it for his or her own personal use, while keeping trafficking illegal. This might illiminate the black market altogether because with a small amount of education, everyone could grow thier own high quality herb for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!

And, not risk lung infections from tainted weed sold by scumbag dealers who only want to make an easy buck.

Imagine there's free weee--eeed! It's easy if you try.
No scumbags to rob us.
And no policeman tooo-oo.

Imagine all the people.
Smoking weed for free.

You may say I'm a dreamer.
Well I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us.
And the world be be - FUN!

Ah well, you get the - cough - cough - cough. Get the picture?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:17 pm 

As long as the trafficking of weed is eliminated I will not care :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:51 pm 

Weed makes you Stoopid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:53 pm 

But if marijuana were legal, who would america get to replace that massive passive free work force, (working for scraps and a cell mind you, not exactly free, but who cares, it's all tax payer dollars anyways, too bad the american public doesn't actually get to reap the benefits of the profits generated this way). Weed smokers are so much easier to control than say, real violent criminals.

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:24 am 

yes, allowing people to grow it for free would be a good idea imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:14 am 

FOWL wrote:
But if marijuana were legal, who would america get to replace that massive passive free work force, (working for scraps and a cell mind you, not exactly free, but who cares, it's all tax payer dollars anyways, too bad the american public doesn't actually get to reap the benefits of the profits generated this way). Weed smokers are so much easier to control than say, real violent criminals.

Ha!!! That reminds me of my son who is to chicken shit to clean his system out to pass a drug test to get a real job. He's 31 years old with one child and another on the way, time to grow up. A lot of employers don't drug test beyond the initial hiring, some actually warn their employees of drug tests scheduled. I've been drugged tested so much on my job it's hard to piss outside of a speciment bottle. The way I figure if you can't quit using drugs for a chance to make a decent living you have a drug problem.

Legalizing drugs? Not with this administration in power here in the USA. The money generated for drug enforcement is a lucrative business and is making certian fat cats rich. It's all about money and power. The goverment know's there is nothing wrong with marijuana, but in the same token 85% of their statistics are for pot with majority of the busts for small amounts.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:25 am 

The problem with modern homegrowing techniques is that the yield is so high, even with just a few plants, that people are bound to sell off some of their harvest.

Homegrowing is semi-legal here (I think you can have 5 plants in your home without getting a fine), but it hasn't exactly eradicated drug trafficing or eliminated the black market. Our climate doesn't really allow outdoor growing anyway, so most of the homegrown stuff here is hydro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:14 am 

So true Zardoz. Sounds like your boy needs a good kick in the butt!

We all smoked at some point, usually before we were 25 yrs.

But now if i take one toke of this hydro stuff i cant fucking speak anymore. It wasn't like that when i was a kid...just good ole mexican weed. Makes you laugh and hungry all in one.

Personnally i think alcohol is the prime drug anyway but that's ok isn't it.

Did you know that the french are the worlds largest consumers of anti-depressants. I guess it really is Hell after all ! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:37 am 

ZardozII wrote:
FOWL wrote:

Ha!!! That reminds me of my son who is to chicken shit to clean his system out to pass a drug test to get a real job. He's 31 years old with one child and another on the way, time to grow up. A lot of employers don't drug test beyond the initial hiring, some actually warn their employees of drug tests scheduled. I've been drugged tested so much on my job it's hard to piss outside of a speciment bottle. The way I figure if you can't quit using drugs for a chance to make a decent living you have a drug problem.

Legalizing drugs? Not with this administration in power here in the USA. The money generated for drug enforcement is a lucrative business and is making certian fat cats rich. It's all about money and power. The goverment know's there is nothing wrong with marijuana, but in the same token 85% of their statistics are for pot with majority of the busts for small amounts.

8)

This is another issue, but worth addressing. Pot stays in your system for up to 6 weeks. You could have smoked a joint last month, get tested and lose your job or not get hired. HOWEVER, you can be an alcoholic or a coke addict and pass a drug test having used those drugs just yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:03 am 

Actually the 30-45 days to clean marijuana out of your system only applies to those who are heavy everyday users. If you are an occasional smoker a couple tokes a few times a week you'll be clean in about 24-36 hours drink plenty of water before a test to dilute the results and you'll be safe. Like Acadian stated the pot today is more potent than 30 years ago. In that regards you shouldn't need to smoke joints its a waste just to get high. I never said I quit smoking reefer, I just learned to control my intake and when I have time off to make sure it's safe in case I do get randomly tested. I do have random drug test and you need to sort out priorities, I've known co-workers that screwed up. What is amazing is the ones who look all straight laced yuppie types that get caught dirty on cocaine when in most cases it'll be out of your system in 24-48 hours. That's stupidity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:53 am 

Hey Zardoz, Do you get tested because of the nature of your job (trains) or is this something that office workers and other clericals go through also?

And if so, i can understand why you would be tested, but not why an office worker would. What gives??

Is this also happening in other countries ??

Not here in France anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:50 am 

ZardozII wrote:
Actually the 30-45 days to clean marijuana out of your system only applies to those who are heavy everyday users. If you are an occasional smoker a couple tokes a few times a week you'll be clean in about 24-36 hours drink plenty of water before a test to dilute the results and you'll be safe. Like Acadian stated the pot today is more potent than 30 years ago. In that regards you shouldn't need to smoke joints its a waste just to get high. I never said I quit smoking reefer, I just learned to control my intake and when I have time off to make sure it's safe in case I do get randomly tested. I do have random drug test and you need to sort out priorities, I've known co-workers that screwed up. What is amazing is the ones who look all straight laced yuppie types that get caught dirty on cocaine when in most cases it'll be out of your system in 24-48 hours. That's stupidity.

Agree with you on joints, and I am awaiting my vapouriser in the mail, but joints do come in handy from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:25 am 

grow loads so you dont after work :shock:
serious now it be better of couse it would give the money to youself not a dealer. the dealer will have to get a job then :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:59 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
Hey Zardoz, Do you get tested because of the nature of your job (trains) or is this something that office workers and other clericals go through also?

And if so, i can understand why you would be tested, but not why an office worker would. What gives??

The only people who get drug tested are those who run trains (Locomotive Engineers and Conductors) and those employees who drive work vechicles or run equipment as in repairing track. I understand your feelings on office workers ect...but our supervisors are not tested which makes things uneven. Besides federal random testing we also get tested on a number of other issues at the discretion of management. What if a supervisor makes a determination that one person needs a drug test, but one of his friends doesn't for the same offense? There is room for bias, I've seen it happen.

I have friends who do long and short haul trucking. Most work for companies that are required to test anyone who has a Certified Drivers License most are warned by their supervisors on when drug testing is scheduled. In the railroads case the Federal Railroad Administration sends out testers without any warning, that is also an unfair playing field. When your looking at someone who drives tractor trailer on our highways skirting the system compared to my only interaction with the public is a railroad crossings. Think about it next time your driving in your car next to that big rig is he clean or high as a kite rushing to get that load to its destination.

I haven't a clue about other countries drug testing policies.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:07 pm 

I'm not sure how much energy it takes to grow a sufficient amount of plants; but I think it would take up a lot of eletricity and water, and cause humidity problems in the neighbour's houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 pm 

BBP wrote:
I'm not sure how much energy it takes to grow a sufficient amount of plants; but I think it would take up a lot of eletricity and water, and cause humidity problems in the neighbour's houses.

Nah, only if you try to grow tons of plants (not to mention the stench, heheh..). For private use a couple is probably more than enough, and it doesn't need to take tons of electricity and water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:36 pm 

ZardozII wrote:
The_Acadian_2 wrote:

The only people who get drug tested are those who run trains (Locomotive Engineers and Conductors) and those employees who drive work vechicles or run equipment as in repairing track. I understand your feelings on office workers ect...but our supervisors are not tested which makes things uneven. Besides federal random testing we also get tested on a number of other issues at the discretion of management. What if a supervisor makes a determination that one person needs a drug test, but one of his friends doesn't for the same offense? There is room for bias, I've seen it happen.

I have friends who do long and short haul trucking. Most work for companies that are required to test anyone who has a Certified Drivers License most are warned by their supervisors on when drug testing is scheduled. In the railroads case the Federal Railroad Administration sends out testers without any warning, that is also an unfair playing field. When your looking at someone who drives tractor trailer on our highways skirting the system compared to my only interaction with the public is a railroad crossings. Think about it next time your driving in your car next to that big rig is he clean or high as a kite rushing to get that load to its destination.

8)

Don't kid yourself, office workers get tested too. My last two permanent jobs for banks required initial drug tests before they would hire me. I worked as a temp for two years for the one place, without a drug test, but when they hired me i had to be tested just the same. i haven't smoked reefer in many a year and it made me feel like some low-down criminal, especially the last time. It was done at a facility where people sell their blood.

I hear in Canada drug testing is illegal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:45 pm 

so did Benjamin Sinclair "Ben" Johnson :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:51 pm 

Yes it is Illegal here to be tested except for some jobs like a pilot i believe. The unions wont let them test you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:10 pm 

I burn everyday. Id say I do hydro, but that would be incriminating. :wink:
It has NEVER been a problem w\ me. The only problems I have ever had is getting caught driving around w\ some( big fucking deal). Im self employed I have a kick ass shop, there everyday. Im in a kick ass band, which I give 110% everytime I play. IMHO Its the attitude you have. The deal is, not to just plan to sit around and smoke pot all day and be a wet brain, but to DO SOMETHING, AND NOT SIT ON YOUR LAZY ASS!!! Set a personnal goal for the day.
I love to smoke herb its a way of lifeand the deal w\ me personnaly is to keep motivated, be a GOOD dad, be at my shop everyday and bust out the BEST custom kitchens I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:28 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
ZardozII wrote:
The_Acadian_2 wrote:

8)

Don't kid yourself, office workers get tested too. My last two permanent jobs for banks required initial drug tests before they would hire me. I worked as a temp for two years for the one place, without a drug test, but when they hired me i had to be tested just the same. i haven't smoked reefer in many a year and it made me feel like some low-down criminal, especially the last time. It was done at a facility where people sell their blood.

I hear in Canada drug testing is illegal.

Very true Zardoz, I think of that every fucking time i pass a truck on the highway, and beleive me, here in France there are 20 trucks for every car on any given highway.

And what is the argument put forward for testing you SAB ? Will your skills, if impaired, put clients at risk of something terrible ? I can see where you would feel like a criminal.

I checked it out, and drug testing is illegal here in France.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:31 am 

Sab: I can see testing bank personel someone with a drug habit could be tempted with all that money. Most companies do intial hiring drug screening today, it's still not the same as what other occupations put up with on randoms. It is embarrassing no matter how many I've done it, it still feels degrading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:16 am 

We need to get the damn money out of pot, and we need to get the millions of men and women in prison on non violent pot charges out of jail. We don't need to finance the drug cartels and we can't pay for room and board to keep these citizens housed and fed in jail.

'Course since when has reality ever affected Congress, they're too busy making money to be bothered with something that doesn't make money for a lobbyist.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:19 am 

bugler wrote:
Allow everyone the right to grow it for his or her own personal use, while keeping trafficking illegal. This might illiminate the black market altogether because with a small amount of education, everyone could grow thier own high quality herb for FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!

And, not risk lung infections from tainted weed sold by scumbag dealers who only want to make an easy buck.

Imagine there's free weee--eeed! It's easy if you try.
No scumbags to rob us.
And no policeman tooo-oo.

Imagine all the people.
Smoking weed for free.

You may say I'm a dreamer.
Well I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us.
And the world be be - FUN!

Ah well, you get the - cough - cough - cough. Get the picture?

"Drugs are bad, M'kay? You shouldn't do drugs, M'kay?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:40 am 

drugs are bad yer tell the fucking doctor it.just been out spent 20 quit on shit ganja and it smells like a diesel tank.
so get you head together and speak real.i give drug dealer 20 quid to smoke shit :shock: now belive it grow your own.